Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your last fight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Wasn't in a fight since school then got into a sidegame of poker a couple of years back after about ten of us got knocked out of the tourney we were playing in. Tenner a head, winner takes all. I had 80% of the chips when the barman told us we'd have to make a move. All the other lads felt I was entitled to take the pot except for one little gutty who had only one chip left (wouldn't have covered the next blind). He picked up his tenner and walked off. I followed him down to the carpark and called him a gutless little cheat. He beat me senseless. I would swap all my poker winnings and every fight I ever won just to have won that one fight.:mad:

When I finally made it back to the bar the other lads had left with their tenners.:o

You didn't win the game therefore you didn't win the money. The money should of been split up with you getting 80% of the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Fromvert wrote: »
    You didn't win the game therefore you didn't win the money. The money should of been split up with you getting 80% of the money.

Sorry, that's what everyone else agreed to aswell. I was willing to take 50 and leave the rest to the lads to have a pint the following night as it wasn't my local. My stupid sense of injustice cost me everything and got me a kicking into the bargain. Looking back though, I'm still glad I tried to fight him.

Advertisement