Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW EPIC FAIL thread **IT'S BACK!**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

locked again till the next troll tries to be funny with an o so smart hhaha wrestling is gay type post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CHICKENROLL

WRESTLING IS ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

*Awaits the Fail thread* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ill get the ball rolling:

shipment-of-fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I didn't expect this to be re-opened so quickly.

Well done chickenroll. Now that you are here, tell us something about yourself. Are you an emo? Do you feel unloved?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

WRESTLING IS ****

Cenaface.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

you_fail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He's neither an emo nor a bandit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

WRESTLING IS ****

permanent-facepalm-facepalm-fail-pigeon-demotivational-poster-1260284257.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

I find it excruciatingly difficult to comprehend the audacious fact that a grown adult would extract entertainment, if only temporarily, from a television program directed and marketed thoroughly to children.

First and foremost, my eleven year old nephew was watching a WWE broadcast on the weekend and I sat through, perhaps twenty-five minutes of the show before I started reading a book. I felt by him watching this sorry excuse for a sport, it was somehow messing up his mind. I mean, it isn't a real sport and if the fans want to watch a soap opera, why do they dismiss all TV novels such as Coronation Street or EastEnders or in America's case, Days Of Our Lives?

It's essentially a male groping session where honest competitiveness is absent and after a thorough sweating contest, both get to clean each other off in the showers. I just don't get it. It has several homosexual subliminal messages, it really is a disgrace how any parent would allow their children to watch such mindless drivel when a genuine sport like MMA is quite accessible on many networks.

I feel bringing my nephew to a UFC event will help him appreciate a real athlete, their dedication to competition and trying to be the best they can be and the winning attitude it takes for them to be that instead of annihilating your mind by watching two fully grown men in a ring pretend to hit each other and where the outcome is scripted.

It just doesn't make sense and I think it's a bad influence on kids.

• Advertisement

But showing your nephew UFC would have a positive influence? :rolleyes:

I like the art of it. The skill involved in crafting an entertaining and fast-paced match is amazing. I love seeing an exciting match. I also love the wackyness.

You don't care what we think. You are criticising us in the form of a question. Could you be anymore condescending?

I find it excruciatingly difficult to comprehend the audacious fact that a grown adult would extract entertainment, if only temporarily, from a television program directed and marketed thoroughly to children.

First and foremost, my eleven year old nephew was watching a WWE broadcast on the weekend and I sat through, perhaps twenty-five minutes of the show before I started reading a book. I felt by him watching this sorry excuse for a sport, it was somehow messing up his mind. I mean, it isn't a real sport and if the fans want to watch a soap opera, why do they dismiss all TV novels such as Coronation Street or EastEnders or in America's case, Days Of Our Lives?

It's essentially a male groping session where honest competitiveness is absent and after a thorough sweating contest, both get to clean each other off in the showers. I just don't get it. It has several homosexual subliminal messages, it really is a disgrace how any parent would allow their children to watch such mindless drivel when a genuine sport like MMA is quite accessible on many networks.

I feel bringing my nephew to a UFC event will help him appreciate a real athlete, their dedication to competition and trying to be the best they can be and the winning attitude it takes for them to be that instead of annihilating your mind by watching two fully grown men in a ring pretend to hit each other and where the outcome is scripted.

obvious%20troll.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Not a big wrestling fan these days but i know i'd rather let my nephew watch WWE than UFC. WWE is an art form much like any fight sequence in any major Hollywood film. It looks real but the real skill is in not hurting your opponent. UFC glorifies violence. Wheres the art in that? May aswell bring your nephew down the country for some underground 'travellers' fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Yeah it's awful that people watch something they enjoy. How dare they?

I also recently found out that some people write long diatribes on internet forums just for the sake of provoking an argument. What must the kids think.

FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 45,107 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

you can take your homophobia elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I dont understand the question How Do People Finding Wrestling Entertaining? that makes no sense to me but if you are asking how do we find wrestling entertaining then it is simple great storyline with a bit of violence and some comedy now what man does not like Comedy, Violence and a storyline, wrestling to me is akin to watching a movie like Lucky number Slevin

It has several homosexual subliminal messages, it really is a disgrace how any parent would allow their children to watch such mindless drivel when a genuine sport like MMA is quite accessible on many networks.

I feel bringing my nephew to a UFC event will help him appreciate a real athlete.

Sounds like someone is holding something back. Did it make you un comfortable, or did it remind you of how much you enjoyed He Man when you were a kid?

Yup, I think this one shall be moved to the flaming and abuse is allowed FAIL THREAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Sound, we haven't had an addition to the EPIC FAIL thread in a while.:pac:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Sound, we haven't had an addition to the EPIC FAIL thread in a while.:pac:

Maybe he should watch a Masters match before he writes of sports entertainment?:pac:

• Advertisement

My favourite thread makes its EPIC return:pac:

He was nowhere near as good as the emo guy

Ive actually found that this is getting resurrected quite a bit lately.

Just for your love of Homosexal undertones, I AM THE WALRUS

wrestling-epic-fail1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Also trolling shouldn't need an essay to get the point across - you shouldn't have to go to that effort to provoke a reaction. EPIC FAIL there horsebox.

epic-muffin-on-your-head-fail.jpg

Ah, I missed the thread:(:(

Still though,

shipment_of_fail.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hey troll, you suck!

Hey troll, you suck!

Yeah!!
    simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Just to let ya know that the UFC's top guy right now,Brock Lesnar,quit the WWE a few years back because he couldn't handle the physical toll it was taking on his body!

You dont like wrestling and thats fair enough,but to insult the performers by not calling them real athletes is pretty ridiculous imo!

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Also trolling shouldn't need an essay to get the point across - you shouldn't have to go to that effort to provoke a reaction. EPIC FAIL there horsebox.

epic-muffin-on-your-head-fail.jpg

FYP flah:)

Advertisement