Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices of Limos for debs

Options
  • 16-07-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

How much were yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

€200 for a 10 mile trip

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

The Celtic Tiger's dead - can ye not get public transport or use your bikes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The Celtic Tiger's dead - can ye not get public transport or use your bikes?

If they wanted to do that, they'd hardly be asking for the price of limos now would they? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

Feck the limo... Rent an ice cream van

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

star-pants wrote: »
    If they wanted to do that, they'd hardly be asking for the price of limos now would they? :rolleyes:

They might be doing some cost analysis, and considering options.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

*refrians for risk of ban*

F*ck it I've done my leavin, I no longer need this forum. Who the fck do ye think ye are getting a limo for a fckn debs at 17/18/19 years of age? Walk or get dropped off by yer parents like the rest of us and stop actin like thick,spoilt pricks. Who in their right mind would turn up to a fckn debs in a limo with people losin their jobs all across the country, probably some of yer classmate's parents. Have a bit of gracefulness ffs.

Limos indeed. F**k off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

K4t wrote: »

F*ck it I've done my leavin, I no longer need this forum. Who the fck do ye think ye are getting a limo for a fckn debs at 17/18/19 years of age? Walk or get dropped off by yer parents like the rest of us and stop actin like thick,spoilt pricks. Who in their right mind would turn up to a fckn debs in a limo with people losin their jobs all across the country, probably some of yer classmate's parents. Have a bit of gracefulness ffs.

Limos indeed. F**k off.

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

K4t infracted, people watch it - yes it's a recession but people can do as they so choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Relevant wrote: »
    Feck the limo... Rent an ice cream van

That would be brilliant :pac:

Keeping on thread - I'd say a limo would be about 150 - 200

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Limos indeed. F**k off.

Those attending their debs perhaps?

From experience I couldn't tell you how much a limo cost. I was dateless for mine so got the bus with a few other people.

*cue violins*

It doesn't really matter what you show up in just so long as you're there and have a great night. People might frown upon a bus but these type of people seem to forget that you all travel back the same way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

€150 - €200??

i wish!
    mine is €500 between eight of us and thats pretty much the lowest anyone in our year could get anywhere.
    thats for about an hours journey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I hate this debs, I don't wanna even go anymore, I'd rather go out to town or something.

Unfortunately, my group of my friends had a vote on what limo to get, a Hummer limo or Lincoln/Chrysler limo. The Hummer won by a landslide victory. I'm going to the debs in a giant lego brick :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If I end up going to mine, I'm getting the service bus into town and then my mate's mammy and daddy will bring us.

Screw limos. That's good money that can be spent on much more important things like getting smashed off one's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

So like, there I was, roysh, ordering a limo to sit my orse in for the debs when I see some of these howiyas complaining about this so-called recession. Back to the breadline you fockers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

So like, there I was, roysh, ordering a limo to sit my orse in for the debs when I see some of these howiyas complaining about this so-called recession. Back to the breadline you fockers!

Breadline's closed due to budget cuts.

Let them eat cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

mines 420 between four of us with four pick ups and three bottles of chamagne.
    itll be for about two hours at least anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Ours is €400 between 10. It was originally supposed to be €800, but there was something about the committee and the debs company or something. I'm not fully sure because I didn't organise it, but it's half-price anyway. Didn't really want to go in a limo tbh, but the majority of my friends wanted one, so we're getting a limo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Limos indeed. F**k off.

Wow this stinks of begrudgery. Some people can afford limos, some can't. If the OP can afford a limo, who are you or anyone else to tell him/her that they "shouldn't"?

I'm not going to get a limo, as the debs is a 10 minute drive from my house so I'll just get my dad to drop me off in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

People who get limos make me laugh SO damn hard.

TBH, it's usually not the people who can afford it who get limos. It's usually cheap, trashy scum.
    But that's just from my experience of it.

The bus. With the rest of your class. Get the bus with the rest of your class.

I can say that I would never get a limo (even if I had limitless amounts of money). I've been to three full debs, and for each I've travelled on the bus. Going on the bus is honestly the best fun you can have (it's one of the highlights of the whole experience, for me anyway).

There's an air of pretentiousness that typically accompanies those who travel in a limo (in my experience, anyway).

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    Wow this stinks of begrudgery. Some people can afford limos, some can't. If the OP can afford a limo, who are you or anyone else to tell him/her that they "shouldn't"?
    They can do what ever they want. I'm just saying what I think of it, albeit in an agressive manner I agree. Perhaps I should have just said below......
    There's an air of pretentiousness that typically accompanies those who travel in a limo (in my experience, anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

bythewoods wrote: »
    The bus. With the rest of your class. Get the bus with the rest of your class.

I take it you mean "class" in both senses of the words ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

Are you refraining from spelling correctly as well?

Are you refraining from spelling correctly as well?
    It only took you a whole day to come up with that one! You're getting better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Piste wrote: »

Have to say I agree with this. I knew people who got a limo for their debs and they were neither pretentious arsheoles nor chavvy scum. They just wanted the experience of riding in a limo so as to get their Debs off to a good memorable start. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I didn't fork out for one but didn't look down on anyone who did. For some people the Debs is a big deal. I never got the big attraction myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

It only took you a whole day to come up with that one! You're getting better.
    Brian:"Did you wait up all night thinking of that one?"
    Peter:"No I got to bed around 2,2:30."

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

We payed €700 for ours, but we got 4 bottles of champagne aswell, wasnt too bad because we had 14 in ours so €50 each =)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Not a fan of limo's if I'm honest. I think they look kinda tacky and it's a bit on the expensive side as well.

We're organising buses to and from our debs. I reckon it'll be better banter than getting a limo and it works out much cheaper, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

our debs is a good bit away from the school, so there's buses going. never even occured to me to get a limo, none of my friends wanted to either. We're paying for the bus as part of our tickets we may as well use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

We rented a fleet of Nissan Micras with a bottle of everyone's friends, Jack and Vlad, in each.

Advertisement