Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

A-Trak wrote: »
    I thought it was a taunt as well until Ry told me different.

We all know there is only 1 taunt is SSF4 and it involves sunglasses. All the others are pale imitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

PPC wrote: »
    Playing SF4 with a guitar

Tremolo picking = Hyakuretsukyaku. Awesome.

I know this is super-old, but I'm sure this hasn't been posted here yet:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

At least it sticks pretty close to the source material.

• Advertisement

Skill Smith are a collection of players who ran an MVS Club which released various VHS tapes plus some books during the mid/late 90's into the early 00's.
    The tapes covered mostly Capcom fighting games from SFIIX, Vampire Hunter, Zero 3, SFIII:NG/2I and 3S but also Tekken.
    In the main they're exhibition and combo videos but this title is as the title implies, is a 'destruction' of SFIII: 2nd Impact. It demonstrates mastery of 'Blocking' or the Parry as it's called in the west to glitches, bugs and other curios in the game.
    SFIII: 2nd Impact 'DESCTRUCTION' VHS was originally released in the Summer; probably July, of 1999.
    Also packaged with this video was the 'Skill Smith MVS Club Information Paper Vol.7' dated 18th July 1999 (maybe the release date of 'Destruction also?) with a catalogue.
    You can see the paper here next to the video: http://tinyurl.com/33flgd9
    It's been uploaded here as part of a historical and digital preservation effort.
    If you have any more information or corrections please get contact via PM.
    Skill Smith: http://www31.ocn.ne.jp/~ssmith/

Time-line

0:00 Parry Exhibition
    Full parry of each of the various Super Arts from the cast.

02:41 Let's BLOCKING!
    Perfect on all 5 Levels of the Basketball Bonus Stage including the oddity of Yun achieving a Perfect by just tauntung and not parrying a thing.

04:59 Glitches and Oddities
    A range of clips displaying weird glitches such as Alex warping backwards when tauntuing from a crouch, instant stuns to the match not ending despite a KO.

07:16 Dudley Rose Taunt
    Demonstartes that even a taunt from Dudley which doesn't launch a rose, can still actually hit, by nulifying a rose thrown by the other player.

07:31 Denjin is strong!
    Shows that a full denjin fireball can penetrate through an Aegis reflector still achieve full stun.

07:43 Urien throw glitch.
    Despite a clothesline from Hugo connecting and doing damage on a standing Urien, Urien can neutral throw him without any recovery!

07:50 Hugo collapse stance reset.
    Despite Hugo going through and almost completing his collapse animation from a weak/low attack KO, a projectile taunt afterwards from Sean/Dudley will see him reset back to the beginning of it.

08:11 Super Art beaten!
    Demonstrating the Super Art's that can be beaten by a well-timed throw or medium.

08:29 Gill Oddness.
    Strange cr.Fierce effects on Urien and the git taunting, but twice in a row?

08:45 Gigas vs Dempsey Roll
    Which will win?

08:57 Gill reset loop.
    If Gill has full Super Art stock at KO for 'Resurrection', you can keep resetting him back into a standing stance with a low attack in to a loop. Build that meter!

11:56 Full Parry of Gills Super Art
    Do no try this at home.

12:31 Wut?
    Odd trades and misses between moves.

12:56 Flashy Shin Shoryuken
    An epic Gill KO by landing Shin Shoryuken as a follow-up to a well timed Slide-Kick. But full Shin Shoryu' from a juggle?

13:09 Sean and his Ball
    Sean using his own ball to Super Cancel.

13:17 Fireing Blanks
    Ryu's Super Fireball just won't come out despite his EX Tatsu' no costing meter!

13:29 Screen Scroll Glitch
    Despite the Urien taunting getting closer, the screen doesn't move back until he stops.

13:39 Instant Air Fireball Super Art?
    I think this is what it's showing?

13:46 Air Reset Air Parry
    A full Super Art parry from being air-reset after a Bread 'n Butter Ryu combo.

13:55 Oro is short!
    He can dash and duck under a fireball!

14:00 Meter Building 1P style.
    No fair! 1P Sean builds meter faster than 2P Sean!

14:09 One, Twice, Three times a Super Art.
    Oro lands his normal Super Art 1 the max possible of three times!

14:21 Tech Bonus 2000pts
    Skill Smith team manages an entire round with Elena, succesfully parrying every CPU Yang attack and without dealing any damage themselves.

16:14 Credits

17:20 End of tape
    Static!
    16:14 Credits

17:20 End of tape
    Static!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

maybe we can change this into some interesting videos AND pictures?lol

129161124159077421.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SFIII:2 looks broke as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Doom's been doing that since Day 1.

His favourite is getting the opponent to no life after a throw, slow boom for chip, Sunglasses while the boom slowly makes its way to where the opponent has to stand into it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

**** sake, ^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Doom's been doing that since Day 1.

His favourite is getting the opponent to no life after a throw, slow boom for chip, Sunglasses while the boom slowly makes its way to where the opponent has to stand into it...

Glad to see I'm getting the recognition I deserve.

EDIT: also, sometimes I try to delay the glasses til a split second before the boom hits so I can do slo mo glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I remember you did that to me, it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

My friend Boggles (the artist behind Doyler techno remix) and I had a competition in endless battle against randoms who are actually trying to win.

"Who could put on and take off Guiles glasses the most in a single round and still win"

The record is 23. I actually got to 30 once but lost the round so no go.
    We're gonna start recording matches soon.

GorySnake wrote: »
    I remember you did that to me, it was amazing.

Thank you. Guile's a fight you need to liven up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Doyler01 wrote: »
    The record is 23.

We talking 23 glasses-related actions, or 23 entire on/off cycles here?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

We talking 23 glasses-related actions, or 23 entire on/off cycles here?

Taking off glasses counts also.

So on then off counts as 2. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't remember seeing this before. Some cool stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Some balrog players have a look at this for me:

I'm wondering if he had jab on autofire. Watching it back I'm not sure, but it doesnt seem to waver much, unlike when i mash out c.lk after I started the U1.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

He almost certainly did IMO, just from looking at the inputs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Looks like turbo again. Its sickening alright, I fought a blanka today that was doing insta electricity after every move he did , be it a normal or a blanka ball.

At 1st I was like 'damn this is a little different' , was pretty pissed off losing to the guy. I thought, "bah, maybe he was using turbos, nah its my own fault just gotta deal with it better...wait" Then I remembered your vids kneecaps, had a look at the replays and it was unbelievable.....

He had every button set to turbo too not just one. Sent him a nasty message then but naturally he didn't reply.

Its sickening as I've said.

On a positive note the replay system is really handy for the info it gives, not just for spotting turbo cheaters but the way it lets you see the damage your combos are doing mid game is really helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

It seems quite likely, but not entirely conclusive. Depends if you want to give him a benefit of the doubt or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It was the other day but i didnt message him as I wasnt sure. It did feel like turbo when i was playing though.

as for the replays, it's great to have.

Juri v zangief, he hits me with head butt and kick combo for 800 stun, the standing mp for 100 more, but i focused it, attacked him and it drain away.

So i was on 900/900 stun but not dizzied, never realised this property before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Interesting, guess you have it'd be need to be 901 + for you to actually get stunned so I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

It was the other day but i didnt message him as I wasnt sure. It did feel like turbo when i was playing though.

as for the replays, it's great to have.

Juri v zangief, he hits me with head butt and kick combo for 800 stun, the standing mp for 100 more, but i focused it, attacked him and it drain away.

So i was on 900/900 stun but not dizzied, never realised this property before.

900 is among the lower stun levels, right?

As for your earlier Balrog vid, it seems pretty clear cut that he has LP on turbo, which I think is a little sad. Oh, why U1 over U2??

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I think anyone who's played any ST at all can relate to this a little.Still funny though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Check out this moaning american dick get pummeled.

Classic. you need to hear his excuses

Advertisement