Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

Nutsy Fenlons red black army!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

Would everyone just chill out about the Leaving Cert.

It's a simple exam. Genuinely. I done it this year and I found it simple. Just do a decent amount of homework. No real need to study. By a decent amount of homework I mean about an hour a night. No more than that.

The last thing you want to do is get too stressed out about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

JW91 wrote: »

It's a simple exam. Genuinely. I done it this year and I found it simple. Just do a decent amount of homework. No real need to study. By a decent amount of homework I mean about an hour a night. No more than that.

Do you realise how patronising you're starting to sound? In nearly every thread here you're talking about how easy the LC is....maybe it was to you, but do you think its helping when theres other people who are worrying about results? Seriously, good for you if you flew through it without studying and are gunna get your 500+ points, but really, tone it down a bit maybe?

As for "no real need to study"?...uh huh. Sure, its not the toughest exam we'll ever do, but at the same time, its not simple. In order to get high points, the majority of people will have to study...and more than 1 hours homework a night, imo. Advising people to relax and avoid stress is good, but advising them not to study? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

:rolleyes: don't you mean did? After doing the leaving cert. it's something you should be getting correct, no? Especially considering how easy it was for you.

As for the rest of you 6th years to be, don't stress now, take this time to chill whilst you can. You needto rest now, it's a very tiring year ahead of you. Try and rest as much as you can, get out and get excercise, go to the cinema, do what you can, you have to seperate your study time from rest time.
    The year itself is ok, the work load can seem a bit much at first. I did have the fall apart scenario in October, thought everything was too much, but it's ok. Just keep up with it as much as you can, keep on top of your homework and that will really benefit you come the mocks.
    The exams are fine, just keep your head down and avoid the worry warts on the first few days. And before you know it the exams will be over. One year from now you will be sitting just as nervously as we are now, thinking that year flew and dreading your impending results! :(
    This is the worst bit. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

take this time to chill whilst you can. You needto rest now, it's a very tiring year ahead of you. Try and rest as much as you can, get out and get excercise, go to the cinema, do what you can, you have to seperate your study time from rest time.

seriously for the last couple of weeks for the holiday REST..Im STILL catching up on sleep from 6th year.just after waking up from a 12 hour sleep..and also..insomnia and exam nightmares are plaguing most at this time so sleep doesnt come that easy either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

ye mate i reckon ill get 400 points easy prob more, its the leaving cert not rocket science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

:rolleyes: don't you mean did? After doing the leaving cert. it's something you should be getting correct, no? Especially considering how easy it was for you.

As for the rest of you 6th years to be, don't stress now, take this time to chill whilst you can. You needto rest now, it's a very tiring year ahead of you. Try and rest as much as you can, get out and get excercise, go to the cinema, do what you can, you have to seperate your study time from rest time.
    The year itself is ok, the work load can seem a bit much at first. I did have the fall apart scenario in October, thought everything was too much, but it's ok. Just keep up with it as much as you can, keep on top of your homework and that will really benefit you come the mocks.
    The exams are fine, just keep your head down and avoid the worry warts on the first few days. And before you know it the exams will be over. One year from now you will be sitting just as nervously as we are now, thinking that year flew and dreading your impending results! :(
    This is the worst bit. . .

Haha yeah your right. Well in fairness I wrote that after a rake of pints so if that was my only mistake then I didn't do too badly.

Ibrahimovic91, your spot on. It's not rocket science. It's the leaving cert.

Ok I'll try to pass on advice without making any reference to how little study should be done.

Genuinely the most important thing is don't stress and don't worry about it at all. Once your finished your homework or whatever don't think about school or study at all. Just don't think about it at all other than the time you spend studying.

Many people get really caught up in how much study they should be doing and how little they have done. Even if you have nothing done in 5th year you can still easily catch up.

Another thing I'd advise you all is to do pass maths unless you are very good at maths or you need it for your college course.

I did honours maths but I'm lucky in that I'm very good at Maths so I didn't need to put much work into it. But I know of some people in my class that did honours and they weren't great at maths and they ended up probably putting as much work into maths as they put into all the rest of their subjects combined.

It's a course that I found to be very easy but several other people struggled with it and I think ultimately they would have been better off doing pass and concentrating on the rest of their subjects.

If you are doing honours Irish make sure to stick with it. It requires very little work if you have a reasonable command of Irish.

That's the best advice I can give you anyway

Advertisement