Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I can't afford to eat healty"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I can see her point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

She's the space invader

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I can see her point.

Really? Do you wash yourself with a rag on a stick as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I get all my fruit and veg down on Moore Street (Dublin) every Saturday and do a little top up once during the week if things go off or if we run out. It's all dirt cheap so me and my OH buy loads and loads and still spend less than €25. There's so much fruit and veg in the house then we're never hungry enough to want to go and buy chocolate or crisps.

What a useless excuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

WeeBushy wrote: »
    I'd say emotionally she doesn't feel like dying either. What a hilarious creature she is.

Brilliant!:D
    Smart Bug wrote: »
    I can't afford to subsidise your squalid existence you fat piece of shite.

You're not! 60 million brits are!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭and2

Speaking from the two-bedroom flat she shares with unemployed boyfriend Simon Hawkins, Laura describes how she was shocked into embarking on the weight loss plan after her mother Doreen died of obesity-related complications on Christmas Eve 2005.

She has a boyfriend?!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

foxy06 wrote: »
    Any Weight watchers meetings I went to recommend you DON"T buy all that ready made crap and instead give you deadly recipes for soups stews stirfrys ect that the whole family will eat. Weight watchers is healthy if you don't buy the weight watchers crap. Just follow the points and it's impossible not to lose weight.

She doesn't sound like someone who'd know how, or be bothered, to cook.

No, it's much easier to just roll down the supermarket aisle launching the cheapest nastiest processed junk into the trolley, especially when the price at the till isn't even coming out of your own pocket. Besides if she payus the premium for healthy food, where will she get money to go out on the piss come the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

and2 wrote: »
    Speaking from the two-bedroom flat she shares with unemployed boyfriend Simon Hawkins, Laura describes how she was shocked into embarking on the weight loss plan after her mother Doreen died of obesity-related complications on Christmas Eve 2005.

His nickname is moon.

I love that emotional excuse. I've seen it used a million times on boards too.
    "Oh weight is an emotional issue"
    Boohoo. Go cry 'til you're thin.

People are just weak willed these days. And this whole lovey-dovey "I can't help it" attitude is pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Buy Teso Chicken €4
    tesco Value stir fry veg €2
    tin of chikpeas €1
    two potatoes €1
    Leeks €2

Day one, one chicken breast and stir fry veg, bit of soy sauce, meal for two done in 5 minutes.

Day two, Rest of chcken meat in a big pot with chickpeas, a bit of the left over stirfry veg, half of a potato chopped up, stock cube. Nice spanish chicken stew for 3 people.

Roat chicken carcus, boil into a stock, use stock with potatoes and leeeks. Eat with a bit of bread. Enough for 3-4 people.

3 healthy fast meals for several people, €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Instead of spending 10,000 on surgery why didn't they spend a couple of hundred on cooking lessons and proper nutrition.

I hate reading this stuff, especially when I still have to get up five days a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

remote small scottish island. tent*. daily delivery of rations.

*(5 man)

place fatty on island. return in 1 year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Smart Bug wrote: »
    Really? Do you wash yourself with a rag on a stick as well?

Sorry that was a typo - I meant to say:

I can see her from space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Gawd Almighty, I've just read the article and I would love to give her a slap.

But she'd probably sell an article about being bullieeeeed for bein' fat, innit.

It is down to laziness and of course, fear of failure. She already got a free op out of the system and expects to keep her weight down with no effort on her side? grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

and2 wrote: »

Where am I going wrong?! *stuffs face with Ben & Jerrys*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Dr_H_Lecter

Her boyfriend is not unemployed. Hes a sales rep for space invader crisps.

Drives a jag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Her boyfriend is not unemployed. Hes a sales rep for space invader crisps.

Drives a jag. rides a blimp

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Where am I going wrong?! *stuffs face with Ben & Jerrys*
    The mans a chubby chaser...they can't run fast or for long and are easier to catch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The best part is when she says "after all the hard work I put in losing the weight".

She got surgery paid for by the NHS!!!

Instead of wasting money on crap like that, she should only be given a tiny benefit payment and have her food bought for her. Then she'd have to eat healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Fcuk weight watchers, fresh food is cheaper then fast food by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nasty_Girl wrote: »
    Without the 38 stone to hide behind she now has to stand for herself.
    Without her legs giving way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Wertz wrote: »
    No, it's much easier to just roll down the supermarket aisle
    Quite literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I feel bad for thinking this but anyway, I was thinking as I read about her operations costing the tax payer £8,000 and £12,000 respectively, and the lack of contribution to society; Surely a Bullet would be cheaper for the tax payer?

She comes across as such a waste of life.

</end of evil thoughts>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Emotionally i dont feel like getting up in the mornings. (I hate mornings)

I do it because I want a better life than watching Oprah and Jeremy pile.
    That and the fact in a few months of that id be going on a shooting spree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Come on, it's the Daily Mail.
    Their whole marketing strategy is to write stories that make you angry. Since they can't attack fat people directly like they can rich bankers or criminals, they write this trash to give you an excuse to seethe about fatties instead.

I'm just surprised any boardsies bother with the rag. If you're educated enough to be able to work a cumputer, you should know better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Fat whinging parasite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

djk1000 wrote: »
    Buy Teso Chicken €4
    tesco Value stir fry veg €2
    tin of chikpeas €1
    two potatoes €1
    Leeks €2

Day one, one chicken breast and stir fry veg, bit of soy sauce, meal for two done in 5 minutes.

Day two, Rest of chcken meat in a big pot with chickpeas, a bit of the left over stirfry veg, half of a potato chopped up, stock cube. Nice spanish chicken stew for 3 people.

Roat chicken carcus, boil into a stock, use stock with potatoes and leeeks. Eat with a bit of bread. Enough for 3-4 people.

3 healthy fast meals for several people, €10

Weighing the same as a small skip, priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

beans wrote: »
    ...so I've opted to look like one instead
    Legendary...just legendary...

I love the way the first line is repeated twice. Tells us all we need to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Fremen wrote: »
    I'm just surprised any boardsies bother with the rag. If you're educated enough to be able to work a cumputer, you should know better.

Welcome to After Hours.

Advertisement