Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did Adam & Eve's Kids Have Kids?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Zillah wrote: »
    ^ That one I knew about!

Yes I'm aware it is traditionally a female name, but it's old and obscure enough to do anything I want with.

Godzillah but the God is always silent.

Angels and demons are androgynous and dont have a gender.

In Mel Gibsons the Passion of the Christ Satan was played by the Italian Actress Rosalinda Celentano with a shaven head for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

CDfm wrote: »
    Angels and demons are androgynous and dont have a gender.

Zillah was Lamech's human wife, no?

Zillah wrote: »
    Zillah was Lamech's human wife, no?

Yes.But there is a bit of demon there if I am not mistaken.

There is a Torah of Zillah apparently and here is a quote from a translation you might like

" And be not as salesmen for YHWHs word"

http://www.jacksonsnyder.com/arc/pdf/Torah-of-Zillah-122507.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I thought Lilith had a bunch of kids with an angel? Or was that just in the comic <<

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Supposedly Christians believe that our genes got weaker with each successive generation after Adam and Eve, so being fresh from the garden Adam and Eve still had relatively perfect genes. I think I remember hearing that this was the reason why early humans could live for hundreds of years (i.e. Methuselah), and that the incest taboo only came about when we reached a level of imperfection where successive generations bred from incest would show genetic mutations and abnormalities.

If that was the reasoning does that not mean early christians discovered evolution? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If that was the reasoning does that not mean early christians discovered evolution? :eek:

No, a scientist had to tell them what genes were first. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Wicknight wrote: »
    I've always be interested why there isn't an answer for this in the Bible.

The ancient people who came up with these oral stories were superstitious and ignorant of things like biology but probably not that stupid that they would never pounder this question, so it is some what surprising that a more iron clad explanation didn't seep into the stories over time.

It's bloody weird innit? I would take it as evidence that their culture was much less literalist than ours. They didn't read the creation myth literally so it didn't matter much to them that this detail was missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Húrin wrote: »
    It's bloody weird innit? I would take it as evidence that their culture was much less literalist than ours. They didn't read the creation myth literally so it didn't matter much to them that this detail was missing.

Oh right, so the reason they're constantly wrong isn't that they're wrong...it's because their culture is "less literalist" than ours.

Noah was a wild man after a few drinks. After the flood he planted a vinyard.

given the ark etc wouldnt that make noahs sons the "fathers" of humanity so isnt that the starting point??

Advertisement