Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I agree,

At least AVP2 can be forgotten about now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Hope they don't go with the storyline mentioned ... that sounds pretty horrible. A Predator version of the Running Man.

They should just go back to basics, 1 Predator, a group of targets/prey, the hottest day of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If they do go with a reboot ala Rodriguez's script in the 90s who do you all think could take up Arnie's mantel as Dutch. Would you prefer a like for like casting or would rather see a smaller more sleaker Dutch (but obviously still well toned and chiselled)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

There was also a script floating around (I think by RR) and it was set in 1600's I think...read some of it online, sounded awesome. Not sure it would translate to the screen though taking everything into account.

I hope it's not a no holds barred action movie. Having said that, something similar to the original wouldn't work either as it's hardly a mystery as to what would be stalking the soldiers. I'm interested to see what develops. I'll remain skeptical for now though. That script mentioned in the arcticle sounds pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Taken from slashfilms.com

Neil Marshall is close to signing on the dotted line to direct Predators for 20th Century Fox, according to Bloody Disgusting, who obviously have sources close to this production.

Marshall broke onto the scene with Dog Soldiers, but the horror film The Descent gained him more mainstream attention a couple years back. His follow-up last year, Doomsday, was a critical and financial disaster, but his new movie Centurion seems a bit more focused. Still, I’m not sure about the choice. I’m sure we’ll get a confirmation or denial real soon from AICN, as they have a direct line to Robert Rodriguez, who is producing the film at Troublemaker Studios.

Written by Alex Litvak, and based loosely on a treatment from years past penned by Rodrigeuz, the reboot is expected to expand on the universe of “both the Predators and other species live in.” Rodriguez has also said that he wants to “feel free to walk to the Predators soundstage, pick up a camera and co-shoot the coolest scenes,” but I really wonder if a filmmaker like Marshall would be comfortable with that kind of producer collaboration.

Personally I’d like to see Rodrigeuz direct this himself. Marshall? After 'Doomsday'.. I dunno!

Better yet, bring back John McTiernan!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ya Doomsday was dung.Havnt seen Dog Soldiers but I think the Descent is terribly over rated.

Rodriguez would be my pick too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oddly enough, I didn't hate Doomsday. As a throw-back to the likes of Escape From New York and Mad Max, I thought it worked well. A thorough B-Movie.

That said, it would still be because of his other work that I'd consider him a talented director.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I never got around to seeing Doomsday, but I really liked both Dog Soldiers and The Descent. I'd be happy with this. Even better that it is sounding less and less like a remake like originally thought, and more like another sequel. Predator simply doesn't need to be remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He could be a good choice. I love Dog Soldiers, and enjoyed the Descent. Doomsday could have been better, but was still a film that got a repeat viewing from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Ya Doomsday was dung.Havnt seen Dog Soldiers but I think the Descent is terribly over rated.

Rodriguez would be my pick too.
    Eh, The Descent was bleedin rappih!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I don't think anyone will ever be able to top Predator (imo the best action film ever made) but I would like to see someone have an attempt at a decent sequel. Predator 2 is fun and all, but it can stand up to the original and the AVP's were muck.

I think if it's at all possible they've got to get Arnie for a proper cameo in this one and please not too much CGI, just guys in the jungle and lots of blood, shooting and explosions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Its not confirmed about Marshall at all, he's just one of many that are being interviewed for the job.Full story is here

PREDATORS director choice isn't near cut and dried!
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41399

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Great ... hopefully the AVP franchise will be stamped out ...

now if we could just get Ridley Scott and James Cameron involved in an Alien
    prequel ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

I really enjoyed Dog Soldiers and thought it was much better then the descent. as for Doomsday i haven't seen it but doesn't look terribly great. was it the direction or the premise of the film that was bad though? the grindhouse outings weren't great either so Rodriguez isn't completely off the hook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

jackdaw wrote: »
    Great ... hopefully the AVP franchise will be stamped out ...
    The AVP franchise would have been kickass if they had stuck to the source material which dropped the Colonial Marines (of James Cameron's "Aliens") bang in the middle of the two alien species. I can't understand why the hell they insisted on present day Antarctica and present day Hicksville USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

KerranJast wrote: »
    The AVP franchise would have been kickass if they had stuck to the source material which dropped the Colonial Marines (of James Cameron's "Aliens") bang in the middle of the two alien species. I can't understand why the hell they insisted on present day Antarctica and present day Hicksville USA.

Same as Transformers, marketing reasons ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I love Dog Soldiers and The Descent

But after seeing Doomsday, i think JimHopper would do a better job than Neil Marshall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Yep, Doomsday was bad... and what's worse is it seems to have been the biggest budget he's had to work with - which is why I'd be a bit uneasy with giving him something as big as the Predator franchise to play with. Send him back to play with medium-to-low-budget films for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Dog Soldiers and The Descent were very good films I thought.

I think Marshall is a good choice to direct this film, I wont be getting too worried about it until they announce McG is attached :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

KerranJast wrote: »

That would have been an excellent film.. I was dying to see AVP when it came out and it was just awful.. I agree that Neil should be left with a small budget, The Descent was excellent as was Dog Soliders - in fairness I haven't seen Doomsday - but the clips were enough to put me off..

And just while we are on the subject can anyone explain how they managed to make Alien 3? i.e. where did the egg come from that attacked Newt and Hicks??, the ship was in space the whole time (as Bishop had to remote control a transport ship down to get to it).. did the Queen have it tucked under her arm or in her bag or what?!!.. sorry if a) this is not the correct thread for this or b) if this has been discussed before.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

trustno1 wrote: »
    And just while we are on the subject can anyone explain how they managed to make Alien 3? i.e. where did the egg come from that attacked Newt and Hicks??, the ship was in space the whole time (as Bishop had to remote control a transport ship down to get to it).. did the Queen have it tucked under her arm or in her bag or what?!!.. sorry if a) this is not the correct thread for this or b) if this has been discussed before.. ;)

I think there was one or 2 face huggers on the ship. Not eggs. I could be wrong though, its years since I watched it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Been confirmed that it is in fact Nimrod Antal directing.

From Robert Rodriguez:
    "I can't go too much into the story right now, because we're still writing. But it still involves a very intense group of people stranded on a Predator planet discovering unspeakable horrors (that are not always from outside their group). So like the original movie, the title does have a double meaning."

As for choosing Nimród Antal, Rodriguez explains what is was that convinced him. "When I saw Armored, I could tell he's also great with action and has a keen eye for casting. He reminded me of Quentin [Tarantino] with how he was able to work with a group of very strong, singular actor talents and make it look effortless. I know he'll be able to get the most out of what we want to be an outstanding cast. We really want to go with a character driven action movie, because that's what we all remember about the original Predator, and we want to take it even further with this."

Story taken from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

er so who is he anyone see kontrol?

GetToTheChoppa.jpg

:)

Don't know Antal at all so I'll remain quietly optimistic ... can't be worse than AVPR:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭chezzer

Seems there could be a new Predator movie that doesn't have the AVP crap involved ...

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1372

I don't know how reliable this is ....

anyone else hear anything ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

without clicking on the link i heard that robert rodreguez (excuse spelling) is to be involved in some way. I'd be delighted, no preditor film has been any good since the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

If you do a quick search of this forum Im pretty sure there was some discussion about this a wee while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wrote a script treatment for a Predator movie set in Iraq once for shyts and giggles, must dig it out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

if this ever does get the green light, let's hope it's a "back to basics" sequel and not a "bigger means better" sequel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

It's coming from the guy who directed Vacancy I believe and rumour is that it features a bunch of Colonial Marines landing on a Predator planet.

Could be so good, but could be so bad. It's due out next year, July, I think, but the script wasn't finished last I heard.

Advertisement