Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That was excellent and the meet and greet at the end was brilliant as well. The guys were really sound. Got my CD signed by the guys. I'll be there nextr year!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Great show last night.Even my wife enjoyed it and she doesn't do "video games".Pretty funny comments after the 14 year old had done the Guitar Hero challenge:D.Definitely going to this again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I went to the 3.30 show - thoroughly enjoyed it even if the hall wasn't full, will definitely plan to see it again if/when they come back.

Also bought the CD which I listened to last night - great stuff for a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Did the person at the 3.30pm show win the arcade challenge?? The guy at the 8.00pm show came close with 2 maybe 3 invaders left.He must be sickened to be so close to winning a nice mame set-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭rgfuller

No such luck - his strategy was wrong - he left a full width of invaders for most of the 2 mins and had quite a few left when the time ran out - he also used about 7 'lives', not a space invaders player at all I'd say.

How did the guitar hero guy do at 8pm - the 3.30pm kid tried on expert but failed before the end (maybe a bit of lag looking at the big screen), he got to retry on hard and scored about 140k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We had Chris from Family Guy play at 8pm. He got well over 200,000 in expert but failed at 93% mark. I say it was due to lag during the end solo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭djsim

I must admit, I thought that it was a great show. The family travelled up from Limerick to watch it, and even though we kinda got lost travelling from Dublin (ended up on the galway road) the show was great.

I was well impressed with the musical score of warcraft (never played it:pac:)
    I also liked the retro section at the start. Will attend next year again the show comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 erikwetbeard

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We had Chris from Family Guy play at 8pm. He got well over 200,000 in expert but failed at 93% mark. I say it was due to lag during the end solo.
    Yeah There was annoying lag.
    P.S. I'm Dean Conway (Chris)

You did really well. I can only struggle through the easy songs on hard at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Was a great show, loved the megaman, chrono trigger & metroid sections. Fair play to you Dean, what exactly did you win? (can't remember the list of things he'd mentioned beforehand)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Yeah There was annoying lag.
    P.S. I'm Dean Conway (Chris)

Kudos for asking to play on Expert (knowing that you'd score more points with more notes ;))

Advertisement