Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meeting others on the green road

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

taconnol wrote: »
    The same can be said by any individual, village, town, city or state. "Oh we're too small - we don't make a difference". The reality is it is collective action that will result in change - collective, not action by 'them people over there'.

you missed the point, i agree with your sentiment totally, but can you bring the peoples republic of china with you, unless they radically change their work practices, then we are irrelevant, think population sizes, 4 million people as opposed to 1.3 billion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moomoom78

dont get me wrong, i agree with you, most other people wouldnt, see it from their point of view, ub and ua is payable only if you are actively seeking work, if you are protesting then you are not seeking work, legally you are not entitled to benefit, sad but true.

as for services to mother earth, im afraid to say that you are pissing against the wind, if change is to occur it must be global, china, india and the u.s are the biggest culprits, if all the people in ireland were to live a totally eco friendly life, it wouldnt make a shred of difference.

world wide we all have to feed ourselves on locally grown food, wear locally produced clothing, use eco fuels, its a nice idea, but realistically it is not going to happen.

i watched an interesting programme this morning on climate change, it seems that the polar caps are already at tipping point, if true nothing can change global warming

This is total bull**** , antarticas ice caps have been expanding rapidly since 1999 and the artic ice has also rebounded strongly over the last two years. Also summer melt has slowed up earlier than normal this year setting the stage for an even stronger re-freeze this winter. Calm down people there is nothing wrong with the caps in-fact they are on their way back to full health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freedom of info

moomoom78 wrote: »
    This is total bull**** , antarticas ice caps have been expanding rapidly since 1999 and the artic ice has also rebounded strongly over the last two years. Also summer melt has slowed up earlier than normal this year setting the stage for an even stronger re-freeze this winter. Calm down people there is nothing wrong with the caps in-fact they are on their way back to full health.

you may well be right, all im guilty of is watching the programme, dont shoot the bleedin messenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

moomoom78 wrote: »
    This is total bull**** , antarticas ice caps have been expanding rapidly since 1999 and the artic ice has also rebounded strongly over the last two years.

Evidence ?

I have a strong suspicion that you are the one talking bullsh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 moomoom78

Evidence ?

I have a strong suspicion that you are the one talking bullsh1t.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25348657-401,00.html

http://www.citizenreviewonline.org/Jan08/10/glaciers.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

you missed the point, i agree with your sentiment totally, but can you bring the peoples republic of china with you, unless they radically change their work practices, then we are irrelevant, think population sizes, 4 million people as opposed to 1.3 billion

Oh right, sorry I'm just used to people using that as an excuse for Irish people not to do anything :o

Edit: Ah Casey, welcome back. You always give yourself away with a news.com.au link :)

Check out temperature records kept by the NASA Institute of Space Studies: data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2008/

Note the cold area down in the Antarctic as a result of the El Nino phenomenon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

This thread has been on life-support for a couple of days now - time to put it out of it's misery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement