Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Herbal ect

Options
  • 31-07-2009 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Howdy folks, just had a thought there as I enjoyed my bedtime spliff with a cup of coffee. For those of you who have taken drugs, lsd, cocaine, speed, hash, ecstasy would you change it? Would you go back and not do any of them or were you happy that you done them and experienced them? Just a thought..:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'd do more hash. Haven't taken anything stronger.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Oh god not again. Can't people leave this argument alone? It always ends up with the same result. Hasn't anyone learned their lesson?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,268 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Hands up for a legal drugs sticky !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Confab wrote: »
    Oh god not again. Can't people leave this argument alone? It always ends up with the same result. Hasn't anyone learned their lesson?
    Its the hash.They all keep forgetting theyve asked before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Speaking as someone who is still drunk from last night...agaerhqegt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Expand your horizon forum is that way ->

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Confab wrote: »

Yes. And the lesson was: smoke more hash.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Moaar Cake!!!

Nom Nom Nom N0m!

On a side note, I'll never do opium again, having Arnold Schwarznegger, Will O'dea and a tank in the same dream is just un-nerving....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭chiliconparmi

I wish I didn't do LSD when I was younger. I gave in to pier pressure and regretted it immediately. Was the worst experience of my life, very bad trip. That was over 15 years ago, don’t do any drugs now, well just beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Unless you completely caned it and ended up insane or seriously ill I don't really see why you'd regret it.

Also, posting before the legalise weed debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭chiliconparmi

Lets just say Im still affected to this day from taking it. I don't really want to go into the whole details of it but I do regret taking it. I have smoke weed, dont regret that, thats about it. I smoke cigs now and drink beer and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

.......well just beer.

My thoughts exactly - i'm off to the bottleshop! viva 9 hours ahead of ye suckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

OP, do you always have to have a spilff before being able to sleep?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 asti_mivec

I've done quite a lot of experimenting but I did it when I was ready to, so i never got involved with most drugs until a bit into my 20's and I've researched most of the stuff I've taken beforehand and although I've some uninspiring experiences I do not regret it because it was my choice to try certain things and now I know which one's I like.

It's all about educating yourself to an extent I feel, as otherwise you're not really in a position to discuss these things! That's not a dig by the way, just a personal opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

less beer and more MDMA

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Hands up for a legal drugs sticky !

From the charter -
    There might be a forum on legal highs created soon so such things can be discussed in a controlled manner.

It's needed tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

That line from the charter is way out of date.

A legal highs/drugs forum is never going to happen. Why not? I have no idea, ask the admins.

Considering he also drinks coffee, I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I don't regret taking drugs but I do regret taking so many. In my heydey (20-23 or so) was taking maybe 10+ E's a week along with whatever else was going and now worry about the effect that might have on my brain in later life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

You Suck! wrote: »
    Moaar Cake!!!

Nom Nom Nom N0m!

On a side note, I'll never do opium again, having Arnold Schwarznegger, Will O'dea and a tank in the same dream is just un-nerving....

Who won, willie or arnie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wish I'd done more shrooms and LSD. I was going for that stage 5 trip I had read about, the last time I tried shrooms I took 3 portions that they had in the head shop and had a grand old time. Halucenigenics never freaked me out. I was on them one time having a **** and I noticed I could see through my skin but I thought it was fantastic, I could see all my vains and artery's pumping away all the muscles moving I was just in awe of how complicated the human body is. I didn't find it scary at all, I was in great form afterwards.

LSD and shrooms are the only drugs (bar weed) that I really, really want to try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

in my time on this earth i've tried hash/weed, e, coke, and shrooms. I didn't like e or coke, but don't regret doing it, don't knock it til you try it, right? I just didn't like how they made me feel, not in a bad way, just wasn't me. I wish I did shrooms more when they were easier to get, still smoke weed semi-regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bb4sure

I don't always have a spliff before bed, sometimes. I used to be a big smoker I calmed down a bit. Went through what id say a good few people have, of going on the tear for about a year taking everything and partying hard. Well my case a few years now. I only recently chilled the beans and im just thinking over it and my decisons to do them because so many people wouldn't and I often wonder why? Sure people get addicted badly but thats a minority of the users? I was thinking to myself had all the drugs effected my thinking, memory etc. I can't notice myself but a couple of people say they have noticed differences in me before and after my years of consumption. I put this down to change anyway? Everyone does?

I never mentioned benzos, has anyone enjoyed these little tabs of joy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bb4sure wrote: »
    Would you go back and not do any of them or were you happy that you done them and experienced them?
    Do you mean ever or on particular episodes, the only episodes I would like to have done without would be alcohol & cannabis, a higher percentage of alcohol episodes.
    Why not question his caffeine intake too? perhaps he is taking cannabis to calm the nerves after his caffeine hit? More likely to be a caffeine addict.
    JC 2K3 wrote: »
    A legal highs/drugs forum is never going to happen. Why not?
    There are already 3 legal high/drug related forums, maybe more. beer/wine/spirits, coffee & tea, and for recovering addicts there is the giving up smoking forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Bb4sure

rubadub wrote: »
    Do you mean ever or on particular episodes, the only episodes I would like to have done without would be alcohol & cannabis, a higher percentage of alcohol episodes.

Why not question his caffeine intake too? perhaps he is taking cannabis to calm the nerves after his caffeine hit? More likely to be a caffeine addict.

There are already 3 legal high/drug related forums, maybe more. beer/wine/spirits, coffee & tea, and for recovering addicts there is the giving up smoking forum.

What bad experiences did you have with the herb??
    Yeah I think we all have episodes on the sauce we want to make disappear, I know ive a couple from my teenage years.. :rolleyes:
    I'm not a coffee addict :pac:

True though caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine are all drugs but there gooood, because there legal and taxable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I wish I didn't do LSD when I was younger. I gave in to pier pressure and regretted it immediately. Was the worst experience of my life, very bad trip. That was over 15 years ago, don’t do any drugs now, well just beer.

And your failure was our overall victory. I say we start putting LSD in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bb4sure wrote: »
    Howdy folks, just had a thought there as I enjoyed my bedtime spliff with a cup of coffee. For those of you who have taken drugs, lsd, cocaine, speed, hash, ecstasy would you change it? Would you go back and not do any of them or were you happy that you done them and experienced them? Just a thought..:D
    Spliffs shut me down too much. Alcohol makes me dumb. I do enjoy coffee though.

Frankly theres a lot to be said for mental clarity. You dont get that with drugs. You get strange ideas sure. And you write those ideas down. But in the 3 months I tried that experiment, I could never fully grasp what the hell I was trying to write down, when I read the notes back a week later.

No tbh I get as much enjoyment out of knowing im Me and I no longer spend half of my free time looking for something to smoke. Not that I dont enjoy the seasonal roach or bowl. It just consumes so damn much of your time and mind.

Overheal wrote: »
    Frankly theres a lot to be said for mental clarity. You dont get that with drugs.
    I disagree. Certain drugs, alcohol and weed included, cloud the mind, but not all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Oh god we're averaging about 20 drugs threads a month. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I disagree. Certain drugs, alcohol and weed included, cloud the mind, but not all do.
    ill take you on that. still, those arent substances I have decided to meddle with.

Advertisement