Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW EPIC FAIL thread **IT'S BACK!**

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My world is shattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I remember himself from the same sex marriage debate. Not the brightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Does he know Kermit isn't a real frog? :pac:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Does he know Kermit isn't a real frog? :pac:

I'M AFRAID I'VE GOT SOME BAD NEWS!

26456286216_43f1636e86_b.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's good this thread doesn't come around too often, makes it all the more special when it gets reopened :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lads c'mon we all know fake. We're a know it since the start.

Look at this vid. You can see him stamp to make noise when he punches. You can see him cut himself with a blade to bleed ANNNNNDDDDD....you can clearly see the edit in the footage to sub in a stunt dummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You all know "pro" wrestling is fake right?

You all know it's an act?

Really? I never knew! Thanks for tell me. After all this time.

You'll tell me next that Game of Thrones isn't a historical documentary.

Why do non wrestling fans feel the need to point out to wrestling fans that the product is "fake"? The only thing achieved is that you make yourself look idiotic. We all know the scripted nature of the product. Every single one of us. We have known for some time too. And we are ok with it. We accept it. We watch for the entertainment.

Pro wrestling fans are the most passionate fans in the world. And every single one of us know it's scripted. It's far from fake.

Not one of us wants or needs you to tell us it's fake. I could let it sit when this came up in the AH thread, but you had to go and take it one step too far, didn't you? You had to enter the Lion's Den, and actually seek out the pro wrestling forum, in order to do your trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I love it when this thread comes around. I feel that it brings all of us man-children a little bit closer. I'm sure if one of these guys got into the ring with Mick Foley for a match they'd be begging him to do it all fake with them. I'd hate to see it real if what we see is fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just finished reading the thread over in After Hours, then stumbled on this one on the home page, seriously have people nothing better to do than point out what we already know with pro-wrestling.

A fake sport? You're thinking of boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The matches may be predetermined but since we don't know the results, does it matter. And if we did, why would paddypower take bets on them?

Exactly. I've made a lot of money on betting on wrestling and I've also lost a lot of money too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I love how passionate people get about PW hate.

One of my friends is always trying to convince me that I have not in fact enjoyed Wrestling since I was 10, that I only think I enjoy it. Then you have the people who call it "gay". Most of these people are probably repressed in some way themselves.

gimmick wrote: »
    I love how passionate people get about PW hate.

It reminds me how we absolutely hate celebrities coming into our wrestling bubble to hock their wares. On SNL it's this grating sycophantic love-fest, but in WWE it's "get out you Goddamn phoney, you don't care about wrestling"! We might not like what we're seeing week to week, but we're very protective of it. We'll defend pro wrestling to the death, because we love it, and because the world looks down on it and us.

Fit Finlay had the best approach when people would ask him if it was fake in bars. He said in the documentary about him that he broke peoples' thumbs and asked them if that was fake. The whole fake thing is so tiresome at this stage. I don't care. IT'S STILL REAL TO ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Xavier Woods response to the whole "wrestlings sh1t" thing:)
    CgnYckZWwAAEjVy.jpg:small

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

nice to see so many 8-12 yr olds have the ability to setup and use a Boards account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Sorry, who are you referring to exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭blueb

its ok dont be sorry

Ok, semantics as well as passive aggressiveness. To which posters are you referring to with the comment about 8-12 year olds

• Advertisement

It's been 4 months, and EPIC FAIL thread returns!

Back in your hole and to your American Karaoke shows!

So, my posts got moved to this thread, whats the story

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

cletus wrote: »
    So, my posts got moved to this thread, whats the story

If a post is revolving around one of the offending posts they are usually also moved for context and to clean up the original thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

blueb wrote: »
    nice to see so many 8-12 yr olds have the ability to setup and use a Boards account

Being passive aggressive on an internet forum to people you view as children.

I think you're the best keyboard warrior we've had.

Advertisement