Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I feel like after the two angles they've put in the last few days that Jericho vs Omega is going to be the gritty match that Owens vs Jericho should have been at Mania. Haven't gotten a chance to keep up with NJPW the last few months as much as I'd like to due to college work over taking my life but i am very excited to watch Wrestle Kingdom. Consistently been the best wrestling show of the year for me for the last 3 or so years.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

On the the NJPW World website it states this

"The subscription period shall end on the last day of the month of when payment was made (in Japan Standard Time), regardless of the day.

For example:
    Payment date:
    Dec. 1 → Subscription period ends Dec. 31 (Japan Standard Time)
    Dec. 15 → Subscription period ends Dec. 31 (Japan Standard Time)
    Dec. 31 → Subscription period ends Dec. 31 (Japan Standard Time)"

Does this mean if I was to subscribe tomorrow I'd have to pay a fee tomorrow and then another fee on the 1st of January?

I want to get it in for WK 12 but want to watch some classic matches so said I'd get it in now but if I'm reading the FAQ right I'd be better off waiting till the 1st of January to get a full month of access?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

On the the NJPW World website it states this

"The subscription period shall end on the last day of the month of when payment was made (in Japan Standard Time), regardless of the day.

For example:
    Payment date:
    Dec. 1 → Subscription period ends Dec. 31 (Japan Standard Time)
    Dec. 15 → Subscription period ends Dec. 31 (Japan Standard Time)
    Dec. 31 → Subscription period ends Dec. 31 (Japan Standard Time)"

Does this mean if I was to subscribe tomorrow I'd have to pay a fee tomorrow and then another fee on the 1st of January?

I want to get it in for WK 12 but want to watch some classic matches so said I'd get it in now but if I'm reading the FAQ right I'd be better off waiting till the 1st of January to get a full month of access?

Thanks

You'd be better off waiting until January 1st 2018. If I've been reading the comments on thread over on Squared Circle properly, ALL Japanese streaming services always bill on the first of every month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's a really strange system, though I guess if everything else uses it there, makes sense for NJPW to do it that way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/940583416600203264

Its borderline carny but I love this picture

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's good stuff. HHH would tweeted a picture of himself working out in perfect health by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

My Bullet Club umbrella got here yesterday from the girlfriend and my God if it isn't the coolest thing ever! The trigger on the gun part makes it open :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The Omega/Jericho IWGP United States Championship match will now be contested as a
    No Disqualification

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

sky88 wrote:
    not sure about this look

He looks like he should be serving hotpots behind the bar at the Rovers Return in Coronation Street with that hair cut!

I feel like theres more to this Omega/Jericho angle the closer we get, as if theres going to be a turn or a new Bullet Club leader or something. Traditionally speaking, change in leadership occurs at that time of the year if it does happen. Then again maybe nothing could happen, the fact I'm even guessing is a sign of a good story!

• Advertisement

Ive thought for a while the bucks will turn on Kenny with cody as the leader the bullet club for a while but jericho would be a much better idea if they go along a new leader route

sky88 wrote: »
    Ive thought for a while the bucks will turn on Kenny with cody as the leader the bullet club for a while but jericho would be a much better idea if they go along a new leader route

That would be unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

sky88 wrote: »

Be a bit silly considering the merchandise money he would lose out on id imagine.

Wrestle Kingdom 12, 40 minute preview show was released on the New Japan Pro Wrestling channel. Featuring a break-down of all the matches. Time stamps below the video if anyone wants to jump.

Never Openweight 6-Man Tag Championship (Gauntlet Match): 2:30

IWGP Tag Championship - Killer Elite Squad vs Los Igobernables de Japon: 4:10

Special Singles - Cody vs Ibushi: 7:05

IWGP Jr Tag Championship - The Young Bucks vs Roppongi 3K: 10:53

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - Marty Scurll vs Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay: 16:10

Never Openweight Championship (Hair Match, No Interference) - Minoru Suzuki vs Hirooki Goto: 17:48

IWGP Intercontinental Championship - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs The Switchblade: 21:38

IWGP US Championship (No Disqualification) - Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho: 26:56

IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito: 31:45

Subscribed today to get a full month out of it.

I was charged E7.78 for anyone wondering the conversion from yen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Subscribed today to get a full month out of it.

I was charged E7.78 for anyone wondering the conversion from yen.

They've some good events after Wrestle Kingdom, New Year's Dash (their equivalent of the night after Wrestlemania)

Full schedule on the link.

https://www.njpw1972.com/schedule/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'll also post this (again) for the benefit of anyone who has signed up to NJPW world for the Tokyo show:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0

It's a list of classic matches which you now have access to, dating back as far as Inoki's matches in the 70s, right up to the modern classics with Tanahashi, AJ, Okada, Omega, etc., and everything in between.

Each match has a clickable link to the video on the NJPW player, so you could get lost in it for days.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

A few predictions to try and get some conversation going heading into this

Never Openweight 6-Man Tag Championship (Gauntlet Match)

This will be a mess but a fun mess. I'm gonna say Fale & GOD retain.

IWGP Tag Championship - Killer Elite Squad vs Los Igobernables de Japon

The LIJ duo are absolute locks for this IMO. KES have been champs before and faced everyone whereas Sanada & EVIL are a hot act and are the perfect guys to build the tag division around for the first half of the year.

Special Singles - Cody vs Ibushi

I really hope Ibushi wins here and I am 85% sure he will but Cody rarely loses and Kota is liable to just disappear at anytime so there is a definite chance that Cody gets the W here.

IWGP Jr Tag Championship - The Young Bucks vs Roppongi 3K

This could be great and should be a brilliant way to showcase R3K against The Bucks and this will be the working Bucks not the Elite BS Bucks. Will be shocked if this isn't a great match.

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - Marty Scurll vs Hiromu Takahashi vs KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay

3 great juniors and Scurll means this should be a fantastic match but I would much rather if it was just Hiromu vs Ospreay for the title. Anyway, Hiromu to win and regain the title he should never have lost.

Never Openweight Championship (Hair Match, No Interference) - Minoru Suzuki vs Hirooki Goto

Goto to win and Shibata to come out and hug his old pal in a true Wrestle Kingdom moment

IWGP Intercontinental Championship - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White

White to win and another new star to be launched under Gedo's careful watch.

IWGP US Championship (No Disqualification) - Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho

I don't know why but I think Jericho wins. Probably outside interference galore and a very WWE Attitude Era style match with I think Cody helping Jericho win.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Kazuchika Okada vs Tetsuya Naito

It is absolutely Naito's time and I have no doubt he is winning and Okada's legendary reign is ending this match is going to be epic. They are going to make me and everyone else believe Okada is going to win at some point. So hyped to see this match.

TNA once had the headliners of Wrestle Kingdom 12 on their books in 2009 & 2010/11 respectively.

Im really not feeling this new switchblade character for jay white hes an unbelievable talent but just that feels a waste for him.

I think jericho 100% wins as i think hell wrestle at long beach. Do think cody will cost kenny.

Naito has got to win the fans want it and i think its time for okada to drop the title.

As much as i dont want it cody beats ibushi

Bucks/rappagoni
    Im not sure how this goes i just hope it doesnt turn into a yb spotfest and the bucks remember there great tag teams

Kes/lij has to be lij i think kes are terrible wrestlers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

what time is it on at ?? (Irish time)

PTH2009 wrote: »
    what time is it on at ?? (Irish time)

8am Irish time

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    8am Irish time

Thursday or Friday morning

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Thursday or Friday morning

Thursday morning.

Just watching some matches from the 80's on NJPW World.

Never knew Hogan had technical matches like that in him!!

*EDIT* don't want to annoy people talking about old matches especially with the big event coming up this week. If I'd be better off setting up a NJPW World thread like the WWE network thread just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

• Advertisement

Think it starts at 7am actually

Advertisement