Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website review - www.nojunkmail.info

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

What market are you dealing with? As far as I know you can opt-out of "junk mail" with an post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

padocon wrote: »
    What market are you dealing with? As far as I know you can opt-out of "junk mail" with an post.

doing this wont stop people (not from anpost) butn fliers/adverts in your letterbox!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Tim M-U wrote: »
    doing this wont stop people (not from anpost) butn fliers/adverts in your letterbox!

And you think a sticker saying No Junk Mail will?

because if they disobey the sign, then that would look bad on the company advertised (they would have to speak english though!)

Tim M-U wrote: »
    because if they disobey the sign, then that would look bad on the company advertised (they would have to speak english though!)

In that case I would say your target market is in Dublin & any large citys. Down in Kerry I don't get one leaflet in the door.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I'd get rid of the 'Tell A Friend' bit; it seems odd that a website that is against junk mail would be seen to be harvesting email addresses.

My opinion of the site as it stands, is that I feel insecure. How do I know your are going to ship it?

I know that anyone that buys it you will send one out, but how are they going to know.

I think if you include a phone number, it would help allot, if people had difficulties they could call.

there is a phone number!

btw: i dont know the person who runs the website but would like the website to susceed!

I see it now, it should be on the top of each page though. The only way I can see you making any money from this is by selling them on Amazon ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

My opinion of the site as it stands, is that I feel insecure. How do I know your are going to ship it?

I know that anyone that buys it you will send one out, but how are they going to know.

I think if you include a phone number, it would help allot, if people had difficulties they could call.

There is a phone number and a house address on the contact us page.

This is the exact same as ordering anything from ebay or anywhere else that uses paypal. There are actually some guarantees from paypal for the amount you have spent anyway.

The reason I dont have tax information posted on the site is because im set up as a sole trader and there isnt a hope in hell im puttin my PPS number on a website :eek:

Im thinking I might just create another page for the "Tell a friend" bit with a recaptha control on it with a link to it form the home page or i might just scrap it..

Il look into the other changes mentioned when I get a chance. Thanks for that.

Regarding the amount of junk mail.. i live in tallaght and before I had my sticker up I received tons of junk mail every day.

Im also quite surprised at how angry some people are getting about my site.
    Ive received some abusive emails (some of which are from boards members) saying how disgusted they were with the fact that I was charging for a sticker and am i taking the piss etc.

Believe it or not it is actually optional whether you buy a sticker or not :eek:

Boards members would not be my target market anyway as a lot of people would just print off something and stick it to their door if they really wanted to. Saying that there are a lot of people who wouldnt know how to do this or wouldnt want to do this so this is my target market.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bigbadcon wrote: »
    The reason I dont have tax information posted on the site is because im set up as a sole trader and there isnt a hope in hell im puttin my PPS number on a website

If you are registered then you have an RBN which you can stick on the site instead of a VAT number.

I see nothing wrong with the product itself. I think the price is a bit steep, & that the site could be marketed better. You need to make we want to get one.
    Like by saying:

Do you want to stop, junk mail?
    Are you sick of leaflets & promos?
    Do you want to reduce your carbon foot print.
    If so then or sticker is a must for you!

Something like that.

Also are the stickers selling? If yes then find out what you are doing right, if no find what you are doing wrong.

I think you need to drop the price a bit, if you can. Start selling more than one sticker. And the most important is advertising.

Advertisement