Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

Excellent, now we need a decent Alien film to make up for AVP tripe....

snip --- http://www.totalfilm.com/news/alien-5-confirmed-to-be-prequel

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

L31mr0d wrote: »
    if this ever does get the green light, let's hope it's a "back to basics" sequel and not a "bigger means better" sequel

Since they've gone for Predators (as in plural) they probably are going for bigger means better.

Sleazus wrote: »
    It's coming from the guy who directed Vacancy I believe and rumour is that it features a bunch of Colonial Marines landing on a Predator planet.

Sounds like a follow up to AVPR... damnit

A new Predator movie and a New Alien movie both announced. This should be on of teh happiest days of my life, but....

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

Alien 4 type situation with 1 pred on the ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Predator>>>>Alien IMO

Seems like it could be a contest to see who can do the better job of revamping their respective series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sounds like a follow up to AVPR... damnit

In fairness, both Fox and Rodriguez have tried to distance themselves from those movies - which is at least a step in the right direction.

I quite like the idea of a proper "futuristic" Predator film (and no, Predator II doesn't count), and it seems like a simple, effective set-up. None of this "set it in the present so the audience can identify" crap. You know what helps us identify: solid writing and competent direction.

So far, I trust Rodriguez on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

krudler wrote: »
    I wrote a script treatment for a Predator movie set in Iraq once for shyts and giggles, must dig it out

PMSL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

fartmaster wrote: »
    PMSL

yo tambien ...

(me too..)

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sneak pics from the set of the new film, including a few of the merry hunting aliens themselves. Even Stan Winston's original Predator is in the last photo :D

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fhe06buvcr8jc5h3edjl5ttom3&topic=27957.0

Enjoy them while they last.

NEW LINKS: These won't be around forever.

http://www.scificool.com/predators-set-pics-reveal-predators-adrien-brody-and-some-russian-guy/

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NECZsJCG32vUGF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Please be good.... please be good... please be good.

Good find.

Is it just me or do the Preds look a bit small? I mean, their heads (helmets I know) look kinda big. Should have gotten gigantic pin headed body builders to play them.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Is it just me or do the Preds look a bit small? I mean, their heads (helmets I know) look kinda big. Should have gotten gigantic pin headed body builders to play them.

That's what I thought, they look a bit odd but I'm sure there's a good reason for it.

At least they don't look like a bulging medieval mess like AVP. Glad to see the original Predator suit back in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Sneak pics from the set of the new film, including a few of the merry hunting aliens themselves. Even Stan Winston's original Predator is in the last photo :D

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fhe06buvcr8jc5h3edjl5ttom3&topic=27957.0

Enjoy them while they last.
    So what is the deal with this new one? Is it going to be from the same crowd who made the last two?

When I first heard that AVP was being made I thought "great, there is no possible way to **** up such a fantastic combination"

One underground arctic pyramid later I wasn't so sure. Oh yeah and the "Predalien" i.e. Alien with Rasta hat and dreadlocks. What a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Really looking forward to this. I think people are understandably sceptical when new Predator/Alien projects appear, but hopefully Rodriquez and Scott can redeem the respective franchises.

Valmont wrote: »
    So what is the deal with this new one? Is it going to be from the same crowd who made the last two?

When I first heard that AVP was being made I thought "great, there is no possible way to **** up such a fantastic combination"

One underground arctic pyramid later I wasn't so sure. Oh yeah and the "Predalien" i.e. Alien with Rasta hat and dreadlocks. What a farce.

Paul W. Anderson did the first one. The Straus brothers did the second. Rodriguez is doing this and apparently Ridley Scott is doing the Alien prequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's of course too soon to make any judgements on what this movie will be like, but they seem to have captured some vaguely decent actors for it. Hey, it couldn't be any worse than AvP, number 1 or 2.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hey, it couldn't be any worse than AvP, number 1 or 2.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. I only went to see AvP 2 because I thought it couldn't possibly be worse than number 1. I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Any other links to the pictures, 20th centry have gone and nabbed them on that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I hope to god this is good, a decent new Predator movie is long overdue, AVP 1 and 2 are both shyte and should be condemned to be their own little crappy franchise, but theres plenty of room for another good Predator movie

• Advertisement

Heres some pictures from the new "Predators" film that is writen by Robert Rodriguez and is being directed by Nimrod Antal and has Adrian Brody in lead.

Plot

According to an early script review by LatinoReview.com, the plot of the film follows a man named Royce who is abducted by alien creatures known as the Predators. He is released onto the Predators home planet—which acts as a game reserve—along with seven other humans, where they are hunted by creatures known as "Black Super Predators". While battling to survive against these creatures, they also stumble across an American soldier known as Noland who was brought to the planet years ago as game, but has managed to survive by hiding from the Predators in a cave. Noland reveals that the Predators have been hunting humans by dropping them on this planet for many years. A cameo appearance is also written in the script for Arnold Schwarzenegger's character Dutch from the first film, although his involvement has yet to be confirmed.

111305.png
    111301.jpg111300.jpg111299.jpg111294.jpg
    111292.jpg111291.jpg111304.jpg111303.jpg
    111298.jpg111297.jpg111296.jpg111295.jpg
    111293.jpg111302.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

...and is being directed by Nimrod...

Off to a bad start already!:P

The premise of that movie is fantastic and with a decent actor like Adrien Brody on board I'm feeling confident about this one.

Valmont wrote: »
    The premise of that movie is fantastic and with a decent actor like Adrien Brody on board I'm feeling confident about this one.

Full caste
    • Adrien Brody as Royce
    • Topher Grace as Edwin
    • Danny Trejo as Cuchillo
    • Alice Braga as Isabelle
    • Mahershalalhashbaz Ali as Mombasa
    • Oleg Taktarov as Nikolai
    • Walton Goggins as Stans
    • Louis Ozawa Changchien as Hanzo
    • Laurence Fishburne as Noland
    • Brian Steele as Predator
    • Derek Mearsas Predator
    • Carey Jones as Predator

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mahershalalhashbaz Ali as Mombasa
    Thats some 1st name :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Good cast really. Hope Rodriguez got the director right. Isn't Nimrod the guy who directed Vacancy with Owen Wilson and Kate Beckinsale?

And yeah that really is some first name. He was in the 4400 if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Walton goggins, I love it already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Think the Arnie Cameo sounds really dodgy.

handshake.jpg

Nothing will ever match the awesome-ness of this :D

I could be wrong but I think that script was dismissed as fake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 somuj_2

The best script for a new Predator film is one that I dreamt many many moons ago.

The predators come to earth to recruit(kidnap) the best warriors on the planet as they are on the verge of being defeated by some outlandish foe

Advertisement