Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DARK MIST: DEAD AGAIN! August Bank Holiday Weekend

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

haha - excellent and well played to yourself and the lads last night.
    Great to see ye up this end of the country as always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 merlot71

hay guys, great game last nite. zombies done a killer job, and usa done our best, had gud nite with some gud kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

have to say the best game ive ever played,well done bren the effort you put
    in to it really paid off,and i say i speak for everyone that played,well done.:)
    thanks to every one that played, made a great night,there were some scary moments alright,and the zombies were class,really played the role well...
    great stuff.And stone cold our U.S leader,thrashing out the orders,and taking the fight to the russkies,nice one...:).cheers.

steve

ah steve ur stil alive,
    colin

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭gonesharp

merlot71 wrote: »
    ah steve ur stil alive,
    colin
    sure am,feel like a zombie sitting here:):)

• Advertisement

yeh long nite, will have to get to next one:cool:
    bren and the lads done a brill job, and zombies like lollypops:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BBones

gonesharp wrote: »
    sure am,feel like a zombie sitting here:):)
    Yeah me too. Bloodshot eyes dry mouth aching limbs:eek: Ifound a bite mark this morning.Poked a zombie on the ground and his buddy ambushed me:mad:.
    Must have been one of the ones with some brains left.Or maybe you had some of stone colds sausages:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Stone.cold

BBones wrote: »
    Yeah me too. Bloodshot eyes dry mouth aching limbs:eek: Ifound a bite mark this morning.Poked a zombie on the ground and his buddy ambushed me:mad:.
    Must have been one of the ones with some brains left.Or maybe you had some of stone colds sausages:D
    The sausages were the bits that fell of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭rodney w

have to say what a nite:) the best skirmish ive had so far:D

the missions wer brilliant
    the zombies wer brilliant
    the whole nite was great :)

thanks to bren and everyone who played for a great nite:)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

that was one of the best games ever.

personal highlights:

started off the night by tracking down a wounded soldier for our orders armed only with a glowstick. moving through the trees to charlie with the zombies moaning and screaming i nearly shat myself.

getting pounced by zombies twice in a minute by delta. just when i thought i was healed!!

losing my patrol by the killhouse and accidentally rescuing 2 prisoners (by killing them :P) and then grabbing a downed russian for our own prisoner.

heading to the crypt in a team of three and running into a huge russian patrol and taking a few out while hiding in a mountain of nettles.

belly crawling down the hill and taking out 4 or 5 russians while zombies were trying to hunt me. one actually stood on my hand but didnt see me :)

all in all a savage night. zombies ruled!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭FOY1916

Stone.cold wrote: »
    after attending the first dark mist i said to myself that was so amaing dont ever try to do it again u cant top that night, thankfully i was wrong last night was without a doubt the best night game i have ever attended, heart pounding, all the players top notch, honest & gentlemen. our the side the U.S excellent bunch of players no matter how insane a mission sounded or where they were asked to go the did without question.

Bren as always an excellent host, and as for the story line and preperation that must of went into it. well excellent Mate.

But i saved the best for lads, the Zombies!! you undead mother f**kers you guys deserve the most praise your costumes were amazing but to put yourselfs out there for 6 hrs to be man handled & shot at you guys deserve an oscar for that performance.

to sum it up "Excellent night"

Thanks to all involved

Glad to see everyone had a great nite :D
    Watchin you lads practically sh*ttin yourselves as we came for yous was hilarious :eek:
    Rugby tackling sum lad in the killhouse too was quite funny!
    Have to say being a Zombie isnt as easy as i thought....
    from walkin n screamin like a Zombie to being man-handled
    and dragged to the back of Delta by the U.S.,it defo took its toll on me! :rolleyes:
    All in all one of the best and one of my favourite Night Ops!
    Thanks again to all that attended,hope to infect yous again soon :eek:

Aido

FOY1916 wrote: »
    Watchin you lads practically sh*ttin yourselves as we came for yous was hilarious :eek:
    and dragged to the back of Delta by the U.S.,it defo took its toll on me! :rolleyes:
    Thanks again to all that attended,hope to infect yous again soon :eek:

Aido
    aghhh one of my favorite un-dead guys sorry bout the rough housing mate. but excellent job done by all of you

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

aghhh one of my favorite un-dead guys sorry bout the rough housing mate. but excellent job done by all of you

Saw that, i was coming in behind Aido.
    Would've been funny but for the thoughts of '..and i'm voluntarily walking towards this craziness' coursing through my head.
    Again some brilliant occasions through the night the battle for delta being one of them.
    Great stuff all.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ZeroSignal

Dammit! I really wish I was able to make it! :(

Two questions:
    Any photos or video from the night?
    And when's the next one?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Great night last night.Man the kill house game was like being in a dawn of the dead flic smoke,fire,roaming zombies looking for u.s brains,magic! Hats off Bren another great well run night!Curly gets the medal of Honour for taking a dive and playin a stormer.A great mix of players and oscar winning zombies made for an epic 6 hours of gaming!

I agree the Zombies made the night an unforgettable one for sure and the kill house part of the night is one of my favourite moments from the night it looked just mental with all the action going on there and a bucket load of zombies just roaming through the fires:eek: and as for Curly going for a swim and battling on for the whole event soaked from head to toe.... classic;);)
    after attending the first dark mist i said to myself that was so amaing dont ever try to do it again u cant top that night, thankfully i was wrong last night was without a doubt the best night game i have ever attended, heart pounding, all the players top notch, honest & gentlemen. our the side the U.S excellent bunch of players no matter how insane a mission sounded or where they were asked to go the did without question.

Bren as always an excellent host, and as for the story line and preperation that must of went into it. well excellent Mate.

But i saved the best for lads, the Zombies!! you undead mother f**kers you guys deserve the most praise your costumes were amazing but to put yourselfs out there for 6 hrs to be man handled & shot at you guys deserve an oscar for that performance.

to sum it up "Excellent night"

Thanks to all involved

Stone Cold man that hot dog at 4:30am was f'ing lovely, cheers for that.
    Again I say the Zombies just rocked and scared the living crap out of everyone, I was laughing my head off when you and Chuck came out of the crypt looking white with fear but laughing your head off too... I'll quote what you said to me " I **** myself":P classic...
    gonesharp wrote: »
    have to say the best game ive ever played,well done bren the effort you put
    in to it really paid off,and i say i speak for everyone that played,well done.
    thanks to every one that played, made a great night,there were some scary moments alright,and the zombies were class,really played the role well...
    great stuff.And stone cold our U.S leader,thrashing out the orders,and taking the fight to the russkies,nice one...:).cheers.

steve

I'm glad you loved it Steve, and the craic after the game was brill aswell;):)

You wouldn't believe how man guys fell for that trick: one zombie seemingly dead lying on the ground and one guy goes over for a look and then bam another zombie flying out of the bush and then... nom.. nom.. nom... infected:D
    FOY1916 wrote: »
    Watchin you lads practically sh*ttin yourselves as we came for yous was hilarious
    and dragged to the back of Delta by the U.S.,it defo took its toll on me!
    Thanks again to all that attended,hope to infect yous again soon

Aido

You guys played a stormer... best zombies ever:D Thanks again to the Viper squad for being the main zombies all night... that's right all the main zombies where viper squad members:eek: so you actually got to shoot the Viper Squad without them shooting back at you!!

Thanks again to everybody who played a part in making Dark Mist one of the best night games around.

Bren

I'll quote what you said to me " I **** myself":P classic...

No problem admitting it either mate, what u need there was a camera inside the crypt if you had of seen me and chuck holding that door for dear life it was priceless and when the zombies pulled it off the hinges and came in every horror flic i have ever watched came to life :D but getting to that crypt undetected was so heart pounding the amount of times i taught thats it we caught. i could go on about it all day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

Have to say that Dark Mist was the best craic ever! Put my name down for the next one mate.

The games, or should that be game as it was one none stop adrenalin pumping mission all night long, was awesome.

Getting my first look at the zombies (sadly not the last!) at C Base was scary, some weird thing on the ground that turned out to be an actual person and not the dummy, then getting followed out of through the trees by the zombies with only a glow stick to defend myself was heart thumping.

Best moments of the night for me was the Zombie Hunters rescue mission to the Crypt, unarmed I might add, it was the most exciting sneak-fest I've been on in a good while.
    Having to run up the hill from the delta base while dodging zombies was easy. Crawling through nettles and thistles to dodge another zombie wasn't too bad. Dodging a commie patrol in the tents was down right scary but the lone Russian who walked over to us as we were recovering from the shock of the other six guys missing us and asking if we seen them was priceless! Whoever you were you were seconds from being knifed and beaten to death by the three of us! Then having to make it to the carpark by crawling through bushes and a hedge or two while avoiding commie patrols and the zombies in the safezone was just intense. The three of us piled in a small bush with a flashlight beam stopping mere inches from Stone's face, the crawl around the safe zone and through the Carpark into the crypt, we did it so well the zombies in the carpark didn't even know we were there!
    Shame our intel was bad and there was no scientist there (Bren we had a sinking feeling that was going to happen :p). We had just radioed in that no one was there when the zombies attacked! They ripped the door off its hinges and dragged Stone and myself out and killed us, lucky G had vanished into the rafters during the attack and survived and healed us both.

Have to say Bren you're special games are always amazing and each Dark Mist just brings it to another level. The zombies were amazing, just amazing. The amount of time and effort put into them was just crazy. People say airsoft is about suspension of disbelief, Dark Mist in Fingal is all about suspension of belief - if you don't remind yourself every so often that its just a game and the zombies aren't real you'll have a heart attack!

I can't wait for the next one, did I mention you can put my name down for it? :D

Oh and the zombie meat on the bbq was damn good, and much needed. Thanks to G for hacking them off the zombies we caught earlier in the night.

Once again Bren thanks for the great game all night and keep up the good work. And remember to stick my name down for the next one!

Now I've a sudden urge for brains, BRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Have to say that Dark Mist was the best craic ever! Put my name down for the next one mate.

The games, or should that be game as it was one none stop adrenalin pumping mission all night long, was awesome.

Getting my first look at the zombies (sadly not the last!) at C Base was scary, some weird thing on the ground that turned out to be an actual person and not the dummy, then getting followed out of through the trees by the zombies with only a glow stick to defend myself was heart thumping.

Best moments of the night for me was the Zombie Hunters rescue mission to the Crypt, unarmed I might add, it was the most exciting sneak-fest I've been on in a good while.
    Having to run up the hill from the delta base while dodging zombies was easy. Crawling through nettles and thistles to dodge another zombie wasn't too bad. Dodging a commie patrol in the tents was down right scary but the lone Russian who walked over to us as we were recovering from the shock of the other six guys missing us and asking if we seen them was priceless! Whoever you were you were seconds from being knifed and beaten to death by the three of us! Then having to make it to the carpark by crawling through bushes and a hedge or two while avoiding commie patrols and the zombies in the safezone was just intense. The three of us piled in a small bush with a flashlight beam stopping mere inches from Stone's face, the crawl around the safe zone and through the Carpark into the crypt, we did it so well the zombies in the carpark didn't even know we were there!
    Shame our intel was bad and there was no scientist there (Bren we had a sinking feeling that was going to happen :p). We had just radioed in that no one was there when the zombies attacked! They ripped the door off its hinges and dragged Stone and myself out and killed us, lucky G had vanished into the rafters during the attack and survived and healed us both.

Have to say Bren you're special games are always amazing and each Dark Mist just brings it to another level. The zombies were amazing, just amazing. The amount of time and effort put into them was just crazy. People say airsoft is about suspension of disbelief, Dark Mist in Fingal is all about suspension of belief - if you don't remind yourself every so often that its just a game and the zombies aren't real you'll have a heart attack!

I can't wait for the next one, did I mention you can put my name down for it? :D

Oh and the zombie meat on the bbq was damn good, and much needed. Thanks to G for hacking them off the zombies we caught earlier in the night.

Once again Bren thanks for the great game all night and keep up the good work. And remember to stick my name down for the next one!

Now I've a sudden urge for brains, BRAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys:o:o I'm just so happy that it lived up to the hype and everyone enjoyed it so much, that makes it all worthwhile;);):D

Bren

Website updated with match report and a photo;);)

Bren

Advertisement