Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge spider keeps coming back

Options
  • 11-07-2009 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I had an encounter with one a few days ago. The thing was so big i could actually hear it running across my floor. So i wrapped it in a towel and put him outside (as you do). Yesterday i saw another one just as big which must of been the same one (i think). So as usual outside with him. Then just a few miuntes ago the b**tard comes strolling across my floor, The cheek!!. I had enough of it at this stage so i brutally crushed him with harry potter and the order of the phoenix (the book by the way) and scraped him into the bin. Which by the way left a huge stain on the book (Wont be reading that again). Let that be a lesson to all his eight-legged mates. It may not of been the same spider by the way but you never know.......;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How do you know it was the same spider? It was an innocent bystander and you murdered it.

What a shitty way to go too... crushed by a gay fcuking wizard, with a book =p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Should've given it to 'loloray' - they'd a fly they needed to get rid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Simple way to get rid of spiders and insects without harming them is cover said insect with a pint glass or even an ordinary plastic top ,ie shaving foam ,hair conditioner one , it's then trapped .Slide a piece of paper such as an envelope under glass/top .You then take it to front / back door and it's gone .

dont reccomend killing spiders :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Latchy wrote: »
    Simple way to get rid of spiders and insects without harming them is cover said insect with a pint glass or even an ordinary plastic top ,ie shaving foam ,hair conditioner one , it's then trapped .Slide a piece of paper such as an envelope under glass/top .You then take it to front / back door and it's gone .

dont reccomend killing spiders :pac:

We had one there a while back you wouldn't have got a pint glass over.

Shotgun. It's the only way.

Silverfish wrote: »

You live in the Amazon jungle by any chance ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

What if i wounded it you know, took off one of his legs. That will teach him not to come back.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Silverfish wrote: »

thats cos you downed the pint too quickly and were dazed and drunk when you were trying to get it on top of him. just use an empty glass..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

o_0

Spiders creep me out. Especially big ones. Don't think we're supposed get huge spiders ver here, so they HAVE to be Fodjiner spiders. And you know they're lifting the dole as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Jesus, spider killers on boards where spiders are there to protect us from germ spewing flies. Shame on ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

karlog wrote: »
    I had an encounter with one a few days ago. The thing was so big i could actually hear it running across my floor. So i wrapped it in a towel and put him outside
    Awwwww. Did you pet her tenderly too? ;)
    Yesterday i saw another one just as big which must of been the same one (i think).
    Course it was. She left her babies in your house.
    Then just a few miuntes ago the b**tard comes strolling across my floor, The cheek!!. I had enough of it at this stage so i brutally crushed her
    You orphaned her Spider-babies! You have to take care of them now.
    with harry potter and the order of the phoenix (the book by the way) and scraped him into the bin. Which by the way left a huge stain on the book (Wont be reading that again).
    With Harry Potter??? what the hell is wrong with you dude? Was there nothing else nearby? Don't let me hear of you near a cinema next week! :(

• Advertisement

Abigayle wrote: »
    With Harry Potter??? what the hell is wrong with you dude? Was there nothing else nearby? Don't let me hear of you near a cinema next week! :(

Should of used the da vinci code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

OP, I hope you weren't in pet shop doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

You'll need more than that when the little spider's dad finds out. Flame throwers are on special offer at B&Q this week.:eek:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You'll need more than that when the little spider's dad finds out.

Otherwise known as ' Spiderman '

I agree. I couldn't get passed the first two pages, bored the tits off me. How could you do it to Harry.... :(

Abigayle wrote: »
    I agree. I couldn't get passed the first two pages, bored the tits off me. How could you do it to Harry.... :(

cause it was the thickest book there

cause it was the heaviest book there

I've fixed that for you, in the way I assume you mean. Otherwise, you won't make it out of this thread alive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

I reckon it had the body of a spider, but the mind of a baby.
    Poor thing was just trying to come home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Second Saturday in a row there's a thread about spiders- it's getting serious.

Why is it wrong to kill a spider? They're horrible little bastards, and they creep the shít out of me, and if you let them out in a glass or whatever they DO (as the OP says) return to scare some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,131 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

is it a blue spider?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    is it a blue spider?

No its a dead one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I don't know why anyone would put them outside. Horrid bastards. Kill them all on site. Though I'm in Galway. They've been cropping up less here since the rains and cold started. Sweet Galway. I hold you to my bosom.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Latchy wrote: »
    Otherwise known as ' Spiderman '

You must have seen the Ron Jeremy Spiderman movie.:eek: There was no spider-shagging going on in the more popular versions, unless it happened in one of them when I dropped my popcorn.

Why is it wrong to kill a spider? They're horrible little bastards, and they creep the shít out of me, and if you let them out in a glass or whatever they DO (as the OP says) return to scare some more.
    Might just be superstition but spiders are part of our egological system and good for getting rid of other unwanted insects + they are good indicators of cold/heat changes in the weather .

Not that the average person witha phobia of spiders will care about that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Shryke wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone would put them outside. Horrid bastards. Kill them all on site. Though I'm in Galway. They've been cropping up less here since the rains and cold started. Sweet Galway. I hold you to my bosom.

Jesus mother of Mary and Joseph!!

Spiders are our allies against germ infecting flies, why are you afraid of little creatures who are to defend us against disease?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

gurramok wrote: »
    Jesus mother of Mary and Joseph!!

Spiders are our allies against germ infecting flies, why are you afraid of little creatures who are to defend us against disease?

Because they're only practising on flies, and once they've passed their level 9 fly trapping exams, they start on us. Don't blame me if you wake up some morning tied to your bed in a way you weren't expecting!

I usually drop them out a 6 story window and assume that their l33t spidy-skills will save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Because they have excessive amounts of eyes and legs and the way they move is just horrible. AND the really horrible ones hide in your shoes and bite you and kill you. If you live in Australia that is.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You must have seen the Ron Jeremy Spiderman movie.:eek: There was no spider-shagging going on in the more popular versions, unless it happened in one of them when I dropped my popcorn.
    Ron Jeremy ...though for a second he was the guy In the Tarzen movies but it's probably all that physical action I'm getting mixed up with .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

There is something happening. Something bad.

The spiders are getting bigger because the flies have become Super Flies.

I have spent the day battling one. He just won't die. I have tried to hit him with a newspaper while he was stationary, but no, a split second before the paper strikes he's off. I have successfully hit him a few times, he hits the floor, then shakes himself off and flies off again. It's like fly tennis, I hit him, he comes back, I hit him..

I caved and went and bought fly spray (hate the stuff), got a direct hit, he looked a bit dazed (stoned I think), then flew off again.

He is currently mocking me by occasionally landing on my mouse hand right hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A few months ago I made the effort and cleaned out all the spiders webs in the house. I'd tolerated them for the last 3 years. Bad mistake. Now I have flies on a regular basis. Man I hate those flies. I can't wait for the spiders to return.

Advertisement