Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Darts League Entrys Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Anybody else, deadline is a few days away! Maybe extend it until Sunday?

If we get 20 by Friday I would leave it like that did not expect to get that many players!! We need to arrange how the league will be set up etc after the deadline.

Anyone else intrested? One more entry to make it the even 20 would be handy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm really looking forward to this league, I badly need some serious practice.

Come on lads there has to be one other person who wants to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Ok I will play but will only play my matches on dartpro. Sorry not at all willing to use ezchalk.

AndyP wrote: »
    Ok I will play but will only play my matches on dartpro. Sorry not at all willing to use ezchalk.

We may as well close entrys now as 20 is a good number, and I agree with the above DartsPro is the way to go on this that ezchalk was virus ridden the last time I looked.

Now how do we seed the groups? Go by ranking points or a open draw, we can also run this again when it's finished where we can work on a div 1 and 2 (top 5 teams in each group div bottom div 2) or what do ye think?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Put me down as a reserve... i'm reluctant to put my name down as my connection is giving me trouble in recent weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Carrickman wrote: »
    We may as well close entrys now as 20 is a good number, and I agree with the above DartsPro is the way to go on this that ezchalk was virus ridden the last time I looked.

Now how do we seed the groups? Go by ranking points or a open draw, we can also run this again when it's finished where we can work on a div 1 and 2 (top 5 teams in each group div bottom div 2) or what do ye think?.

Yeah go with the boards ranking points I'd say and have 2 leagues with bottom/top 3 or so being relagated/promoted. I'll be in the second tier looking to be promoted quickly, bring it on!;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

There will be ranking points for your final finishing position in the leagues

Top League

1st : 20 points
    2nd : 18 points
    3rd : 16 points
    4th : 14 points
    5th : 12 points
    6th : 10 points
    7th : 8 points
    8th : 7 points
    9th : 6 points
    10th : 4 points

Lower Division
    1st : 10 points
    2nd : 9 points
    3rd : 8 points
    4th : 7 points
    5th : 6 points
    6th : 5 points
    7th : 4 points
    8th : 3 points
    9th : 2 points
    10th : 1 points

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

fair play to ya for looking after the ranking dion and to kingp and carrickman for organising, have to say it takes time to do these things even over the net so full marks to the three of ye.

Will this be starting soon? Will we have to get in a few pre season friendlies first?;):D

• Advertisement

Baced on the rankings from the previous tournments this is how things stand, please feel free to double check this to see if it's right.

First Division
    Andy P
    Double Top
    scunner
    dionsiseire
    Kingp35
    Daffy501
    ciarraibhoy
    Carrickman
    S.T.D Ste
    Evolution Enter

Second Division
    padr81
    ratinakeg
    patrickincork
    Healio
    matty84
    aarondoc
    CORR077
    objj52
    swalsh
    Antoine56

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jaysus that's some top division. Relegation here I come ;)

Right I have set up the website for this: http://boardsdarts.leaguerepublic.com/

I will enter the names once I'm 100% sure that the divisions are right so please check them out that they are ok.

So how are we going to play the games? best of 10 or is that too much?
    Will we play each other twice like a "home" and "away" ("home" throws first)?
    Can we manage two games a week?
    Top 4 playoff or who finnishes top wins outright?
    Promotion/relagation bottom two go down/top two going up with the third bottom and third in div 2 playing off.

All input welcome asap so we can get this off the ground!!

Here's my suggestions:
    So how are we going to play the games? best of 10 or is that too much?

I think best of ten is perfect, but do it so once one person wins 6 legs it's over, don't bother playing out the remaining legs.
    Will we play each other twice like a "home" and "away" ("home" throws first)?

Personally I think we play each other twice, more practice!
    Can we manage two games a week?

For this we should do it the way that Dion suggested. We should divide the fixtures into four blocks and post up the fixtures for block on and a deadline for when they have to be played. This way you can play all your matches in one night if you are only available for one night or you can play them over different nights. This just means there will hopefully be no walk overs making the League much fairer.
    Top 4 playoff or who finnishes top wins outright?

I reckon top four should play off, up to you lads though.
    Promotion/relagation bottom two go down/top two going up with the third bottom and third in div 2 playing off.

This sounds perfect to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Best of 5 sets, 5 legs a set maybe with a tie break.

Regarding the best of 10 format I think they all should be played even if one players gets 6 we can use the legs won/lost like goal diffrence, you never know you could be 6-0 down and win the last four legs!

AndyP wrote: »
    Best of 5 sets, 5 legs a set maybe with a tie break.

We could maby play that format in the next boards cup (which would be open at all) it would be a bit long for league matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Regarding the best of 10 format I think they all should be played even if one players gets 6 we can use the legs won/lost like goal diffrence, you never know you could be 6-0 down and win the last four legs!

How will games need to be set up on dartpro then because you can only go up to best of 15 which means if you go 8-0 up you will have to set up another game to play the remaining 2 legs. I personally think it should be an 8 leg match rather than 10 that way the games will be played in just one set up and you will get a true average etc.

We did it this way in the first boards tournament and some of the games went a bit too long so people asked me to change it to not playing them all out for the second tournament. I have no problem playing out all of the legs but I think it works a little better if you don't play them all out. I suppose it's up to what the majority thinks though.

First Division
    Andy P
    Double Top
    scunner
    dionsiseire
    Kingp35
    Daffy501
    ciarraibhoy
    Carrickman
    S.T.D Ste
    Evolution Enter

Second Division
    padr81
    ratinakeg
    patrickincork
    Healio
    matty84
    aarondoc
    CORR077
    objj52
    swalsh
    Antoine56

You can pick about 7-8 players who could win the First Division, looks really tricky.

As for the Second Division I'm not sure where I'm going to finish as there are a few new people and the players I've played against before are really good players. Can't wait for my game with Padr, our last game was a classic!:D

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    We did it this way in the first boards tournament and some of the games went a bit too long so people asked me to change it to not playing them all out for the second tournament. I have no problem playing out all of the legs but I think it works a little better if you don't play them all out. I suppose it's up to what the majority thinks though.

My vote is for an 8 leg match

First Division
    Andy P
    Double Top
    scunner
    dionsiseire
    Kingp35
    Daffy501
    ciarraibhoy
    Carrickman
    S.T.D Ste
    Evolution Enter

Second Division
    padr81
    ratinakeg
    patrickincork
    Healio
    matty84
    aarondoc
    CORR077
    objj52
    swalsh
    Antoine56

You can pick about 7-8 players who could win the First Division, looks really tricky.

As for the Second Division I'm not sure where I'm going to finish as there are a few new people and the players I've played against before are really good players. Can't wait for my game with Padr, our last game was a classic!:D

Any odds for this, can't remember who posted them last time :confused:

My vote is for an 8 leg match

As in the same format as the Premier League?

I still think this might be a little long for some people. A first to 6 leg match might be better. I'll leave it to Carrickman to decide though, this is his baby!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    As in the same format as the Premier League?

I still think this might be a little long for some people. A first to 6 leg match might be better. I'll leave it to Carrickman to decide though, this is his baby!

No, just play 8 legs, ie: 7-1, 6-2, 5-3 or a 4-4 draw.

No, just play 8 legs, ie: 7-1, 6-2, 5-3 or a 4-4 draw.

Sounds fine to me, any other points or ideas before I make the draws?

Sounds fine to me, any other points or ideas before I make the draws?

3 pts for a win, 1 pt for a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Top league looks a tough division, glad im not in it lol, I averaged 75 against Scunner and Ste and 70 against Dion and got hammered in all 3. Only point I got was against you and that was indeed a cracking game, tit for tat.

Second div is tought too some nice players and I think you'd need to be touching 70 for the entire tournie to make the playoff once it kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Id personally prefer premier league format because the idea is to get practice, the fact we've got 2 people at computers should mean we utilise the time, might as well play

also the premier league is done with leg difference but once a player hits the winning mark its over, playing out the final legs whilst knowing you've lost means you wont play at your best regardless of how many say they will.

Best of 14 means that it can be as short as 8 legs, but in a classic it could be 7-7

again down to carrickman but i would prefer that should i lose the first 3 legs that i would have time to hit my stride without looking at the 4th leg and thinking, if i lose this the best i can get is a draw.

looking at the top division, i feel i could be taking a beating all season long

Any odds for this, can't remember who posted them last time :confused:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055534674

• Advertisement

Id personally prefer premier league format because the idea is to get practice, the fact we've got 2 people at computers should mean we utilise the time, might as well play

also the premier league is done with leg difference but once a player hits the winning mark its over, playing out the final legs whilst knowing you've lost means you wont play at your best regardless of how many say they will.

Best of 14 means that it can be as short as 8 legs, but in a classic it could be 7-7
    I might go with this as dionsiseire puts the point across well, it will be 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw. When I make the fixtures I will put Mondays and Sundays on them it will be up to the two players to sort out the night of the games.

Advertisement