Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Panel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

grimm2005 wrote: »
    i only started watching the panel post-dara o briain which is unfortunate i guess because i have nothing but bad memories of the show and eventually stopped watching it cos i never got a laugh. I think the english panel shows are far far better

Too many of them at the moment, and Dara's Mock the Week happens to be the worst one.

More writers, different comedians each week and more money is required for The Panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Elmo wrote: »
    Too many of them at the moment, and Dara's Mock the Week happens to be the worst one.

I would say Never mind the Buzzcocks beats Mock the Week for the worst panel show. The best which I have only recently been introduced to, is the weird and wonderful QI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't care tbh, the Panel really has been sh*t since Dara left. Agreed with pretty much all the points made so far. It's just sh*te now, let it die. And don't ever let a woman back on the show, unless they're topless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I only "properly" started watching TP during the most recent series and found it brilliant. I have seen videos from other series' of it and they seem good.

I don't think it's changed a whole lot from when Dara was a regular on it though.

It's irritates me though when they have women on it who are only there so sit there, show some cleavage and smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 aoifeosull

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    I

It's irritates me though when they have women on it who are only there so sit there, show some cleavage and smile.

I Know!!! Its really annoying. It's like the guys are the 'funny' ones and the girls are there just to be pretty and have boobs. Are elad threatened by funny girls?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

aoifeosull wrote: »
    I Know!!! Its really annoying. It's like the guys are the 'funny' ones and the girls are there just to be pretty and have boobs. Are elad threatened by funny girls?
    Personally, if I was one of those girls and RTE paid me to go on a show and contribute sod all, I'd turn them down. I'd rather not make a fool of myself in the public eye.

I have no idea what "elad" is, sorry!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

aoifeosull wrote: »

Dunno. I'll tellya when I see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think it is funny that the Girls on boards just view the woman as there to show their cleavage, while the lads want the girls on the panel to go topless.

It seems to me that the Panel have got it just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Elmo wrote: »
    I think it is funny that the Girls on boards just view the woman as there to show their cleavage, while the lads want the girls on the panel to go topless.

It seems to me that the Panel have got it just right.
    While I would never argue against gratuitous cleavage on TV (MOAR!!!!) I wouldn't mind if they actually put some genuinely funny people on it. Pauline McGlynn was good when she was on as was Maeve Higgins. Doubt you could find that many funny female comedians in Ireland though tbh.

Advertisement