Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, what you playing at the mo? Retro Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,443 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Would be just my luck for Nintendo to release a HD remaster just as I finally complete it :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be pretty sure Nintendo will release a HD trilogy to drum up excitement for 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭Inviere

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd be pretty sure Nintendo will release a HD trilogy to drum up excitement for 4.

Is it not all but confirmed the Switch port of Trilogy is done and dusted?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Inviere wrote: »
    Is it not all but confirmed the Switch port of Trilogy is done and dusted?

No mention of a port at all but this is Nintendo. They could hold a direct and say the trilogy will be out in a month.

No mention of a port at all but this is Nintendo. They could hold a direct and say the trilogy will be out in a month.

It's only rumour, so take it with some salt, but - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/rumour_metroid_prime_trilogy_for_nintendo_switch_is_ready_to_be_released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Or else they'll sit on a potential goldmine of a conversion and let it wallow in obscurity for a decade or so. Ninty make some funny decisions sometimes :D

xckjoo wrote: »
    Or else they'll sit on a potential goldmine of a conversion and let it wallow in obscurity for a decade or so. Ninty make some funny decisions sometimes :D

If the rumours are true, I'd say they'll time it to appear ahead of Prime 4, whenever that may be.

Yeah it was probably ready for the Prime 4 release which has been delayed.

Master of the Universe

Would make sense to release it now so people can spend some time playing through the first few games in anticipation of 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Maybe they could be nice and stick Samus Returns on there as well!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Maybe they could be nice and stick Samus Returns on there as well!

Have you played the 3DS remake? Been on my to buy list for ages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you played the 3DS remake? Been on my to buy list for ages.

Picked it up recently, it's looks the part but I'm finding it a but odd on the 3DS, I'd be far happier with an upscaled version on the Switch

It's decent enough but the reliance on the counter attack gets stale well before the end. Enemies are total damage sponges meaning the counter attack is the only viable attack.

Must play more AMR. What little I played of it was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Played a bit of Wipeout VR, really cool free update. I could see myself getting really immersed looking at the track ahead. Need to get back into it, very fun game and a good challenge too.

Started and finished Silent Hill 2 last week using the Enhanced Edition mod for the PC.
    Start to finish loved the game, loved the little bit of lore I was able to find around and the backstories of the secondary characters had me very interested.
    A week on and I find myself still thinking about the game and the world it created, something that rarely happens to me, especially when visiting older titles I missed first time around. I must get in a second playthrough after Dragon Quest 11.
    Highly recommend Silent Hill 2 if you haven't played it before

It really is an incredible game and one of the few I'd consider art.

It really is an incredible game and one of the few I'd consider art.

Getting the torch...
    Scared the fupping sh1te out of me ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Finally getting around to The Last Guardian and I must say I'm quite impressed. Not running into any issues with the AI not doing what it should. Preferred Ico to SotC so this sort of blend of the two is a pleasant surprise. The environments and animation are fab.

Started and finished Silent Hill 2 last week using the Enhanced Edition mod for the PC.
    Start to finish loved the game, loved the little bit of lore I was able to find around and the backstories of the secondary characters had me very interested.
    A week on and I find myself still thinking about the game and the world it created, something that rarely happens to me, especially when visiting older titles I missed first time around. I must get in a second playthrough after Dragon Quest 11.
    Highly recommend Silent Hill 2 if you haven't played it before

I've honestly never finished it without a walkthrough at some point. The Silent Hill games look pretty good with 1080p and wide-screen mods.

Is there anything else in the mod other than resolution? I must give it a proper playthrough soon, give all the riddles a proper attempt etc.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I've honestly never finished it without a walkthrough at some point. The Silent Hill games look pretty good with 1080p and wide-screen mods.

Is there anything else in the mod other than resolution? I must give it a proper playthrough soon, give all the riddles a proper attempt etc.

Most of the mod seems to aimed at bringing the pc version up to the standard of the ps2 version with some of the xbox improvements as well so outside of higher resolutions and widescreen, there's not a whole lot more you wouldn't see on the consoles. It seems to get updated with some regularity so there could be more added down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Hi there, doe's anyone remember an arcade game, where you had a shield which comes out of a chain.
    You'd use the shield as a weapon.

Hopefully I'll add it to my collection on my Huawei p20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Rygar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Rygar
    Yup - was just about to say Rygar:

Always found the NES version better. The arcade one is fun but gets very samey fast.

Thanks guy's much appreciated

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Yup - was just about to say Rygar:

Does anyone know how I can or where I can download it, I've an android phone ?

Master of the Universe

Any of you guys playing much Tetris 99 on the Switch?

Started sinking some time into it last night. Managed to get down to the last 10 and almost had a heart attack from adrenaline - at that stage there was zero skill and it was just me freaking out trying to juggle pieces at the top of the screen as long as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

Started sinking some time into it last night. Managed to get down to the last 10 and almost had a heart attack from adrenaline - at that stage there was zero skill and it was just me freaking out trying to juggle pieces at the top of the screen as long as possible.

Im bloody addicted to it ! and still havent managed to win ....a lot from my own mistakes.

highest is 3rd loads of times and in the top 10 a good bit.. i just cant get the win...some have been short battles others long where i lose ultimately i think not embracing tspins is my down fall ....well thats what i have convinced myself of anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's about where I top out at. Had a 3rd placed finish once but haven't got past that yet.

I have noticed that playing without sound helps me do better though. The way the music ramps up with more and more players going out made it too tense for me.

• Advertisement

I would be playing Silent Hill 2 on PC but having some trouble with all the Enhanced Edition mods...

Edit: Seems to work now, but it's too late to start. Need to map the Xbox controls also. Gonna try do a walkthrough free playthrough for the first time ever.

Advertisement