Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you explain the Knock apparitions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 thetoken

5uspect wrote: »
    Maybe those NATO runways up the road will make your wish come true when WWIII starts.

Yep, pretty much. Catholicism is the McDonalds of religions.

Brilliant

Fills you up with sh1te that has no nutritonal value whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 thomasmi

is there a difference between Morse code and and a interior message - now could`nt you know what no comphrension

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

wha? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I hate Knock. I hate every last centimeter of that tacky, tasteless town uninhabited by anybody other than tourists and priests. I hate the fact that for years it wasn't by-passed and held up traffic for hours. I hate the amount of idiotic pilgrims it brings into east Mayo. I hate everything about the place and if there I had a choice of wiping any town in Ireland off the map it would be Knock.

Oh god, that post just reminded me of when I was dragged to Knock by my uber-Catholic parents. I was 15 , militantly atheist and the last place I wanted to be was Knock. It was like Holy Disneyland- anything they could possibly merchandise was sold- Virgin Mary soap, t-shirts, hats. It was a feckin' joke. I was somewhere between intense rage, sheer embarrasment and falling on my ass laughing when my dad made me take a photo with him on the spot where 'herself' appeared.

I spent the whole trip complaining, though looking back on it, it was good for the lulz. :D

Advertisement