Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIS IS NOT A OXEGEN THREAD. But.....

Options
  • 10-07-2009 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

The weekend is finally here once again :D:D:D

BUT !

This weekend is different ... Its OXEGEN !!!

and that can only mean one thing ...

Traffic !

The average journey time from Kylmore Mc Donald's to Athy is about 50 - 55 mins but Oxygen is this weekend and whoever is making that trip in my mind is F*CKED :rolleyes:

lets not forget the regular traffic too going home from work :)

Lets hear all your thoughts on it ! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My thoughts? Bet it pisses down all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My thoughts:

Should've gone to a cheaper European festival with almost guaranteed good weather.

Suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

robbie_998 wrote: »
    and that can only mean one thing ...

Traffic !
    ! :eek:

and rain rain rain rain!!!!!!

hope you all get soaked;)

but seriously can't understand the appeal of those outdoor festivals...all you hear is complaints and moaning about them > traffic, weather, dirty toilets, fights, theiving etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

On the plus side the Dublin city centre will be virtually baseball cap and tracksuit free for the weekend.

fryup wrote: »
    and rain rain rain rain!!!!!!

hope you all get soaked;)

but seriously can't understand the appeal of those outdoor festivals...all you hear is complaints and moaning about them > traffic, weather, dirty toilets, fights, theiving etc

It'd be like setting up a tent in Temple Street for the weekend and having a stereo.

Wonder how long you'd survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That_Guy wrote: »
    My thoughts:

Should've gone to a cheaper European festival with almost guaranteed good weather.

Suckers.
    Meh. Went to Hellfest in June. Lovely and sunny every day, and it cost €120 to see over a 100 bands, camp there, etc. Got to see about 20 bands, 5 of which are amongst my top 10 bands.

Oh, and it was a metal festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

the_syco wrote: »
    Meh. Went to Hellfest in June. Lovely and sunny every day, and it cost €120 to see over a 100 bands, camp there, etc. Got to see about 20 bands, 5 of which are amongst my top 10 bands.

Oh, and it was a metal festival.

Good shout. Oxegen is the only festival I can see in Europe that do not cater for every genre. They should really have a metal stage at least. Nearly every other festival has one from what I can tell.

There is only one metal festival....Wacken. €90 a ticket in a proper organised arena and camp site.

There is only one metal festival....Wacken. €90 a ticket in a proper organised arena and camp site.

Was thinking about going this year but no mates were going.

/thread derailed

• Advertisement

I've been going for five years and it's the best festival I've ever been to, bar none.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

we'll be heading down to Ballymore tonight after the Pat's game, i don't envisage much traffic at that stage (if there is, people are stupid, i'd love to see them put up a tent in the dark!). Have a few drinks in mates house out there, pick up a couple cans for the 1 hour-ish stroll down to the racecourse in the morning. Enjoy the day, the Anthem will be awsome, then head back to Ballymore that night for a bit of UFC 100. . .that's a good day afaic

done the weekend thing too many times, not worth the hassle, especially with the expected rain

oh yeah, Leinster final and the Boss on Sunday, that's a good weekend in fact

train_wreck-782867.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm wearing my wellies now, they're really comfortable

phasers wrote: »
    I'm wearing my wellies now, they're really comfortable

Dunnes Stores or Penneys?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I've been going for five years and it's the best festival I've ever been to, bar none.

What other festivals have you been to?

Off the top of my head? Glastonbury, Download, Reading, Electric Picnic, Pukkelpop, Rock am Ring, Donnington, Witnness, T in the Park, Benicassim and Oxegen.

Nice! Thats a lot of comparrison, all depends on the bands i suppose.
    In fairness to Oxegen it usually has an amazing lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Rock Werchter ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Rain means one thing only: wet T-shirts! Giggity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That_Guy wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores or Penneys?
    JJB sports you peasant

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

my friends wacked off a few times, said it was the best festival ever. thinking of wacking off myself sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

fryup wrote: »

I know, I couldn't imagine anything worse to be honest. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Festivals abroad FTW. Cheaper, better weather and a holiday all rolled into one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

greenfly wrote: »
    Nice! Thats a lot of comparrison, all depends on the bands i suppose.
    In fairness to Oxegen it usually has an amazing lineup

Now that is funny. The line up at Oxygen is so ****e this year i wasn't even bothered to work it.

Dragan wrote: »
    Now that is funny. The line up at Oxygen is so ****e this year i wasn't even bothered to work it.

hence "usually" i dont like it either im fecking off on holidays instead, going to the sun rather than a rain and piss soaked field.

Last years lineup was way better imo, there is a reaosn it still isnt sold out and it not just because of the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

looking forward to the Joe Duffy show on Monday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

Dragan wrote: »

News at 11! People in having different tastes shocker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

markpb wrote: »
    News at 11! People in having different tastes shocker!

And is there some reason this only applies to my post, as oppossed to blanket statement about Oxygen usually have a good line up?

I assume you like a good few of the bands playing Oxygen, and fair play, an interest in music is always a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

phasers wrote: »
    JJB sports you peasant

Sports wellies??? Yea you got conned there dude... should have went to pennies.

Never seen the big attraction with the likes of oxygen, too much scum in one area. I might go next year if I have a job. Going to 2 festivals in belgium in a few weeks 35 euro for the weekend camping??? Oh yesss... :) Regae geel FTW.

Advertisement