Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic FC tattoo

Options
  • 24-07-2009 7:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi..

Has anyone got any celtic fc tattoos?

If so can i see? I really want to get one!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

I hate to preach but imo football tats are the MOST goddamn awful things you can tattoo on yourself. A Celtic FC tattoo says nothing but youthful naivety...buy a jersey and research proper IRISH tattoos.

Being nice btw:)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

IrishSerf wrote: »
    I hate to preach but imo football tats are the MOST goddamn awful things you can tattoo on yourself. A Celtic FC tattoo says nothing but youthful naivety...buy a jersey and research proper IRISH tattoos.

Being nice btw:)

thanks for the reply,

I have taught long and hard.. i dont want a big one or anything.. maybe 1888 on my foot or something i have one tattoo of a star id like to modify.. into something better so perhaps a star desing with 1888 im not looking at tacky ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Celtic FC are my second love after my kids...

28012007257.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Celtic FC are my second love after my kids...

what about your missus? is she in 3rd place, after the bhoys?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

I really like the detail in the clover alot of people dont do that.. its a perfet replica hail hail!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

IrishSerf wrote: »
    I hate to preach but imo football tats are the MOST goddamn awful things you can tattoo on yourself. A Celtic FC tattoo says nothing but youthful naivety...

Don't preach then. OP didn't ask for advice on her tattoo, she asked for samples.

I don't read this forum, but i've thought about asking the same question myself.. and i knew this would be the sort of reply id get so i didn't.

Hope you get something you like OP, good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Don't preach then. OP didn't ask for advice on her tattoo, she asked for samples.

I don't read this forum, but i've thought about asking the same question myself.. and i knew this would be the sort of reply id get so i didn't.

Hope you get something you like OP, good luck.

What?!? Opinions?!? here, on the internet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

longshanks wrote: »
    what about your missus? is she in 3rd place, after the bhoys?

3rd place??...She doesn't even make the top 5. lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Whats the problem with football tattoos? I have the liverbird from the Liverpool crest on the back of my right calf. Only people who know about football would know what it is.

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    Whats the problem with football tattoos? I have the liverbird from the Liverpool crest on the back of my right calf. Only people who know about football would know what it is.

Nothing wrong with football tats at all...some people obviously think they are tacky or stupid, but I say if the team means that much to a person, why wouldn't/shouldn't they get a tattoo?? People get tattoo of music bands or brand names or a whole range of themes that other people may find silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CorkFella18

Never Mind The Celtic Tattoo Why Not express where you come frm by a traditional irish/celtic cross tattoo?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

I'd love to get a dundalk fc tattoo but it would probably be too sore.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

hah i was always thinking of getting a bohs tatoo with 'j'adore bohemians' underneath it. lmao and then exposing my ripped bicep when i score for ireland in world cup final or for barcelona at the camp nou :shifty:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Never Mind The Celtic Tattoo Why Not express where you come frm by a traditional irish/celtic cross tattoo?:D

you're kidding, right? there is nothing traditional or irish about that straight-from-Jenny-clarke-flash design. its basically a bulldog wearing the union jack as shorts - but for irish people...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭dannydfc

hah i was always thinking of getting a bohs tatoo with 'j'adore bohemians' underneath it. lmao and then exposing my ripped bicep when i score for ireland in world cup final or for barcelona at the camp nou :shifty:
    not get it done?:L

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Melion wrote: »
    Whats the problem with football tattoos?
    It would be celtic in particular that could cause problems. Many people see celtic and automatically think IRA, like it or not people will judge you. I know many people who think anybody in a celtic jersey is a scumbag, if they saw a tattoo it would be even worse. You can say you don't care what they think, but they do care and it could have ramifications, e.g. not get a job, or be in a job and a employer sees it and you never get promoted etc. You might think this is OTT, but I have heard extremely strong views from people regarding celtic fans. They would think you are purposely looking for trouble. Dunno why you would risk it,

You might also run into this guy and get in a spot of bother.
    Rangers13-football-club-tattoos-tattoo-designs-pictures-gallery.jpg
    OP didn't ask for advice on her tattoo
    If she was looking to get a swastika as a sign of good luck I would give the same warnings. Most will see it and make a prejudiced decision about the person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

why would someone want to get a tattoo of a foreign british club anyway?

Lets not turn this into a witch hunt or anything like that.

If people wanna go on about ancient history take it to the relevant forum, don't want that crap here.

rubadub wrote: »
    If she was looking to get a swastika as a sign of good luck I would give the same warnings. Most will see it and make a prejudiced decision about the person.

Please tell me you did not compare a FOOTBALL club badge (With a high percentage of Antifa activist supporters I will add) to a universal symbol of intolerance, bigotry and hatred?? If that is how you mind works then you need to sit down and hae a long hard look at how you evaluate things.

And to the person that called Celtic a foreign "British" club, Obviously you either know nothing about Celtic football club and it's history or else you DO and you are trying to start an agruement, in which case that says more about you than anyone else.

Anyone who associated Celtic with the IRA are uneducated fools, which unfortunately there are no shortage of idiots like this. I agree that the vast majority of Celtic Supporters are of Irish Ancestory or are Irish themselves and a sizeable portion of those probably do support the Republican aim of a united Ireland but these are by no means connected to their support of Celtic as a football club. Personally I am an Irish Republican but there are MANY MANY supporters of Celtic from a wide range of backgrounds. None more so than the current Chairman of Celtic Football club, Former Home Secretary and War Criminal John Reid.

This is a rediculous way for some people to have dragged a simple TATTOO thread, but unfortunately some people must have very little to do with their time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Nothing wrong with a football tattoo if its done properly i have my sig on my arm well without Bill Struths name you go for it girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Please tell me you did not compare a FOOTBALL club badge (With a high percentage of Antifa activist supporters I will add) to a universal symbol of intolerance, bigotry and hatred??

Please tell me you did not compare an ancient sign of peace, well-being and luck, which has been used in many cultures and religions since the neolithic period, to a universal symbol of intolerance, bigotry and hatred??

>.<

Create a new thread on swastikas if ye want, but keep on topic please

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Please tell me you did not compare an ancient sign of peace, well-being and luck, which has been used in many cultures and religions since the neolithic period, to a universal symbol of intolerance, bigotry and hatred??

The symbol has been so far hijacked by the Nazi's and subsequent Neo-Nazi's that and previous meaning the Hindu's and Native Americans may have had for that symbol is all but lost.
    Again not the place for this discussion...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

You legend i was going to use the exact wording there:D:DBuddhistswastika.jpg

But on the op's question any tattoo done tastefully can be worthwhile iv even got a tatto of my star sign and that can be weird for people too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I don't think football tattoo's should be done unless you play for the team, but thats my opinion, if you want it get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

The symbol has been so far hijacked by the Nazi's and subsequent Neo-Nazi's that and previous meaning the Hindu's and Native Americans may have had for that symbol is all but lost.
    Again not the place for this discussion...

It's kinda relevant in a way though, because many people would see the Celtic logo, and immediately think the person supports the IRA, or is a republican / skanger. It's just a stereotype that people make. In the same way people assume a swastika is a symbol of fascism / nazis etc, people would think of violent republicanism if they saw a Celtic tattoo.

It's kinda relevant in a way though, because many people would see the Celtic logo, and immediately think the person supports the IRA, or is a republican / skanger. It's just a stereotype that people make. In the same way people assume a swastika is a symbol of fascism / nazis etc, people would think of violent republicanism if they saw a Celtic tattoo.

Ok, yeah that point is fair enough. But that is due to the ignorance of that person who thinks that way.
    Personally I think anyone who would judge someone on having a Celtic Football club tattoo, is stupid enough for me to not give a toss what their opinion is.
    Many more people again would think you are a scumbag just for having a tattoo of ANY kind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've been thinking about getting a Celtic FC crest myself, but I wasn't sure how it would look so thanks to the poster who put up the pic of his tattoo, it looks class. I also want to get the Man United devil on my upper arm of the back of my calf, and an Ireland flag with "Eireann go Bragh" in a banner above it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I've been thinking about getting a Celtic FC crest myself, but I wasn't sure how it would look so thanks to the poster who put up the pic of his tattoo, it looks class. I also want to get the Man United devil on my upper arm of the back of my calf, and an Ireland flag with "Eireann go Bragh" in a banner above it.
    so many clichés, too little skin.

I'm not going advise against doing all that because it's your skin and you can do as you wish but think hard before you do. Tattoos are permanent and what seems like big deals in your life at one moment are often just background noise later on. Will you still be a die hard celtic / utd fan in 5 years or will life relegate them to just checking the scores once a week. There are many ways to illustrate nationalism / patriotism / celebrate being Irish that doesn't involve a tacky flag and banner tattoo. Come up with a unique piece of celtic knotwork, use imagery from Irish history, so many variations which imo are superior to a basic flag and banner.

I'm not against football tatts either, although I'm not a fan of club crests, purely because I don't think they look great. I've often thought about getting a liverbird, never once the club badge though. I can't articulate how much I'm opposed too getting a red devil tatt though, I heard they never look right and cause the skin to explode and in some cases limbs amputated. Best off playing it safe and going with a liver bird. Just looking out for ya :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement