Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your own best darts moment!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭objj52

Greatest moments in darts - Lads to be honest I have watched more than i have thrown myself - What i mean is seeing that Daffy duck dude playing in the World youth in London - Pretty cool that one - , Watching him and his dad destroy all who took them on while playing doubles

Playing against a man called Jim mc Quillian who got to the finals of The News of the World- a mean thrower in his time - it was made sweet because of his snide remarks when he beat me the previous week - so to come in and hit a 100 finish and 88 (t16 D20) to sicken his hole was sweet.

But to be honest the sweetest was to beat a man i have so much respect for - Daffy duck snr - It was in the waterfront bar in Black rock just outside dundalk and I got drawn in a singles competition against Tommy ( Dans dad ) you must remember this man was like a second dad a big bro and the lad you go for a pint with all in one - he knew i was ****ting myself and just said you throw your game and i throw mine

I calmed myself and went for it and the rest is a blur i just remember hitting double ten and turning round to shake Toms hand after the caller said "game shot" and he grabbed my hand and squeezed and said something along the lines of "Good Darts you little F**k "

Didnt do f**k all for the rest of the competition but didnt really care either

What a Man what a player - legend in his own town and to be honest if he had taken it up more seriously he could have been a legend in every other town . ( But I still bet him!!! :D Once !!;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

objj52 wrote: »
    Greatest moments in darts - Lads to be honest I have watched more than i have thrown myself - What i mean is seeing that Daffy duck dude playing in the World youth in London - Pretty cool that one - , Watching him and his dad destroy all who took them on while playing doubles

Playing against a man called Jim mc Quillian who got to the finals of The News of the World- a mean thrower in his time - it was made sweet because of his snide remarks when he beat me the previous week - so to come in and hit a 100 finish and 88 (t16 D20) to sicken his hole was sweet.

But to be honest the sweetest was to beat a man i have so much respect for - Daffy duck snr - It was in the waterfront bar in Black rock just outside dundalk and I got drawn in a singles competition against Tommy ( Dans dad ) you must remember this man was like a second dad a big bro and the lad you go for a pint with all in one - he knew i was ****ting myself and just said you throw your game and i throw mine

I calmed myself and went for it and the rest is a blur i just remember hitting double ten and turning round to shake Toms hand after the caller said "game shot" and he grabbed my hand and squeezed and said something along the lines of "Good Darts you little F**k "

Didnt do f**k all for the rest of the competition but didnt really care either

What a Man what a player - legend in his own town and to be honest if he had taken it up more seriously he could have been a legend in every other town . ( But I still bet him!!! :D Once !!;))

Brilliant story OB, I'm glad I started this thread to read about real legends and real good people of our game past and present.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

not really a dart moment but my uncle (who played a lot of darts to a very high standard about 20 years ago) told me this story a few years back.

he was at a Bobby George exhibition in a rough enough pub and in the questions bit a woman askd Bobby if it was true that he only had a two inch dick? Yes love he said, but I have an 8 inch tounge, and stuck his tounge out. The place went mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

greened wrote: »
    not really a dart moment but my uncle (who played a lot of darts to a very high standard about 20 years ago) told me this story a few years back.

he was at a Bobby George exhibition in a rough enough pub and in the questions bit a woman askd Bobby if it was true that he only had a two inch dick? Yes love he said, but I have an 8 inch tounge, and stuck his tounge out. The place went mad.
    haha thats priceless

Advertisement