Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your own best darts moment!

Options
  • 12-07-2009 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

My best moment in darts happened just last week against my mate when I hit 7 perfect darts in my attempt to hit a 9 darter!:D Sadly finished on 19 darts!:(

What is your personal favourite moment in darts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Winning the league doubles with my dad when we had a league up here!! Even more special since he passed on in 2000

He said it was his proudest moment ever too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Winning the league doubles with my dad when we had a league up here!! Even more special since he passed on in 2000

He said it was his proudest moment ever too

Sad to hear Daniel. I'm happy you and your Dad shared a great darts moment. Total respect mate and I mean that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Sad to hear Daniel. I'm happy you and your Dad shared a great darts moment. Total respect mate and I mean that.

Cheers Paul , appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

fairplay Rat.

My best moment in darts happened just last week against my mate when I hit 7 perfect darts in my attempt to hit a 9 darter!:D Sadly finished on 19 darts!:(

What is your personal favourite moment in darts?

Hard to call this one. I have enjoyed so many moments playing darts over the years that it will be hard to think of one because I love playing darts.
    Was it winning our first league or then winning five in a row? Hitting my first 170 check out? hitting d1 when I needed to?

Two moments come to mind playing recently: at home and looking over and seeing my eldest lad (4) throwing beside me on a board I put up for him about 3 foot high; coming back recently after a bad night in the league with our team being 6 -1 down (first to 8) against the only team that we honestly would hate to lose against and I hit the winning double for us to win 8 -7 on the night. Cue the celebrations!!

I could revist this thread tomorrow and post so many different moments as I really do enjoy playing darts that much. Win or Lose, Once you play well you will always have great moments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

My best moment in darts is coming back this year after 5 years out wit dartitis.

paulcorr wrote: »
    My best moment in darts is coming back this year after 5 years out wit dartitis.

hope they are going well for you.

Actually I prefer when me mates and me Da and brother are playing killers, best laugh ever, me Da is always first out after the slagging he gives us followed by my mate who is a Man Utd fan.

I was actually first out tonight for a change as I just felt like slagging everyone as I thought I'd win easy again!

greened wrote: »
    Hard to call this one. I have enjoyed so many moments playing darts over the years that it will be hard to think of one because I love playing darts.
    Was it winning our first league or then winning five in a row? Hitting my first 170 check out? hitting d1 when I needed to?

Two moments come to mind playing recently: at home and looking over and seeing my eldest lad (4) throwing beside me on a board I put up for him about 3 foot high; coming back recently after a bad night in the league with our team being 6 -1 down (first to 8) against the only team that we honestly would hate to lose against and I hit the winning double for us to win 8 -7 on the night. Cue the celebrations!!

I could revist this thread tomorrow and post so many different moments as I really do enjoy playing darts that much. Win or Lose, Once you play well you will always have great moments.

Never said better, spot on mate.:)

ye that's the other side of playing darts. Have good fun playing shanghi with friends and family and not taking it to serioulsy.

I was in a pub last monday and they were playing darts, single game of 501 doubles. No real dart players there just pensioners and one woman all out in a small village pub having fun.
    One game, throw for the bull to start, both player missed the bull but could not decide who was closest. Throw again. The woman hit the bull, cue the cheers. The other thrower said no point throwing, they can go first, cue the slagging. He threw a dart..where did it land...the bull..cue the cheering again.
    Another great momentin darts and I was not even playing.

Darts is about fun and is really a great game that people can enjoy themeselves and play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

hope they are going well for you.

Never better only lost 1 of my last 23 games in the league and cup this season . Another great moment for me was beating double top in the league this season lol

ye that's the other side of playing darts. Have good fun playing shanghi with friends and family and not taking it to serioulsy.

I was in a pub last monday and they were playing darts, single game of 501 doubles. No real dart players there just pensioners and one woman all out in a small village pub having fun.
    One game, throw for the bull to start, both player missed the bull but could not decide who was closest. Throw again. The woman hit the bull, cue the cheers. The other thrower said no point throwing, they can go first, cue the slagging. He threw a dart..where did it land...the bull..cue the cheering again.
    Another great momentin darts and I was not even playing.

Darts is about fun and is really a great game that people can enjoy themeselves and play.

Brilliant story would have liked to witness that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Anytime i play really as i use my grandads old darts, bless him i gave them to him for his 71st birthday and only 3 weeks later he passed away.. He only managed one game with the things!!

Red Storm wrote: »
    Anytime i play really as i use my grandads old darts, bless him i gave them to him for his 71st birthday and only 3 weeks later he passed away.. He only managed one game with the things!!

Also sorry to hear Red, you could never in a million years get a set of personalised darts that so meaningful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

I have two greatest moments.

1) was sitting at home and got a call from my mate, they were one player short and he knew i was always up for a game. headed up to were they were playing, was put in no 2 and threw the best darts of my life to that point. finished a 14 and 16 darter, got a 180 too but every darts i threw went in and one dart for each double. thats how i joined the farmhouse.

2) was actually playing against daffy in the boards final. unbelieveable darts by both of us, played 18 legs and loved everyone of them.

to be honest every game i play is my favorite moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Also sorry to hear Red, you could never in a million years get a set of personalised darts that so meaningful.
    Cheers man...Considering getting them engraved with his initials too, dunno if i'd be able to use them afterward if i did though...

paulcorr wrote: »
    Never better only lost 1 of my last 23 games in the league and cup this season . Another great moment for me was beating double top in the league this season lol

you cheeky bas***d:D:D:D:D, you were lucky, landed three darts on the D20 (ironic i know) and missed then you stepped up and took out 74 (T14,D16) to win it.

fair play :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

hi shane,looking forward 2 next saturday,see you on the nite

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

hi paul,just heard noggin inn got the sambo of the year award:eek::eek::eek:

Double Top wrote: »
    I have two greatest moments.

1) was sitting at home and got a call from my mate, they were one player short and he knew i was always up for a game. headed up to were they were playing, was put in no 2 and threw the best darts of my life to that point. finished a 14 and 16 darter, got a 180 too but every darts i threw went in and one dart for each double. thats how i joined the farmhouse.

2) was actually playing against daffy in the boards final. unbelieveable darts by both of us, played 18 legs and loved everyone of them.

to be honest every game i play is my favorite moment

Brilliant game, hope we can see another great live game like that soon! Your worst moment in darts will happen soon when I destroy you in our next match...............I wish;):D:p

• Advertisement

Brilliant game, hope we can see another great live game like that soon! Your worst moment in darts will happen soon when I destroy you in our next match...............I wish;):D:p

LOL:D:D:D

i'd say when we finally play it's going to be some hell of a game. you seem to be throwing great darts (that 9 dart attempt was brilliant) and i'm throwing very good darts aswell

itching to play you and Daniel again. The beast is getting ancy:D:D:D

Double Top wrote: »
    LOL:D:D:D

i'd say when we finally play it's going to be some hell of a game. you seem to be throwing great darts (that 9 dart attempt was brilliant) and i'm throwing very good darts aswell

itching to play you and Daniel again. The beast is getting ancy:D:D:D

LMAO!!!!:D:D I'd be lucky if I get a few legs off you!:(:D I'm off work the next two days but I'm broke after last night so the only chance of playing against you this week is if you call up or on Dartpro

LMAO!!!!:D:D I'd be lucky if I get a few legs off you!:(:D I'm off work the next two days but I'm broke after last night so the only chance of playing against you this week is if you call up or on Dartpro

can't do it tomoro, i'm in that igo comp. my darts pro isn't working, what i'll do is send you a PM with me number and we'll sort it out for tuesday, if you up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

First 180 without a doubt. Winning my first (and only) game in the Boards Tournie was the other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

For me it would probably getting to the final of the Mick Maxwell memorial, the first time i chucked darts was to play in that tournament a year ago, and this year only a week or 2 ago i managed to get to the final of the tournament. absolutely great craic and served to honur the memory of a friend of the family, couldnt have asked for a better one.

Up there are

My first win in a players championship
    Getting to the final of my board in the dublin open (my first final of a board)
    My first 180 in tournament play
    Taking out 104 to win my first ever league match
    Run to the semi finals of the boards.ie #2 tourney and thus slotting in at #4 in the rankings
    Winning the league, cup, 3 a side, doubles, singles and youths with colmchilles this year

cant believe its been only a year

For me it would probably getting to the final of the Mick Maxwell memorial, the first time i chucked darts was to play in that tournament a year ago, and this year only a week or 2 ago i managed to get to the final of the tournament. absolutely great craic and served to honur the memory of a friend of the family, couldnt have asked for a better one.

Up there are

My first win in a players championship
    Getting to the final of my board in the dublin open (my first final of a board)
    My first 180 in tournament play
    Taking out 104 to win my first ever league match
    Run to the semi finals of the boards.ie #2 tourney and thus slotting in at #4 in the rankings
    Winning the league, cup, 3 a side, doubles, singles and youths with colmchilles this year

cant believe its been only a year

That's an impressive darts CV after only a year, fair play dion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

cheers, here's hoping i can accomplish some more in the next year, starting with the Irish Matchplay, would love a good run in that despite that fact that every top dart player in ireland will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bettyswollox

well guys, im a serial final loser im afraid to say.have played about 16 finals of tournaments and won 4 times, but loseing 3,2 to the great jack mckenna was a great honour, just to share a stage with that man was amazeing. when he stood up to collect his prize he said he may have won but i had been the better player,unforgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

for myself 2 things stick out from most;
    1 the semi final of the cup against the tavern a few years back there was no love lost with the two teams and to go in for the win hitting 82 bull 16 d8 my nerves were shot, to win the match was super as we won league and cup that year.:D
    2. to hear paul hink pdc ref call out those magic words 11111888888880000000!!!!!! against barney in front of about 3 or four hundred people was amazing lost the game but that will ring in my ears for a long time, barney finished 32 next dart ON HIS KNEES:eek::eek::eek: damn show off:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

1st year playing darts so to go in for the win in the semi's of the cup when we hadnt been ahead in the game and then win it 2-0 was probably the highlight for me, and winning my board in the singles was pretty sweet aswel :D

Advertisement