Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you see yourself in ten years' time?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Working hard, somewhere that needs it. All going well, I'll be an army officer, a captain with luck, hard work and opportunity. I'll be in charge of operations on a small scale and I'll have responsibility. That not working out right, I expect I'll be a soldier, either with the Defence Forces or the British Army, serving somewhere, doing my best.

Sounds like a half decent plan dude. ;)

Hopefully I'll be be living in my very own house, very much in love and perhaps with a wee nipper, maybe even two of them. I'll hopefully still love my job as much as I do now but working with a different colour beret on my head and pretty much just enjoying life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

In all seriousnessnessness... I hope to be doing something within Irish music - so I imagine that would entail probably living over in Ireland; hopefully in a band/some kind of professional session banjo player type thing? I dunno... high hopes

More than likely working in a god-forsaken office googling ways of killing myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

10 years older:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Gettin my hole off boardsies cos I've become the admin :P

realistically, (and to keep the ban stick away) Hopefully I'll have settled into my career nicely and be 11 years not smoking... missus would be nice too but optional until pa|m goes away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

brummytom wrote: »
    In all seriousnessnessness... I hope to be doing something within Irish music - so I imagine that would entail probably living over in Ireland; hopefully in a band/some kind of professional session banjo player type thing? I dunno... high hopes
    I never thought I'd say this, but you should try living here! :/
    More than likely working in a god-forsaken office googling ways of killing myself
    Welcome to our world ;)

• Advertisement

Abigayle wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this, but you should try living here! :/
    I'm planning on moving on there within the next 5-10 years actually (don't worry, I won't become a plastic paddy)... maybe try for Trinity if I get the grades I'm meant to?

Heh.. an Englishman going over to Ireland for work... hehehe
    Welcome to our world ;)
    I hate it! Work experience - walked out one day cos it was so boring.
    Why can't I be 3 year-old again? :( I hate growing up

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Married,living in the US,two children ,maybe 3. And all going well owning my own bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Heh.. an Englishman going over to Ireland for work... hehehe

Your crowd have been doing that for years and years, look at the North. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

TheZohan wrote: »

That was them Scots to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 yeahsure

indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

PI

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Posting from Prison or Prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

I'll see myself posting on my computer on another "Where do you see yourself in ten years' time?" thread!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Well I am still waiting on the magic five years in remission (only at 2 years 5 months now) so I would be totally shocked if I am alive in 10 years time...

If I am I would hope that my lovely husband would be with me too, that we were both in good health and that we would have a family of sorts, would love it if my parents were still alive and that my brother was married to the lovely girl that he is dating now (and had kids).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

yeahsure wrote: »
    probably in prison for brutally murdering the creators of big brother:mad:
    Not if I get there first, or maybe we can split it?
    I beat them unconscious, then when they wake up you can beat them to death.

If you do get it first then hopeully I'll be working in a job I don't hate, for decent pay, living somewhere nice and with a nice girl.
    In fact any one of those would be nice, and since it's not too specific I should be able to get at least one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Married , 2 or three (bilingual) children, still living here but owning my own place.

Also I would like lots of little nieces and nephews from my by-then happily married siblings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭username4321

Really successful in my career, living somewhere other than Ireland perhaps NYC,London,Paris. Being fluent in at least one other foreign language.
    Have a serious boyfriend/fiancee.

Please don't lump me together with the Scots/Protestants :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

:( I liked your first answer better.

I agree with ABIGayle though try living here ;)

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Amanda is that you?
    :o How did you guess lol
    Women whose only main thought about the future is about who they want to marry scare me.

Considering I'm the best man in the world, it looks like youre fcuked

Thats not my only thought did you not read rest of my post :rolleyes:
    I dont need to think about him, I already have him so your fuked :D:P sorry for wrecking your little fantasy :( lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Are you a villa fan by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

10 years? I don't know where I'll be two months from now.

Hopefully a superhero.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Have moved out of Dublin and gotten my perfect job in London or NYC. If I happened to still be here, I'd like to be on my way to opening up my own venue. Would like to do some writing also, reviews and the likes. My own place too.

Twee. wrote: »
    Have moved out of Dublin and gotten my perfect job in London or NYC. If I happened to still be here, I'd like to be on my way to opening up my own venue. Would like to do some writing also, reviews and the likes. My own place too.

Stay away from both of them cities trust me they would eat your little sweet Irish ass up over there :( Those people are animals no Irish sweet girl would ever survive!!!!

Good luck with the writing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

shqipshume wrote: »
    Stay away from both of them cities trust me they would eat your little sweet Irish ass up over there :( Those people are animals no Irish sweet girl would ever survive!!!!

I'm screwed so! :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

shqipshume wrote: »

Well unfortunately, getting my dream job isn't very likely in this country! And even if it happens, I'll need a hell of a lot of good experience! So I'll just have to learn to be a mean business woman and get what I want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

A writter of awesome books and or jurno. and I should have 44,000 post then

orourkeda wrote: »
    Are you a villa fan by any chance?

Officially - though I'm not too interested in it :P

If I was a bluenose, I'd have googled suicide a long time ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

One of the many in the giant tent city that our government put us all in. Hopefully I'm some sort of evil warlord running all over the weak.

Advertisement