Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere that sells SUSHI in limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 StradBally

i know it is so weird that it is so hard to get in a city

Limerick is too small for a sushi restaurant.

Supermarkets will only stock product which will sell and since sushi has a very short shelf life and there is low demand among Limerick natives why should they stock it?

StradBally wrote: »
    Limerick is too small for a sushi restaurant.

Supermarkets will only stock product which will sell and since sushi has a very short shelf life and there is low demand among Limerick natives why should they stock it?
    I know your talking sense but your being a bit of a spoil sport.... please allow us to have our rant.

Also i have been to copper and spice on cornmarket row tonight Wednesday, Summer sushi special was on.

Me and my girlfriend got a bowl of misou soup, 12 generous pieces of sushi, garnished with ginger and wasabi and served with soya sauce side. Choice of drink between japenesse beer, saki or plum wine for 20 euro a head....

I give every thing 5 out of 5 (location, setting, service, appearance, presenation, atmosphere, value for money, size of serving, the soup, the whole experience) the only thing i couldnt give 5 out of 5 was the sushi. It just wasnt brillant but i think i is well worth checking out for the experience alone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Copper and spice does sushi on selected nights- 20 euro and that includes miso soup and sake. Keep an eye on their website for dates (I think tonight is one of them)

Copper and spice does sushi on selected nights- 20 euro and that includes miso soup and sake. Keep an eye on their website for dates (I think tonight is one of them)
    indeed you are right if you read the post previous to yours i gave a detailed review as i had just come back from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

Anybody on here have or know somebody with experience managing a Restaurant/Takeaway.

Wouldn't need to be big. Something along the lines of Wokking.

I could help out with the Marketing etc.

It could fill a gap in the Market in Limerick.

And we could Eat the Profits:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Twin-go wrote: »
    Anybody on here have or know somebody with experience managing a Restaurant/Takeaway.

Wouldn't need to be big. Something along the lines of Wokking.

I could help out with the Marketing etc.

It could fill a gap in the Market in Limerick.

And we could Eat the Profits:D

I spent 7 years in Japan and am married to a Japanese woman who prepares sushi on a regular basis. Could we be of any help to you?:)

But seriously, it isn't all that difficult to make sushi yourself, especially norimaki zushi.

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/sushiroll/a/aboutsushiroll.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Comhrá

What's wrong with a fish 'n chip at Luigi's?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

topper75 wrote: »
    Periwinkles must be boiled first.

You knew that, right?

Why would I care how they are prepared? I'm not eating those things. They look like snot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Ibrahimovic91

theres like 2 on one street in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

osarusan wrote: »
    I spent 7 years in Japan and am married to a Japanese woman who prepares sushi on a regular basis. Could we be of any help to you?:)[URL="http://"][/URL]

Yep, by opening a restaurant :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I got hooked when i was in austraila last summer too

Me 3,made a nice lunch...

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

On the food thing, Limerick also needs a good noodle bar, anyone ever eaten in Wok to Wok in either London or Amsterdam, worldwide? quality food ...fast.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sushi in Limerick? You've got to be kidding.:rolleyes:

Limerick is not only not big enough to be able to support a sushi restaurant - it's also not sophisticated or wealthy enough either.

This is not a swipe at the city, but a hard fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sushi in Limerick? You've got to be kidding.:rolleyes:

Limerick is not only not big enough to be able to support a sushi restaurant - it's also not sophisticated or wealthy enough either.

This is not a swipe at the city, but a hard fact.

I don't think you need to be sophiscated or wealthy to enjoy sushi. It's just food at the end of the day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

http://www.dharmas-deli.com/ in Cork - discovered it earlier this year, sweet find :)

Just a pity I live in Galway, though I am in Limerick and Cork reasonably frequently so can avail of it.

Wish there was somewhere in Limerick like this, I think it would do well. Prob not enough business for a sushi restaurant in Limerick but a shop like this would do ok I reckon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

buzz55 wrote: »
    http://www.dharmas-deli.com/ in Cork - discovered it earlier this year, sweet find :)

Just a pity I live in Galway, though I am in Limerick and Cork reasonably frequently so can avail of it.

Wish there was somewhere in Limerick like this, I think it would do well. Prob not enough business for a sushi restaurant in Limerick but a shop like this would do ok I reckon.

There are two japanese restaurants in Galway that do decent sushi. M&S has some as well. I have never seen sushi in Limerick personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Carol2057

It is totall CRAP that Limerick or practically NO WHERE bar Dublin do sushi???!!! Its incredible! WAKE UP IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Almost a year old to the day.

please do not drag up old threads. thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement