Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up goes south?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

No idea about a hostel nearby, we're a ten min drive from mallow but never heard of a hostel there! If ppl don't want to camp they're welcome to stack out a bit of floor space in the house; we've two small spare rooms one with a single bed and the sofa is a pull out bed too. Also I have a 2 man tent n 2 or 3 sleeping bags that I wouldn't be needing. Does that help?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Massage is not ghey unless its two men with a happy ending:P 2 notes though: 1. will need to change my vote there mr/s moderator to the 21st...forgot i'm running a 10mile race in phoenix park on 15th:P 2. Found cheapo stuff in that book so things are looking brighter...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No idea about a hostel nearby, we're a ten min drive from mallow but never heard of a hostel there! If ppl don't want to camp they're welcome to stack out a bit of floor space in the house; we've two small spare rooms one with a single bed and the sofa is a pull out bed too. Also I have a 2 man tent n 2 or 3 sleeping bags that I wouldn't be needing. Does that help?
    So hotels/hostel would be about half hour to your place?
    So like cork city? Even if anybody wanted to stay there it wouldn't be too bad to get them in and out from their hotel with a car perhaps.
    Your rooms and sleeping bags will be great, that will cover lots of us. Just need a few tents between us now.
    Massage is not ghey unless its two men with a happy ending:P 2 notes though: 1. will need to change my vote there mr/s moderator to the 21st...forgot i'm running a 10mile race in phoenix park on 15th:P 2. Found cheapo stuff in that book so things are looking brighter...
    I love a happy ending. :pac:

I changed your vote and voted for that date, everybody was doing it, peer pressure.
    Good ole argos is there for ya.

Also I have a 2 man tent n 2 or 3 sleeping bags that I wouldn't be needing. Does that help?
    That sounds pretty cool, i'm sure most of us would be up for camping it out anyway...sure its more fun drinking outside;) I'll be covered i believe for any sleeping gear now one way or another eh!:)

Thanks alot for changing the vote man, works out better that way. Sure the massage thing dont go that way with me ha! Wouldnt even give happy endings for the females:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Thanks alot for changing the vote man, works out better that way. Sure the massage thing dont go that way with me ha! Wouldnt even give happy endings for the females:P

Suuuuuure, wouldn't

Spose I'll vote for the 21st too, don't want to be left out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wouldn't or couldn't? :pac:

So yeah, we will have to see who is going closer to the day and make sure everybody is allocated a sleeping place and bag! I'm bringing a pillow. :p

Wouldn't or couldn't? :pac:
    Now thats low:P

She said it first! :p

That's what she said

Gonna have to teach you about it camping. My friend got me a tshirt saying that, so I can just point at it when talking to her. :D

• Advertisement

Lol, people find it doubly confusing when I say it though. Coz I'm a girl and I never say it in a situation that makes any sense

I loved saying it when it made no sense. I remember her screams in the hostel before she got me the tshirt of 'Paul that doesn't make sense, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'
    Then beating me senseless with her pillow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

so is it a whole weekend now or just a day/night thing? need to find out if i can get babysitter, dont think 21st will suit me doh coz its my mams birthday, doubt if shed like to bbsit on her birthday! lol

think i have two lil tents i bought in dunnes years ago and never used!

camping will be great fun, be great if we had a big communal tent for drinking in if it rained! lol

or a massage tent maybe :rolleyes:

PPL are welcome to stay as long as they like (we leave our house open as a countryside retreat to people we know anyway) but yer esp welcome to stay longer if ye want to do a bit of woofing!

Rain wise we can clear out the big barn and put chairs n sofas out there, we have leccy there and a toilet so it's quite a cool spot, otherwise we can just hang out in the house witht the fire.

We've a fire pit built already from previous parties with plenty of benches around it if the weathers good it's a lovely spot to have a session.

Any musicians among us? It's always nice to have a few guitars round the fire....

PPL are welcome to stay as long as they like (we leave our house open as a countryside retreat to people we know anyway) but yer esp welcome to stay longer if ye want to do a bit of woofing!

Rain wise we can clear out the big barn and put chairs n sofas out there, we have leccy there and a toilet so it's quite a cool spot, otherwise we can just hang out in the house witht the fire.

We've a fire pit built already from previous parties with plenty of benches around it if the weathers good it's a lovely spot to have a session.

Any musicians among us? It's always nice to have a few guitars round the fire....

oh my god ur place sounds AWESOME!!!!
    really hope i can go!!!
    :D

Thanks mammeo it actually really is a good spot we were dead lucky to get it!
    Just to let you's know I've been in contact with Colm the organizer from the Dublin veggie meet up group and he's putting a notice up on their site to invite their veggies along, the more the merrier me thinks!
    Hope ye don't mind but it seemed in the spirit of things!

Thanks mammeo it actually really is a good spot we were dead lucky to get it!
    Just to let you's know I've been in contact with Colm the organizer from the Dublin veggie meet up group and he's putting a notice up on their site to invite their veggies along, the more the merrier me thinks!
    Hope ye don't mind but it seemed in the spirit of things!

no thats great, def the more the merrier!
    i just hope i get a babysitter! :(

How olds your child? he/she is always welcome along too if you want, you guys could have the spare room with the bed in it, dunno would it be a bit noisy with people going up and down the stairs though. Tis up to yerself anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

I thought your idea was gonna be a ghey massage. :p

Uh?

stops sewing secret webcam equipment into tent for pay per view site

:(

Your place sounds awesome khrystyna. 21st-23rd wouldn't be bad. friday to the sunday and we could head back to our homes then. Although I'll be busy trying to find a home in dub then too, ah well it can wait.

• Advertisement

It really does sound awesome dont it!!:D i can only imagine such a cool place:)

The timeline for me would be head down there Fri (if that's how its planned anyway), home for sat eve as i have a sneaky suspicion i'll be playing a match that Sun too...

Well we could do bbq/wander round town etc on the sat before you head home, dunno, tight squeeze. Her house sounds like the one we camp for a weekend at every year, really like it. And it's awesome, but the abmount of wood we burn to keep a giant fire going for 2 days is crazy! Anybody know how to make lil fire or would it be frowned on? :)

Anybody know how to make lil fire
    Petrol + lighter is all we needed for bonfires at Halloween:D

Seriously though its already been said that a fire-pit exists with some benches for seating:) sure what could be bbq'd for veggies/vegans?

Oh yeah that lil idea about the wander around might not be so bad, sure it could help with the time spent waiting on a bus back to the big schmoke;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ray Mears has recently shown me how to light a fire with some sticks. So I'll bring sticks :). It's probably impossibly difficult though, I'll practice outside my house :P.

And tonight's headlines on six-one news: Massive blaze being tackled in Co.Cork this evening due to frantic stick rubbing:pac:

Could make a few puns from that headline for sure:D

raah! wrote: »
    Ray Mears has recently shown me how to light a fire with some sticks. So I'll bring sticks :). It's probably impossibly difficult though, I'll practice outside my house :P.
    haha, i remember doing that as a kid, toooook fecking agggges.
    Petrol + lighter is all we needed for bonfires at Halloween:D

Seriously though its already been said that a fire-pit exists with some benches for seating:) sure what could be bbq'd for veggies/vegans?

Oh yeah that lil idea about the wander around might not be so bad, sure it could help with the time spent waiting on a bus back to the big schmoke;)
    Oh didn't see the fire thing. As for veggies bbq. We will need to go to town, get wooden skewer things, lots of vegetables like mushroom, onion, pepper, aubergine, wahtever you want on a skewer, burger buns, and fake meaties, oh tummy growling.
    And do we need to get a little disposibel bbq or?

haha, i remember doing that as a kid, toooook fecking agggges.

Oh didn't see the fire thing. As for veggies bbq. We will need to go to town, get wooden skewer things, lots of vegetables like mushroom, onion, pepper, aubergine, wahtever you want on a skewer, burger buns, and fake meaties, oh tummy growling.
    And do we need to get a little disposibel bbq or?

There's one at my house which probably wouldn't be missed for a couple days, it'd fit in a boot but I doubt it could be brought on a bus

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Hmmm... I just voted for the weekend of the 21st but it's only a maybe as I'll only be back in the country 3 days at that stage...

I also may get all wimpy and not want to meet you scary vegetarians!

Your house does sound cool though, krystyna100! And I have been meaning to spend some proper time in Cork...

bbq sounds good.

Where do you donnie? If it's in dub we having a drink on sunday if you want to meet us, I'm not scary, like a teddy bear with blue eyes. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

Where do you donnie? If it's in dub we having a drink on sunday if you want to meet us, I'm not scary, like a teddy bear with blue eyes. :p

I'll be in Galway at that stage, but I'm in Edinburgh till then so won't be anywhere near Dublin on Sunday! Cheers for the invite though.
    I've just got an image of a freakishly blue-eyed teddy bear :eek:
    Anyway, we shall see, we shall see...

Edit: I posted at 20:46 exactly... and a shiver ran down Wong Kar Wai's spine! Had to make note of this, sorry, random digressing ends now...

Advertisement