Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

michael mcmullen leaving todayfm

Options
  • 24-07-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭

just heard tony say this was his last day, anyone know where he's off too, and who'll do premier league live i wonder

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Tony who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

patrickc wrote: »
    just heard tony say this was his last day, anyone know where he's off too, and who'll do premier league live i wonder

Are you sure it wasn't Michael Ryan in the newsroom Matt Cooper wished him all the best at 4.30 news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

So long Moychael McMowllen

I wont miss him anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i think he wasnt that bad , he was over demonised , anyone who thinks his accent is annoying obviously never listened to the business news on morning ireland with umma mocknomarra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Badabing wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasn't Michael Ryan in the newsroom Matt Cooper wished him all the best at 4.30 news.
    Yep I think you are right, heard it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

robo wrote: »
    Yep I think you are right, heard it too.

Huh is the fooker gone or wha ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Tony who?

Toby ? Toby Choo ...Toby Wong...Toby Chung..fcukin Charlie Chan...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thank gawd, way over-the-top and too confrontational.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Thank gawd, way over-the-top and too confrontational.

Michael Ryan is too confrontational?

(Ryan is leaving, McMullen is not. Well, not that anyone knows of, anyway.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

If that's so, it's a pity. Michael Ryan's a lot easier on the ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭patrickc

I must of got it wrong so, sorry for getting peoples hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You...you....you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

lol

the thread title would have come as quite a shock to michael mcmullen :eek:

my mother does a good impression of him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Mwoiiiiiiiceal MacccMulllllllllen has a great accent. I love the accent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Thanks for the momentary brightness it added to my day though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Great presenter. good show the Premier league live. He has an accent, so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thewholehogge

Anybody know where he is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Well, seeing as yours is the first reply in 6 years, I'm sure he is where he was going by now.

So Michael McMullen didn't leave 6 years ago. But I did hear Ian Dempsey say this morning that Michael has left & they are looking for new talent to take over. Then he played an ad with Anton Savage advertising the position. If he is staying in sport then the next move would be into TV Ashe did present the Sports flagship program every Saturday on Premiership Live.
    So my suggestions is TV3 for the rugby world cup or taking over from Tom McGurk on RTE's rugby panel which won't be on telly though until the 6 Nations.
    That's unless he is gone into a different role completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,184 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So is he leaving or what !!

Michael McMullen doing RTE's Six Nations coverage in Tom McGurk's place? Are you having a laugh?

Birneybau wrote: »
    Michael McMullen doing RTE's Six Nations coverage in Tom McGurk's place? Are you having a laugh?

I am just throwing suggestions out there. I really dunno. Heard Rule Nugent talk to Ray Darcy the other day & no names yet for McGurks replacement.

Fair enough. He's not big enough in my opinion.

I was thinking that too but do you really need a big name? You want someone who can bring the panel together & mix the talk well. Off topic but who would be big enough? I think the loss of the World Cup is not pushing pressure on RTE to get a big named presenter & once they still get the big named pundits (O'Gara & Horgan among others) then a well rounded presenter is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭GSF

Well he's got the accent but he's more of a soccer guy isn't he? I'd guess Setanta or Rte sport to do football probably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Why, how tall was McGurk and does that matter as he'd be sitting down:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭redoctober

Anybody know why today fm have done away with the phone in show? Was it related to Michael mcmullen leaving? Have to say I preferred him as a presenter. Thought it went a bit tabloid the past couple of years.

I thought that it was due to the fact that Johnny Lyons (who presented it betwee 5pm & 6pm) last year, passed away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭redoctober

robo wrote: »
    I thought that it was due to the fact that Johnny Lyons (who presented it betwee 5pm & 6pm) last year, passed away?
    I didn't get to listen to all the premier league coverage this season so far but noticed the weekend before his death that there was no phone in either. Hence the question.

Advertisement