Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbal ect

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Gaaargle.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Bah drugs are overrated I bought one of those ecstacy yokeimabobby's one night and I couldnt get the feckin thing to light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Confab wrote: »
    Oh god not again. Can't people leave this argument alone? It always ends up with the same result. Hasn't anyone learned their lesson?

Ironically, your post is the highest occuring post on boards....the one that condemns a topic as being "redone".

This one i am posting is a very close second.

With regards to mental clarity, did you ever hear of "controlling your dose"?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭spylon

Although there's a small part of me that values the experience of taking ecstasy, if I had the chance again I'd avoid it. Regardless of your intent, though depending on your circumstances and the people you spend time with, it can be a difficult thing to just try once and then leave alone. The buzz, though brilliant at first, is one of rapidly-diminishing returns. And, even after a month of weekly buzzing, it can become extremely difficult to enjoy a night without it. A fair number of people have gone off the rails for 6 months or more in this way, and a fair percentage of those won't regret it, seeing it as a well-earned respite from college or work - though I reckon a lot of them would also say that they'd have been better off experiencing something else during their free time. I'm in the latter camp. Also, any friendships you make during a period like this will usually be completely bogus. There's a scene in the Federico Fellini film La Dolce Vita: the protagonist has just spent a full night going from party to party with a bunch of vapid randoms; they're in pursuit of some kind of chimerical "buzz" to keep them going and make everything worthwhile. This is exactly what taking pills is like, most of the time. Then its morning and they arrive at a beach. The protagonist stops and looks at a little kid playing happily in the sand on the other side of a small stream, realizes that his own life has become completely meaningless. I know that trying out this kind of life for a while has a certain bohemian appeal - but that's all its good for.

Shrooms should be taken once or twice, preferably at a festival or just camping with friends.

I genuinely wish I'd never smoked a single cigarette.

I will genuinely never understand the allure of smoking weed, though enough people seem to thrive on it so I suppose its a question of individual taste (as with most drugs, I suspect).

Booze is a tough one because, while I don't particularly enjoy it, and much prefer having a clear head, its deeply embedded into all forms of social ritual in Ireland. Had I never drank, I'd have better health, more money, I'd have read more etc. But I'd have fewer friends and would have met fewer women. Having said that, I'm giving serious thought to giving the f*cker up altogether.

Advertisement