Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Games Live

Options
  • 27-07-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Figure some of the folks in here might be interested in this.
    Video Games Live are performing in the National Concert hall.

They're an orchestra that play video game themes, with a big video screen showing clips from the games. Most of it tends toward the retro.. donkey kong mario etc..

http://www.nch.ie/Box-Office/Performances/Video-Games-Live-(1).aspx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Quality. I'll be going to this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got my tickets already :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hmm, its only €23 might check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll def be popping along to this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gotta get myself to this, although it does sound like a Nerd magnet, an accident here and no one will be left to buy retro goodies, hmmm......

You guys all go, I'll be buying some fertiliser and some timers online....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

TygerKrash wrote: »
    They're an orchestra that play video game themes, with a big video screen showing clips from the games. Most of it tends toward the retro.. donkey kong mario etc..

Hummmph, where's the C64 SID covers?? Think I'll stick to Press Play on Tape :)

Master of the Universe

zzap64 wrote: »
    Hummmph, where's the C64 SID covers?? Think I'll stick to Press Play on Tape :)

The only album I have of theirs is Run/Stop Restore. It's really great though. Must get some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭zzap64

o1s1n wrote: »
    The only album I have of theirs is Run/Stop Restore. It's really great though. Must get some more.

I've seen them live a couple of times as well. Very good. Rock and C64 all in one. What could be better? x-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

That Tommy Tallarico guy did the soundtrack to Cool Spot, very memorable. I think I'll check this out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,925 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And the earthworm jim soundtracks and advent rising. Think his soundtrack for advent rising was the only decent thing about that game.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

zzap64 wrote: »
    I've seen them live a couple of times as well. Very good. Rock and C64 all in one. What could be better? x-)

Rock and Megadrive...although nobody has really done it too good yet. Megadriver is good but a little meh, I want something with a bigger production value :pac:

Love chiptune/circuit bending stuff though. Usk, Nullsleep & Bit Shifter to name but a few. This years Blip Festival was just on a few days ago I think. Wish I could have gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

I am going to so drag the Girlfreind to this. :), Geek fest ahoy! now Who would be wearing there Gaming shirts to this?

It's kind of hilarious looking at the youtube videos of this. There's a philharmonic orchestra playing yet at the start of every song you'd swear the crowd were at an AC/DC gig and Thunderstruck had started up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm trying to go but I have no mates who are into this, damn, just bought tickets to Kila and Eddie Izzard as well, may be tricky to swing another concert! Especially if I'm going solo!

I wonder if there will be a leaning towards Tallarico's own compositions, because they are simply less known than the great Nintendo themes, I mean, do we really want to hear Earthworm Jim or would we prefer a medley of Zelda pieces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Just bought the tickets Whoop Whoop! My Gf is all for the bioshock music which will rock!. We will be dressed as mario and peach so look for us:confused::confused::confused:

Master of the Universe

So...anyone else getting tickets? Just thought I'd bump this seeing as I just got mine

Now the big question, to dress up or not? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thanks for bumping, never knew about this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Dam I would love to go to this but I have no friends who are interested in VGM and I would not like to go myself :(

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Dam I would love to go to this but I have no friends who are interested in VGM and I would not like to go myself :(

Tag along with one of us, Ill be going with one or two others, your more than welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Tallon wrote: »
    Tag along with one of us, Ill be going with one or two others, your more than welcome :)

thanks but I am 14 :\

Master of the Universe

Final bump seeing as this is on Sunday. I can't wait! Think I'll break out the Sega jacket heh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm still in 2 minds whether to go. Do you think you could buy tickets at the door?

Master of the Universe

(Just in case you didn't see in the other thread)

There are tickets still available, but I don't know about buying them at the door. I have to pick my tickets up at a machine so would imagine they'll have a box office too.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Looks like there are only tickets for the 3.30 show, not the 8pm tomorrow. (at least from looking at the website).

Who's going to the 3.30 show?

I have a spare ticket for the 3:30 show, drop me a PM if you want it

Thanks Tallon! But I want to see if I can get tickets for the 8pm show

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

I know its late in the day but It turns out I have a spare ticket for tonight. drop me a PM if you're interested.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Well that was pretty damn amazing!

Advertisement