Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic FC tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

clown bag wrote: »
    I can't articulate how much I'm opposed too getting a red devil tatt though, I heard they never look right and cause the skin to explode and in some cases limbs amputated. Best off playing it safe and going with a liver bird. Just looking out for ya :pac:

Ha! Cheeky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

A United and Celtic tattoo. If you cant pick just one, then dont do both.

This is my Liverbird, as i said before, if you didnt know about football then chances are, you wont know what it is:

394617891a7946695305l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anyone who associated Celtic with the IRA are uneducated fools, which unfortunately there are no shortage of idiots like this.
    My point exactly, thank you. There are plenty who view it as a...
    symbol of intolerance, bigotry and hatred
    And perhaps the OP was completely oblivious to this fact.
    The symbol has been so far hijacked by the Nazi's and subsequent Neo-Nazi's that and previous meaning the Hindu's and Native Americans may have had for that symbol is all but lost.
    Many would say Celtic has also been "hijacked" in a very similar way. You are explaining my point far better than I did myself.

Personally I think anyone who would judge someone on having a Celtic Football club tattoo, is stupid enough for me to not give a toss what their opinion is.
    I mentioned this too, the persons opinion still could have ramifications for you, e.g. garda, judge, employer, "rival fan".

Melion wrote: »
    I think that poster was taking the piss
    This is my Liverbird, as i said before, if you didnt know about football then chances are, you wont know what it is:
    I am not into football at all but I recognise it straight off, the only other I think I would recognise is the man utd devil. But back OT, I do think a discrete design like this would be far better, e.g. just simply get the celtic 4 leaf shamrock (clover?) on its own. Also less likely for it to go bad if they messed up the writing. Most people who would recognise it would be supporters and so likely not have prejudiced ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

394617891a7946695305l.jpg

All I can say is thank fook for laser removal ;) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

All I can say is thank fook for laser removal ;) :P

Well thats not nice :(;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ruairi82

I have four celtic (not the football club) tattoos and dont think any of them would be offensive to any reasonable person. As for that fella with the Rangers tattoo on his arm-if thats what he likes then thats up to him, I'd be a bit more concerned about his baseball cap, 'Belfast loyalists'- not exactly something to be proud of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Chris%20shoulder.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

rizzee how does that contribute to the thread at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Will wrote: »
    rizzee how does that contribute to the thread at all?

It doesn't he seems to think all the tattoos he has round the Rangers crest link up with the club and if he does he is so wrong as I have said the quote I have on my sig is linked to Rangers through an old manager and I have it on my arm

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Right, I'm locking this thread as it seems some of you want it to descend into a Celtic V Rangers type thread. Try that in the Soccer forum if you want, see where it gets you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement