Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year

Options
  • 23-07-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Who on here is gonna be doing the LC this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Haha, hate to be doing the LC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Fringe infracted

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

im doing the leaving cert dis yr 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Loads of people will randomly start using boards next year looking for advice anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Yaaay...LC 2010

Cant wait !!:D

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

me too, part of me is dreading it and another part says its going to be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I will be and not looking forward to the King Lear question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

Fringe wrote: »
    Haha, hate to be doing the LC!

wow what a fag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I am :( and don't really know what to do after school..
    hope the year goes as slow as possible!!

Ibrahimovic91 take a break

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    Im ok with king Lear but cannot get my head around wuthering heights.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

I am :( and don't really know what to do after school..
    hope the year goes as slow as possible!!

awh sure i still dont and im waiting on my results! It'l all work out one way or another!:)

Once I put the work in I should be OK anyway. 5th year report was alright with a few things to improve on, Namely Chem,Irish,English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

RHJ you have +1'd yourself to an infraction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

the year flies by so fast you sit at the end of it..wondering where the time went!!
    exams etc aside 6th year is one of the best if not the best years in school!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

awh sure i still dont and im waiting on my results! It'l all work out one way or another!:)

Thanks and Good Luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

18ths weekend in, weekend out will keep me sane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

unknown13 wrote: »
    Ah I wouldnt worry about it too much. I thought that I was completely screwed for the Macbeth question this year but it was grand. I found it easier to put to good use the knowledge I had of the play rather than learn in depth analysis of it all. I learned off a feck load of quotes and knew what they meant. Used a good few of em. Just remember, dont summarise the play!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 notnormal

whoever's going to be doing it...ye poor craters!

Sorry, that was scary. The exams themselves are fine, its the year in school that'll be hell. Teachers and students will cause panic. May is the worst. If you can handle stress well, the leaving's no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

im doin it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

notnormal wrote: »
    whoever's going to be doing it...ye poor craters!

Sorry, that was scary. The exams themselves are fine, its the year in school that'll be hell. Teachers and students will cause panic. May is the worst. If you can handle stress well, the leaving's no bother

I didn't think it was that bad. The year was a very good year with lots to do. Definitely the best year out of them all. I wouldn't worry about the entire year. May though is a very very depressing month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

6th year was unreal, it is by far the best year you'll have. Everything changes, teachers seem better, classmates are friendlier it's class. Then it gets even better when you're finished, total sense of freedom, but I'm still discovering how unreal that is!

To sum it all up, it's an intense year both emotionally and in terms of work but you have everything to look forward to.

Good luck to all you guys with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I am.

/tear

Im not worried about it at all exept for maths which im having problems with.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Saul-Good wrote: »
    6th year was unreal, it is by far the best year you'll have. Everything changes, teachers seem better, classmates are friendlier it's class.

Good luck to all you guys with it.

completely agree. you realise that the teachers are actually there to HELP you, contrary to popular belief before 6th year. there can be a great sense of camaraderie between all the classmates as well.

basically, 6th year would be the best year ever, if it wasn't for those dastardly exams at the end of it.

also, as someone else said above, time does fly. don't put off doing anything. if ur considering doing something (study wise), have the discipline to follow through with it.

try to decide what ur putting on ur cao as soon as possible as well. it does help to have a proper target, a real number to aim for. it'll only distract you if your still trying to decide what to put on it right up till July 1st.

thats my two cents. good luck... bring on the 12th of august.

remember, "procrastination is a female dog"

last thing, one year of hard work, could save you from 47 years of mind numbing work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

wow what a fag

It was only a joke take a chill-pill mate:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

sorry from one bohs fan to another :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

sorry from one bohs fan to another :)

Gwan bohs!

Advertisement