Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you name a Rottwieller?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Ive 2 Rotties-Molly & Luigi, my sisters Rott is Hustler....I like the name Hooch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

How about Tara? My cousin had a female rottie and it was called Tara, seemed to suit her!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

Howa bout Dottie? Dottie the Rottie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Crunchie (dark with orange bits)
    Terri (like the chocolate orange)
    Mustang Sally
    Summer
    Erin (éireann)
    Blaze
    Missy
    Cassie
    Delta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭smilerf

bruno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭katiemaloe

smilerf wrote: »
    bruno
    as soon as I saw this name suggested, I thought of Bruno the film! It's so gross you couldn't possible name a dog after it! Anyway, I think this puppy is a girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭igglou

I'll let you borrow one of my dog's names :)

Tia
    Suzi
    Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dan_

Mr soft??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Or Softie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭BennyLava

Lilith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

gypsygirl wrote: »
    Lafonda?? can you picture it, Me down in the field, calling Molly, Nige, Lafonda, Na, that will not work, She's six inches tall right now, she's definetly not a Lofonda

How about Wilma..

Just picture it.. you hanging around a field starting off low on Molly, working up to Nige and finally a-la Fred Flinstone "Wiiiiiilllllllmmmmmmaaaaaaa"!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

How about gypsy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Legion

Astra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

For a breed with an image problem (like the much maligned Rotties) I always pick a very soft name, kinda offsets any fears people might have when they meet your pet for the first time.

The last Rottie our rescue rehomed was called Princess! :D (And she was a big, soft, gormless teddy bear of a dog).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Arktos - Means little bear in Greek but it might be better for a boy. I think Beau is a really nice name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Harold.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

Hi Again,
    We had kinda decided on Ella as her name and it suits her, but when I told my Mum and nephew, they started calling her Salmon (as in samonella,) so she's now called Sami, her personality is really coming out now, she's got real attitude, loves a cuddle when she's tired but if we try to cuddle her when she's playing she snarls and bites. She's chewing everything too, toes, fingers, chairs, chins and noses are all favourites. She loves the cat, they curl up together at night, the bigger dogs love her too, Molly even lets her eat from the same bowl, (thats huge for Molly). We have two tortoises and Sami/ella is very interested in them, I caught her trying to chew one of them yesterday so I'll have to keep a close eye on that. Ah the joys of puppyhood.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    How about Wilma..

Just picture it.. you hanging around a field starting off low on Molly, working up to Nige and finally a-la Fred Flinstone "Wiiiiiilllllllllmmmmaaaaaaa"!

:p

Oh God, how I laughed at this, I CAN just picture it, I love it. I think I'm gonna see if Wiiiillllllmmmmmmaaaa fits her :D, I need to learn how to post pics, she's a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Ah if it was a boy, Mac Dubhghaill and in that vein Mary wouldn't be too far off the mark either for a girl but I do like the name Wilma.

My current boxer pup is called Iggy (Iggy Pup, ehem, but can also be extended to Ignorant, Ignoramous etc - he's somewhat less than graceful around the house) and I've already got my name sorted for my next boxer boy - McNulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 irlande_euroluv

My male Rothy is called 'Rommel'.
    Its German and powerful

• Advertisement
Advertisement