Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tito"came to amends" with Dana, possible Franklin showdown at UFC 103

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Fromvert wrote: »
    Florian is one of my favourite fighters but I really think BJ will run through him and get the stoppage.

BJ Penn at Lightweight is the real BJ Penn and someone will need to do something really special to de-throne him. Florian's improvement has been immense and I like the guy, I see Florian throwing a lot of leg kicks in this one. Sanchez will await the winner I'd say and his intensity makes for great fights

Its gonna be a great fight anyway, Penn by submission late in the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

I don't see the UFCs thinking behind Hendo-Franklin 2 it doesn't make sense.
    Franklin is at LH, Hendo is no.1 contender (I think) at MW.:confused:
    Why not have Hando fight Silva later on in the year and have Franklin fight someone at LH so he can work his way up the rankings?

Has Cro Cop signed with the UFC so?

ollieo wrote: »
    I don't see the UFCs thinking behind Hendo-Franklin 2 it doesn't make sense.
    Franklin is at LH, Hendo is no.1 contender (I think) at MW.:confused:
    Why not have Hando fight Silva later on in the year and have Franklin fight someone at LH so he can work his way up the rankings?

Has Cro Cop signed with the UFC so?

He's fighting Junior Dos Santos at UFC 103

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Apparently on Dana White's twitter thing he has welcomed back Tito. I guess it is nearly official now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Yep it's looking like he's back and I'm ****in delighted.:D

Has anyone else seen that the UFC has pulled the Franklin-Hendo fight off their website? Franklin has even commented on it in his Twitter. If true I think Tito Main Event UFC 103 could be back on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

JokerD wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen that the UFC has pulled the Franklin-Hendo fight off their website? Franklin has even commented on it in his Twitter. If true I think Tito Main Event UFC 103 could be back on

http://uk.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=2278&1=1

that's a great spot mate, not listed in the fight card now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tito already refused to fight in September because he's not ready

Dana did speak about a backlash that they've got after announcing Franklin vs Henderson and he hinted at some sort of change

I read this elsewhere and I'd agree with it, that if they're changing it because of backlash then it's the wrong thing to do but if they're changing it because of a better alternative (Affliction fighters being available) then it's fine

If they were to double guess every fight they book because of backlash they'd be rebooking a lot. And Brock wouldn't be champ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Could be hendo belfort to decide number 1 contender. After all the talk bout belfort comin over I think it would make sense. Probably just me though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Fozzy wrote: »
    Tito already refused to fight in September because he's not ready

Dana did speak about a backlash that they've got after announcing Franklin vs Henderson and he hinted at some sort of change

I read this elsewhere and I'd agree with it, that if they're changing it because of backlash then it's the wrong thing to do but if they're changing it because of a better alternative (Affliction fighters being available) then it's fine

If they were to double guess every fight they book because of backlash they'd be rebooking a lot. And Brock wouldn't be champ :pac:
    Say what we want about brock, everyone here knows he sells ppv's, Hendo and franklin I imagine would not be that successful a buy rate

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy83

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_107

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
    Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo
    Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman

Wow...

Interesting to say the least if it is indeed true about Tito's return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Not sure how trust worthy that is. It has emile hesky vs brad friedle on the under card. Both footballers in the premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Not sure how trust worthy that is. It has emile hesky vs brad friedle on the under card. Both footballers in the premiership.

LOL. Gotta love wikipedia..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Heskey to win, KO by mule kick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Coleman would want to have his cardio in shape by then.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

A lot of people are talking about a Tito v Franklin match, which would be good. But I would love to see Tito and Hendo fight, I think that would be a big draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Coleman would want to have his cardio in shape by then.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Jeez, I just checked Ortiz's record cause I couldn't remember the last time he fought.

He's only had 2 fights since 2006, a draw and a loss. Has he still got it like or will he just do a comeback fight , get some money and be crap and then no one bothers with him ? I hate big money fights that are crap tbh.

Also, I didn't know UFC fights could end in a draw. Well , at least not the UFC of today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dkdavey67

:D Hesky wouldn't kick snow off a rope let alone kick a moveing man in an octogon. Even if Brad Friedal is the Coleman of the soccer world!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Whoa!! Whats with all the Coleman hate? The guys a stud!

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Killme00 wrote: »
    ?

I'd say he's referring to the Shogun fight. Shogun wasn't much better in fairness though :)

How did he look against Bonnar? I haven't seen it yet. He won the decision in the end so his cardio must have been alright in that one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

He didnt really do much in the Bonnar fight. He got on top and just laid there for the majority of it. His shots at the end of it was pretty pathetic too, it was like slow motion

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Also, I didn't know UFC fights could end in a draw. Well , at least not the UFC of today.
    Very easily.Tito won 2 rounds to rashads 1 so 29-28 but Tito got a point taken off for grabbing the fence so 28-28.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Jeez, I just checked Ortiz's record cause I couldn't remember the last time he fought.

He's only had 2 fights since 2006, a draw and a loss. Has he still got it like or will he just do a comeback fight , get some money and be crap and then no one bothers with him ? I hate big money fights that are crap tbh.

Ortiz has had a broken back since his loss to Couture, no wonder he could not fight as often as he'd like. He has had back surgery, paid for by himself. Dana refused for the UFC to pay it even though it happened in one of their events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 robgordon

I'd like to see a Forrest Griffin rematch.

Me too.

I think Franklyn will finish Tito if this does go ahead.

Sammy83 wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_107

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
    Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Cheick Kongo
    Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman

Wow...

Interesting to say the least if it is indeed true about Tito's return

Mir vs Kongo is an odd one. I didn't see that one coming. Really looking forward to Jackson vs Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

robgordon wrote: »
    Me too.

I think Franklyn will finish Tito if this does go ahead.
    Not with Titos head :pac:

Not with Titos head :pac:

Fair point

Has anyone read Tito's book? I read it on a plane ride back from the states. Only MMA biography i've read, and he doesn't come across well AT ALL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

robgordon wrote: »
    Fair point

Has anyone read Tito's book? I read it on a plane ride back from the states. Only MMA biography i've read, and he doesn't come across well AT ALL.

I actually think he came across quite well. Read Matt Hughes' one as well and he came across as a complete d^ck IMO.

Advertisement