Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere that sells SUSHI in limerick

Options
  • 15-07-2009 7:58pm

I spent about 2.5 hours around limerick city and castletroy looking for a shop/restaurant/supermarket that sells sushi and couldnt find one, so if anyone knows where to get some id love to know.

I have bought some from an austrailian guy at the farmers market in UL which is on tuesdays but he was gone when I went there this week and i have a major craving for some.

Open to suggestions of sushi on sale anywhere around limerick, clare, tipperary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I have seen it in Tesco Arthurs Quay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Hey up bud...

You could try the market on Sat morning..The milk market I think its called...Its round St. Michaels church area.....Often saw it on sale there...

asked in tessco in arthurs key and the cresent did they have sushi, just said NO and walked away. I looked around the shops but didnt see any

thanks ill try the saturday market id say i will find it there kinda wanted to have it asap. Rene cusack used to sell it but he dosnt anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

locohobo wrote: »
    Hey up bud...

You could try the market on Sat morning..The milk market I think its called...Its round St. Michaels church area.....Often saw it on sale there...

Yeah, two blokes have a stall in the Milk Market on Saturday mornings selling sushi. I've bought it from them twice and thought it was excellent on both occasions (I wouldn't claim to be an expert in all things sushi, but I did enjoy it).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I seen a restaurant advertising in the Limerick Post recently that they had Sushi on their menu. I think it was Bambu on O'Connell Street.

http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/bambu_restaurant/menu.aspx has bambu's menu and doesnt list sushi in there but it could be a new adddition.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can usually get it at the Farmers Market in UL on Tuesdays.

5uspect wrote: »
    You can usually get it at the Farmers Market in UL on Tuesdays.

yup he was gone this tuesday by the time i got there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Do perriwinkles count?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

As a sushi lover I'm afraid there is no place in Limerick where you can get descent sushis.
    Hey up bud...

Yeah, two blokes have a stall in the Milk Market on Saturday mornings selling sushi. I've bought it from them twice and thought it was excellent on both occasions (I wouldn't claim to be an expert in all things sushi, but I did enjoy it).

If you love sushis steer clear of that stall, they are bad and fall in pieces. I made better sushis myself at my first attempt after watching a youtube tutorial:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Did'nt see those two guys...Just some oriental girls selling it at one of the entrance gates

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Did'nt see those two guys...Just some oriental girls selling it at one of the entrance gates

Those are long time gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Are you a dab hand at cooking? Why don't you try and make some yourself? Loads of websites and youtube vid's out there. I was at the Asian Foodstore in Henry Street today, they have loads of Japanese goods in there, I saw the makings of sushi, nori and the mats to roll them etc etc. Plus they have an aladdins cave of freezers with imported foodstuffs. I saw Vietnamese Spring Rolls, sticky rice in banana leaves, strange chinese dumplings etc etc. Ask the girls in there, they'd help you find what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1234556789

Copper & Spice on a Wednesday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Imasa on O'Connell St. used to do Sushi.
    That changed name to Chocolat and don't know do they still do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

good thread!!

when I was in Oz, I overdosed on Sushi..

Anywhere in Cork that would have it, so if I was down in Cork, I could stock up...tis only a handy spin away...

seachto7 wrote: »
    good thread!!

when I was in Oz, I overdosed on Sushi..

Anywhere in Cork that would have it, so if I was down in Cork, I could stock up...tis only a handy spin away...
    Marks and spencers in cork sell it, suppose you could stock up if your down regularly. I got hooked when i was in austraila last summer too

Imasa on O'Connell St. used to do Sushi.
    That changed name to Chocolat and don't know do they still do it.

Thats right the lady in WOKKING accross the road said that they were the only restaurant in limerick to serve it and then they stopped doing so

• Advertisement

Are you a dab hand at cooking? Why don't you try and make some yourself? Loads of websites and youtube vid's out there. I was at the Asian Foodstore in Henry Street today, they have loads of Japanese goods in there, I saw the makings of sushi, nori and the mats to roll them etc etc. Plus they have an aladdins cave of freezers with imported foodstuffs. I saw Vietnamese Spring Rolls, sticky rice in banana leaves, strange chinese dumplings etc etc. Ask the girls in there, they'd help you find what you are looking for.

I was in that shop alright and last night having watched a couple of videos on sushi making I feel confident enough to give to a go, saddlers on roches street said that they would have fish perfect for it so i might give it a go, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

I saw that Copper and Spice in Annacotty do a Sushi n Sake evening on Wednesdays i think but u should give them a bell

Narsil wrote: »
    I saw that Copper and Spice in Annacotty do a Sushi n Sake evening on Wednesdays i think but u should give them a bell
    http://www.copperandspice.com just saw on there website that they do that wish i had of known last night, ah well thanks though:)

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

I get all my stuff delivered from the UK only 12Euro

http://www.japancentre.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

MarkR wrote: »
    Do perriwinkles count?

Periwinkles must be boiled first.

You knew that, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

It's the one thing I wish I could get regularly in Limerick :( They even sell in in Boots in Dublin airport!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Furious_Daz

Narsil wrote: »

Copper and Spice in Annacotty apparently don't do the sushi night. I rang looking to make a reservation and was told they only do sushi in the restaurant in town...

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    It's the one thing I wish I could get regularly in Limerick :( They even sell in in Boots in Dublin airport!!
    i know it is so weird that it is so hard to get in a city

Copper and Spice in Annacotty apparently don't do the sushi night. I rang looking to make a reservation and was told they only do sushi in the restaurant in town...
    well i supose the one in town isnt that far away either and it looks like a gud enough deal

but i must say i have not tried it yet so ill let you know, if and when i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

i know it is so weird that it is so hard to get in a city

We need a petition lads :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement