Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Martron wrote: »
    i missed winning streak how did barney get on?
    Gary (Gazza) played for him and won €60,000. Won €25k in the show and got to spin the wheel and got another €35k. Great when someone in the area gets on.

Had a great win on the lotto last night myself;) Felt really lucky and had a feeling it was my time to win and buy my little house in the alps so was I pleased when I recognised some of the numbers and yes I won, €5 got me a Sunday Indo and 4 scones. Next week maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

60k!!! nice.

sorry leo but next week is my turn to win the lotto!!!

5 euro you really are in the big time now.

the most i ever won was 50 euro on a scratch card.

i was in euro spar one day though standing behind a lad at the automatic ticket checker and he won 950 euro. and there was another day when somebody got their ticket checked at the counter and the woman that checked it started screaming. the poor guy thought he had won the whole thing but turned out had won 25000. still nice though

Won £78 about 10 years ago. Thats it.

One thing you should remember ALWAYS check your own ticket, just in case the person behind the counter misses something

Does any one put salt outside their door any more to stop people slipping? Paths were really dangerous at 5.45am today and another night of frost on the way. Lads in office said some garden paths were lethal.

Oh and dont forget a few crumbs for the birds, the ones with feathers;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

LeoB wrote: »
    Does any one put salt outside their door any more to stop people slipping? Paths were really dangerous at 5.45am today and another night of frost on the way. Lads in office said some garden paths were lethal.

Oh and dont forget a few crumbs for the birds, the ones with feathers;)

We have to salt the path outside our garden every morning in frosty weather, it's lethal. During the summer when B&Q were selling off old stock I bought 2 containers of salt for melting ice, it was reduced to 10c per container and they're the size of the big diswasher powder bottles.

The birds are feeding almost all day in this cold weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

LeoB wrote: »

One thing you should remember ALWAYS check your own ticket, just in case the person behind the counter misses something

Dont trust the scanners either. Frequently tell me "not a winner" When I know there is a scratchcard or something on it. There was also a story a while ago about a woman (from Donegal, I think) Who had her ticket checked as a "not a winner" by the woman behind the counter in her local Post Office, and half an hour later the post office got a call from lotto HQ, saying their had been an error, and they had just scanned a 25 grand winner. Only for the person in the Post Office knew the ticket owner, and ran up and told them, then the ticket was in the bin!

i have the nuts out for the birds. they forget about them for a while then the whole net is gone in a day!!!

the lotto website is the worst for checking. once got a scratch card off a ticket the website said nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

the lotto website is the worst for checking. once got a scratch card off a ticket the website said nothing.

Seriously? I've only been using the website to check. Back to the old manual method of pen & paper so. ;)

Off to work now. Cant wait till 4 this afternoon when I will be finished up until next Wed. Happy Christmas to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks Leo. Many happy returns.

• Advertisement

Happy christmas guys and gals wont be back on this so i hope santa is good to you all and hope to chat to you in the new year!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Happy Christmas Everyone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Happy Christmas everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Season's Greetings folks

I'm a tad under the weather, I ate some festive decorations by accident and think I've a bout of Tinselitus :o

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,400 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Merry Christmas everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Happy Holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Don't post here too often but read here from time to time, have a great Christmas everyone!

Happy new year to all.

Loads of resolutions???????

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

#1 Never ever drink and post!

Happy New Decade Everyone ;)

Hero of the Year - my nomination is the trian driver who prevented a major disaster on the Malahide Viaduct

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Happy New Year to you all too!

(New decade doesn't start until 2011. ;))

• Advertisement

Hill Billy wrote: »
    (New decade doesn't start until 2011. ;))

That's what I thought, no?? :confused:

Off to Poland today for a bit of falling on my ass skiing/snowboarding.

YAY! :)

Happy new year everyone.

No new year's resolutions for me - it's the worst time of year for changing habits.
    Plus, I don't want to beat myself up at the end of the month for failing :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,400 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Larianne wrote: »
    Off to Poland Dublin Airport today for a bit of falling on my ass skiing/snowboarding. waiting

Sorry - hope you don't have too much hassle getting there, and you have a great time

Happy New Year to everyone

Larianne wrote: »
    Off to Poland today for a bit of falling on my ass skiing/snowboarding.

Enjoy your trip.

For everyone else, Take 1 plastic fish box, (washed), put a bit of tinsel around it, wrap up well and head for a decent hill like at the harbour in Rush and hold on tight:):)

happy new year everyone.

any new years resolutions?

i have the usual ones. so if anyone sees a 6 foot 2 chubby guy on a bike thats just a tad too small for him cycling around rush thats me!!!!

another resolution of mine is to be more positive. The gf went away for 6 weeks during the summer( columbia ecuador etc etc). by sheer luck the night she went away i called to a friends house. he was watching the yes man. ( film with jim carey)

anyway long story short i had six weeks to pack out ( no gf) . never had so much free time and refused to waste it. anyway because i did not have to ol ball and chain to consult on entertainment decisions. i just started accepting every invitation/ offer to do stuff. ( i only refused if i had something else on that i had already said yes to) anyway it was slow at the satrt as i actually fell out of touch with a lot of friends. soon enough thought i was notjust busy every weekend but i was busy everyday.

so by saying yes and being more positve instead of just going to watch tv when i came home from work i managed to cover a lot of ground

went to u2 for free in croke park, reunited with long lost friends. bought a bike and started cycling, bought a noce camera and got into digital photography, went on a european roadtrip with with a good buddy of mine and raced on the nurburg ring, eurodisney, normandy dday landings, amsterdam, newcastle..... etc etc.

so anyway waht i am trying to say is that when i was more positive i was happier. now just incase the gf sees this it was not because of her going away i had a great time.)

so thats my new rsolution to go back and start saying yes more than no. ( and beofre anyone asks me for money ..... i dont have any ha ha ha)

so happy new year everyone...... and i hope everyone will have a as great a year as i am hoping for!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Alan Farrell

happy new year everyone.

any new years resolutions?

I quit smoking after 15 years. Roll on day 9.

I quit smoking after 15 years. Roll on day 9.

Good for you! I'm off them years 7 this week, and I promise that once you get through the first few weeks you won't want to touch one.
    This is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.

Hang in there :)

• Advertisement

Good for you! I'm off them years 7 this week, and I promise that once you get through the first few weeks you won't want to touch one.
    This is the best thing you will ever do for yourself.

Hang in there :)

I am off drink 20yrs and 4days, still dont see very clearly. Stopped when I got my first car as I would not have had the discipiline to leave the keys down.

As for the smokes!!!! I was off them for 8 years but went to the Ballycotton 10 road race with my wife. She had trained really hard for it and I had a nice Irish Coffe for her in the Thatch Pub in Killeagh. She bought me a tipped Cigar and here I am a few years later puffing away. Mind you the hassle I am getting from my kids could see me make attempt 146 in the near future. I know a lad who has a few smokes every St. Stephens day and thats it. Now I would love to be able to do that.

Good luck Alan and to everyone who has packed them in. It was gret when I was off them. You will feel better and look better.

Now a cup of tea out for a quick smoke, I dont smoke in the house (when herself is about);).

Advertisement