Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous parents

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only babies that ever needed helmets were the ones in the Boogie Pimps video, and they were sky-diving for God's sake! (towards their ultimate "goals"):P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

kelle wrote: »
    That's the helmet being discussed, sweet ain't it?

Actually, my older daughter fractured her skull when she was small (she was fine though) that i was so protective of younger daughter I bought her that helmet when she was learning to sit up. She had many bangs while wearing that helmet. After she reached 11 months I had such a job to get her to wear it it was pointless. Funnily enough she is a very careful toddler who has never had a fall!

Take the ears off, paint it camo colours and it kinda reminds me of a mini US K-pot helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭uriah

karlog wrote: »
    I went to meet my cousin, who i haven't seen in awhile and his little bundle of joy, just 8 months old(i think). He's just learning to walk but falls down regularly, like all kids learning to walk do i guess. However his girlfriend insists that he wear this sort of helmet so he doesn't hit his head when he falls. In my opinion it's the most ridiculous piece of s**t i have ever seen a child wear in my life. It's the type of headgear you'd only see on a scrum half rugby player.
    Next thing you know they'll be making toddlers wear muzzles too prevent them from putting crayons in their mouths.

Is it just me or are some parents a little too worried about there kids:confused:

attempting to walk at just 8 months? He's already aHEAD of the pack.

Seriously, I am aware of a very young child who had to wear a helmet for a while because of epilepsy (this was about 16 years ago). Perhaps there is a reason for the helmet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

uriah wrote: »
    attempting to walk at just 8 months? He's already aHEAD of the pack.

Seriously, I am aware of a very young child who had to wear a helmet for a while because of epilepsy (this was about 16 years ago). Perhaps there is a reason for the helmet.

Yeh the reason is the mother is f**kin nutbar

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The idea of childhood is to learn from your mistakes. This child may not learn the "banging your head is not good" lesson.

• Advertisement
Advertisement