Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Investigation - Ross Castle - August 1st 2009

Options
  • 30-07-2009 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

A few of us are heading along to Ross Castle this Saturday and we have a few places left so I thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone is interesting in coming along.

570210554_c715dd770d.jpg

Ross castle is on the Meath/Cavan border, just about an hour and a half drive from Dublin.

It's a great location to cut your teeth on paranormal investigating as it's a very comfortable place to stay.

The cost is just €30 for the night and includes breakfast.

Post here if you're interested. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

oh who else is going, I can actually make this and I do have a torch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Grimes from the PIGs is also coming.

We also have a member or two from Bumpz in the Nite coming along.

There's also some people who have been on our open investigations in the past.

Whats the public transport like to there?

The Bus Eireann website is more horrific than any haunted castle... but from what I gather there is a bus that leaves Dublin at 16.30 and arrives in the Virginia at 18.10.

Virginia is about 10-15 km from the Castle, so we can pick you up from there.

At the moment we have one car filled, if another car opens up I can let you know.

Anybody thinking about going to somewere haunted, this is the best place. First of all it is a B&B but has a great atmosphere, its surrounded by forrest and beside a huge lake.
    Highly reccomended

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Awh cant make this one, have a great night though.

Last visit there some amazing energy. So jealous :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

How did ye get permission to run amok in this B&B? Are ye renting the whole place out?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭smithcity

Can't this time. Finances are low, but I'd definitely be interested in joining up some time down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

Done an investigation there with Ghosthunt Ireland back in March, went well.

Sounds good for €30, cost more with the other group.

With the short timing may not make it but will look into the next one.

Hope it gos well :)

kshiel wrote: »
    Awh cant make this one, have a great night though.

Last visit there some amazing energy. So jealous :(

Hi Kshiel, I take you have already done an investigation there?

• Advertisement

Overblood wrote: »
    How did ye get permission to run amok in this B&B? Are ye renting the whole place out?
    Yep. Pretty much. You book every room in the place and you have it to yourself. So you need a minimum of 8 people.
    feelio wrote: »
    Done an investigation there with Ghosthunt Ireland back in March, went well.

Sounds good for €30, cost more with the other group.

With the short timing may not make it but will look into the next one.

Hope it gos well :)
    It's the short timing that makes it so cheap. Normally pricier. Also I'm not making any money on this at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Hi Kshiel, I take you have already done an investigation there?

Hey feelio,

Have been there quite a few times at this stage, prob the most interesting place I have done an investigation in so far. Well worth a visit. Its usually 60 a head so getting the castle at a cheaper rate is an opportunity. The owners seem to be good like that, cancelation and they rent out at the cheaper rate so excellent.

So what do you guys plan to do here?

Good q overblood, forgot to ask that?

What equipment do ye have & do ye have a full house for the inestigation?

Just trying to remember which room has the most activity.

Will ye be out in the woods too?

Please let us know how the night goes fudge!

Feelio

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Wine

Very good - how did the investigation go guys?

Only just home, very little sleep lots of things which went bump. clatter and growl in the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

Hey, I have an extensive blog entry on what went down at Ross Castle during the investigation. So, if anyone wants a squint at it, give me a shout.

Holopimp wrote: »
    Hey, I have an extensive blog entry on what went down at Ross Castle during the investigation. So, if anyone wants a squint at it, give me a shout.

where can i view holo?

where can i view holo?

PM me and I can send you the link :)

• Advertisement

I'm guessing nothing paranormal happened?...

Overblood wrote: »
    I'm guessing nothing paranormal happened?...

Youd be guessing wrong but im guessing people arnt in too much of a rush to put things on here so they can be riduculed. Nothing happened to be as I was really there for the afterparty :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah now you can hardly expect to use the forum to get people on these trips and then not say what happened? Surely if there was activity posting about it here will help getting people on future trips, no?

Well, so many people messaged me for the link, so I am posting it up now.

http://ghostcatcherie.wordpress.com/2009/08/01/ross-castle-mayhem-co-meath-august-2009/

6th wrote: »
    Ah now you can hardly expect to use the forum to get people on these trips and then not say what happened? Surely if there was activity posting about it here will help getting people on future trips, no?

I dont think there is an obligation on people to post their personal and spiritual experiences on a public paranormal forum for the entertainment of others who lurk for the odd ghost story or aim to redicule people's beliefs. I think it only respects the wishes of the individual invesitgator.Should people wish to come on a public investigation I am sure there are many threads for the location they can pull up from the past 3 years.

Feel free to have your alt accounts thanks this post.. 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ah I'm not saying the individuals, but the people who are looking for bodies at these things, the organisers.

I think a report back from the organisers would be great, with some comment on if the investigation was anyway different then previous ones.

6th wrote: »
    Ah I'm not saying the individuals, but the people who are looking for bodies at these things, the organisers.

I have no problem sharing my blog entries of investigations I go on with you guys and Bumpz. If people want to ridicule me, that is their issue not mine. I am just happy to share what went on, from my experience, and hopefully encourage interest in the paranormal from others. I enjoy the investigations and hope people will enjoy reading about them in my blog. I think it is important that the organisers also publicize their reports too, as they have more experience in the field. Meanwhile I would like to keep tagging along to a few investiations (when you'll have me!) and writing my blog. I am more than happy to post up my blog entry links from now on, as it seems people appreciate them.

Actually, the reason I didn't post my link initially was actually to do with me being worried about spamming. I am new to boards, so not sure how it all works. And I remember years ago posting a link to a personal website on a forum and nearly getting banned! So, I was unsure of the protocol on boards.

Grimes wrote: »
    I dont think there is an obligation on people to post their personal and spiritual experiences on a public paranormal forum for the entertainment of others who lurk for the odd ghost story or aim to redicule people's beliefs. I think it only respects the wishes of the individual invesitgator.Should people wish to come on a public investigation I am sure there are many threads for the location they can pull up from the past 3 years.

Feel free to have your alt accounts thanks this post.. 6th

Thanks for your defence regarding me not posting up my blog. It is much appreciated. I am going to post up my blog from now on though, as it seems people are enjoying reading it, both skeptics and believers. But maybe I will set you and 6th on them if they ridicule me! :p

• Advertisement

Well as valiant as those two, 6th and Grimes may well be you are may be better off reporting such posts for the actual mods of this forum to deal with.

Advertisement