Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous parents

Options
  • 11-07-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

I went to meet my cousin, who i haven't seen in awhile and his little bundle of joy, just 8 months old(i think). He's just learning to walk but falls down regularly, like all kids learning to walk do i guess. However his girlfriend insists that he wear this sort of helmet so he doesn't hit his head when he falls. In my opinion it's the most ridiculous piece of s**t i have ever seen a child wear in my life. It's the type of headgear you'd only see on a scrum half rugby player.
    Next thing you know they'll be making toddlers wear muzzles too prevent them from putting crayons in their mouths.

Is it just me or are some parents a little too worried about there kids:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Jesus! Thats ott! I have a little girl, and i do get into absolute blind panics bout silly things, and things that are out of my control, but i just tell myself to cop the fcuk on and get a grip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

karlog wrote: »
    However his girlfriend insists that he wear this sort of helmet so he doesn't hit his head when he falls.

Bit young to have a girlfriend isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Wait till he starts school - what the hell is she going to do then, bubble wrap him!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Scrum-halves don't normally wear scrum caps, do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Should of been more specific eh?

My cousins girlfriend if your wonderin thats who it is..................jeeeeeeeeeeeesus

• Advertisement

el_weirdo wrote: »
    Scrum-halves don't normally wear scrum caps, do they?

I dont really know and i dont really care but you get my point. Whatever those rugby twats wear thats what i'm on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

i've seen em OP, and personally kicked him.
    Without his mother knowin;)
    i agree totally.
    victims of mass marketting

staker wrote: »
    i've seen em OP, and personally kicked him.
    Without his mother knowin;)
    i agree totally.
    victims of mass marketting

I blame that damn Peter Czech.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

They were sold on the english apprentice. The team that chose to sell them won the task if I remember correctly. Its the way things are going I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Poor lad won't stand a chance in primary school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

poor kid, wait till he asks for a skate board actuly o buy the kid a skate board.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It wont be long before she buys him some kid gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

You can say what you want about catholicism,but there was a time when you did a head count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

You can say what you want about catholicism,but there was a time when you did a head count.

quote the source folks, quote the source

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've never told a man i loved him before, i nearly did after reading that.

The poor kid.

super-rush wrote: »
    I've never told a man i loved him before, i nearly did after reading that.

If you're female :cool:.
    If you're male :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I went to meet my cousin, who i haven't seen in awhile and his little bundle of joy, just 8 months old(i think). He's just learning to walk but falls down regularly, like all kids learning to walk do i guess. However his girlfriend insists that he wear this sort of helmet so he doesn't hit his head when he falls.

Shes just being careful. After all she had to have fallen out of her pram onto her head to come up with that one.

She is off her Jarvis.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An 8 month old kids head won't hit the ground at the same speed as an adults because it won't have as far to fall. The risk if far smaller for smaller people. Also it's all part of growing up, too much safety gear and you will take far greater risks than you would other wise, just look at how fast people drive now there is so much safety gear in the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

:D Remined me of this (unfortunately, there's no scene with Ike and his, uhm, girlfriend):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Babies and childrens heads are a lot stronger then people imagine .

Ever heard of the phrase '' were you dropped on your head as a child '' OP ?

OTT ? ...pfft ......to be sure it is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭EmeraldDragon

I went to meet my cousin, who i haven't seen in awhile and his little bundle of joy, just 8 months old(i think). He's just learning to walk but falls down regularly, like all kids learning to walk do i guess. However his girlfriend insists that he wear this sort of helmet so he doesn't hit his head when he falls. In my opinion it's the most ridiculous piece of s**t i have ever seen a child wear in my life. It's the type of headgear you'd only see on a scrum half rugby player.
    Next thing you know they'll be making toddlers wear muzzles too prevent them from putting crayons in their mouths.

Is it just me or are some parents a little too worried about there kids:confused:

............ seriously..?

............ seriously..?

I'm super serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

That's the helmet being discussed, sweet ain't it?

Actually, my older daughter fractured her skull when she was small (she was fine though) that i was so protective of younger daughter I bought her that helmet when she was learning to sit up. She had many bangs while wearing that helmet. After she reached 11 months I had such a job to get her to wear it it was pointless. Funnily enough she is a very careful toddler who has never had a fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Why are there ears on it?

Aard wrote: »
    Why are there ears on it?

So the baby doesn't look odd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I think I'm going to have to get one for my neighbours - I broke their baby earlier :(

Thoie wrote: »
    I think I'm going to have to get one for my neighbours - I broke their baby earlier :(

just get them a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

So the baby doesn't look odd

With or without ears it looks odd.

Abigayle wrote: »
    With or without ears it looks odd.

exactly lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Banging your head is how you learn not to let it happen again.

Of course if you bang your head to much you'll forget things like your name, what year it is and to hold in your pee until you reach a toilet.:(

Advertisement