Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Panel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

** awaits "It hasn't been good since Dara left!" ** post

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

basquille wrote: »

never the same since dara left

:D

seriously though, i do enjoy it, gives me a good laugh most times its on

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Meh. Hasn't been great really since "HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED" left it. I'll only give it a glance if Maxwell is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

basquille wrote: »

Love this show

but not as good without Dara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

i just like when the girl from rose of tralee is on and andrew maxwell is funny. it was great back a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I heard that Rodge and Podge where getting new vehicle which seemed likely to be a Quiz-com. I don't think they will get the Panel.

Lets hope RTÉ move it back to RTÉ TWO and are a little more helpful to the show.

I think they should have let it die. All good things must come to and end.

But then I would like to see Blizzard of Odd return.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

once it moved to rté 1, it got brutal. had always enjoyed the panel before that apart from the guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It says that RTÉ can't afford Craig Doyle to host the show, wow.

creggy wrote: »

Yeah! not a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Panel is coming back?

home-alone.jpg

Nooooooooooo!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

blizzard of odd would be better then the panel alright.
    andrew maxwell does need to be taken out and shot tho. or overdose on cocaine. reckon the latter has more of a chance of succeeding tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

I don't really like dara... (waits for the rotten tomatoes and ****...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Mairead Farrell why oh god why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Graig Doyle is smarmiest of gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I know. She's not funny and it's not as if she has anything interesting to say either
    Jazzy wrote: »
    blizzard of odd would be better then the panel alright.
    andrew maxwell does need to be taken out and shot tho. or overdose on cocaine. reckon the latter has more of a chance of succeeding tho

:pac:

but yeah it was crap after dara left, still watchable though. but then when it moved to rte1, just crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

*Delamare hasn't been funny since 2007

*Colin Murphy just a scapegoat for the ''Northern Ireland'' gags

*Andrew Maxwell is hit and miss

*Mairead Farrell is there so they can get D'Arcy to host sometimes

*Not enough Jimmy Carr

All these points are the main problems with The Panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Because she's a bit of eye-candy (or at least she was before she popped out that sprog).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Eh what? Neil Delamare was never funny and never will be, he reminds me of the stereotypical annoying cousin that everybody seems to have. Also his face makes me want to punch him :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

Because she's a bit of eye-candy (or at least she was before she popped out that sprog).

but she isn't. and she not funny, neither is the other token woman

At least Fiona Looney didn't appear last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

but she isn't. and she not funny, neither is the other token woman

I think the idea is to create contrast. If the producers put some unfunny woman on the show then the four 'comedians' will seem even more hilarious by comparison. Pity it doesn't work tho seeing as the panel is usually composed entirely of smug talentless gob****es.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Agreed.

They should get rid of Mairead, Grainne (cos she probably will be on at some point) and Aoibhinn Ni Shuilleabhain needs to go as well. As far I can see the women are only there to sit, smile and show some chest, nothing else.

*Colin Murphy just a scapegoat for the ''Northern Ireland'' gags

*Andrew Maxwell is hit and miss
    Neil and Colin are funny, imo anway.

Agreed about Andrew though, it really is hit and miss with him sometimes. Although, I get irrated when he starts ranting.
    Eh what? Neil Delamare was never funny and never will be, he reminds me of the stereotypical annoying cousin that everybody seems to have. Also his face makes me want to punch him :mad::mad::mad:
    Whats wrong with his face?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

It has become average but it's cheap to make and an average episode of "The Panel" is better than 90% of the other "entertainment" that RTE makes. They do need to find a permanent straight host of the show though and keep the comedians to do what they do and to prevent godawful hosts like Charlie Bird from having a crack. Yer man Aidan Power (the guy from The Cafe thing on RTE2) would be decent enough IMO. They could always recruit someone cheap from the radio division.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

KerranJast wrote: »
    It has become average but it's cheap to make and an average episode of "The Panel" is better than 90% of the other "entertainment" that RTE makes. They do need to find a permanent straight host of the show though and keep the comedians to do what they do and to prevent godawful hosts like Charlie Bird from having a crack. Yer man Aidan Power (the guy from The Cafe thing on RTE2) would be decent enough IMO. They could always recruit someone cheap from the radio division.

As long as it's not Colm and Jim Jim.

I though Will Leahy was good! I wait the backlash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

They could always recruit someone cheap from the radio division.

They tried that with Ray Darcy, he was rubbish.

TheManWho wrote: »
    They tried that with Ray Darcy, he was rubbish.

He isn't RTÉ Radio.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

The panel doesnt work. The concept for these type of shows is that they are funny, which the panel isnt. As far as I can remember there are 3 women "comedians" who regularly frequent the show, yer one from D'arcys show in the morning, Fiona Looney and some Aoife rose of Tralee one, NONE of which are funny or even have an amusing anecdote to contribute to the show... I cant even be arsed going into the other "comedians", this doesnt even warrant a rant, Im sorry I started typing.

Die.

FearDark wrote: »
    The panel doesnt work. The concept for these type of shows is that they are funny.

That's just stupid, the panel was funny at one stage, mainly when it was live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

i only started watching the panel post-dara o briain which is unfortunate i guess because i have nothing but bad memories of the show and eventually stopped watching it cos i never got a laugh. I think the english panel shows are far far better

Advertisement