Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exposing mediums

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Overblood wrote: »
    Says yer man who believes in ghosts!

Wow I suppose your next arguement will go along the lines of

"you are gay"

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Right, while Ive enjoyed this as much as the next person, its getting really silly now. We need to get back to the original video topic before any real insults commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Says yer man who believes in ghosts!

Hee hee, spot on Overblood ;)

Hee hee, spot on Overblood ;)
    If you cannot add to the discussion, do not add at all. A reminder to get back on topic is placed above. Please heed it.

Mediums are not a scientific or directly verifiable method of investigating anything. There really isnt anything more to it than that.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »
    Mediums are not a scientific or directly verifiable method of investigating anything. There really isnt anything more to it than that.
    Agreed. No point investigating with a method that itself is unverified. It can be an interesting aside, but no more. Mediums are a separate area requiring investigation, to use them to provide evidence or proof of something is bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mister gullible

Oryx wrote: »
    If you cannot add to the discussion, do not add at all. A reminder to get back on topic is placed above. Please heed it.

An expression of agreement and support for Overblood. Similar to the little 'thanks' icon I would have thought.

An expression of agreement and support for Overblood. Similar to the little 'thanks' icon I would have thought.

God gave you thanks buttons, use them. Mediums provide direction to an investigation, when they are used. Even if that direction is false it gives a base line for somewhere to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Because on the EVP section of your website, you mention that your "investigator" called out a series of questions. I'm guessing that was some medium stuff going on.

Im afraid you guessed wrong. You really should read up on what paranormal investigating entails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

iamhunted wrote: »
    Im afraid you guessed wrong. You really should read up on what paranormal investigating entails.

But to call out to ghosts, first you have to assume that ghosts exist. I'm not going to go out to my garden and call out for unicorns or goblins, because I know they don't exist.

Why are you calling out to ghosts and spirits if they don't exist?

Paranormal investigators might as well be chasing after santa imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The Video is a great exercise, I'd love to see that gobsh1te Derek Acora bagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 neutra

I so enjoyed watching that video of the three self-professed mediums! Right amusing, I thought! Oh, yes, first: in my understanding, a 'medium' is simple a means of contacting, or of facilitating contact, between one party and another who are seeking to communicate in some way. A telephone is an inanimate 'medium'. Yes? Corrections welcome, but back them up ;) I’m not always right and I know it.

The question of life beyond the earthly body here and the survival of the spirit is too complex to do more than simply comment on, in general; by all means, tell people what you believe, if you want to: but with authority? Get real!

So, okay, it was funny. Several explanations seemed apparent yet were ignored. The program undermined itself and the alleged ‘mediums’ played into the alleged ‘investigator’s hands. I think I have been taught that there is no way to definitively prove any theory (scientific terms, only, for now) at all. All that is required is to not be able to DISprove a theory. It sounds like sense. Am I right on this? I am fairly sure I am.

When it comes to something as subjective as faith, I ask one thing. I don’t expect a decent answer, either, although I’d like one. Why such a need to influence the belief-systems of others? One thing that most people will be sure of is their beliefs, their faiths. No-one is going to shift perspective so easily on subjective and often seemingly irrational traditions, values, whatever.

I don’t know the answer; no idea, no claim to, either. But it did seem like the program itself was a load of old bull, albeit a load of entertaining old bull. LOL

But to call out to ghosts, first you have to assume that ghosts exist. I'm not going to go out to my garden and call out for unicorns or goblins, because I know they don't exist.

How do you know they dont exist. If you can prove that there is no such thing as post human existance please feel free to throw it up in your next post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

Paranormal investigators might as well be chasing after santa imo.

Isnt it a good thing then you dont do any kind of 'paranormal research' considering you already seem to have the answers. That is what you are saying isnt it? Hang on - dont answer that as its the same old same old one gets around here.

I think we broke Overblood. My week long quest is over.

Conclusions: Mediums = Fun but not scientific.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

The video is funny.

Even after being caught out they try to worm their way out of it with silly explanations heh.

Advertisement