Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurling on the Beach

Options
  • 09-07-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick message to all you boggers & culchies out there who practice hurling on a crowded beach......go somewhere else!!

I mean if you did it with a tennis ball i wouldn't mind so much but a sliotar:rolleyes:....its as hard & heavy as a rock ffs

Just yesterday i saw a young kid getting a whack on side of the head from a sliotar ...when his mother remonstrated with the boggers they just shrugged their shoulders and carried on.....ASSH&LES!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Public area...entitled to do what they want!

Can see this thread getting ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Apparently Dublin has more hurling trophies than Galway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Damn boggers!!!

i'm suprised they werent kicking a turnip around the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I thought this was gonna be a rant about people vommiting on our beaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

topless volleyball is the only game that should be played on a beach

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Bring a sheep onto the beech, it will divert their attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

fryup wrote: »

I mean if you did it with a tennis ball i wouldn't mind so much but a sliotar:rolleyes:....its as hard & heavy as a rock ffs

I guess your a city boy, aka a soft shoite, daisy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Damn boggers!!!

i'm suprised they werent kicking a turnip around the beach

...that turnip is tomorrows dinner, it's just a little sandy lads its fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Just yesterday i saw a young kid getting a whack on side of the head from a sliotar

He'll never make the county team like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Just a quick message to all you boggers & culchies out there who practice hurling on a crowded beach......go somewhere else!!

Just yesterday i saw a young kid getting a whack on side of the head from a sliotar ...when his mother remonstrated with the boggers they just shrugged their shoulders and carried on.....ASSH&LES!!

Ah stop will ya... soon there will be nowhere for the boggers and culchies to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dlite wrote: »
    Ah stop will ya... soon there will be nowhere for the boggers and culchies to go.

they can go to their local GAA pitch or practice in the field after they've bailed the hay:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Just yesterday i saw a young kid getting a whack on side of the head from a sliotar

and it was the best day ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

they can go to their local GAA pitch or practice in the field after they've bailed the hay:rolleyes:

Italics? Well la dee da :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭goldenbrown

I told a guy one day hitting golfballs on green space at hosing estate, if one of your balls lands near one of these under 6 years olds it is going into the bushes, it helped the situation

busy green are in front of marley park 4 i lads start throwing a rugby ball,though area full of small children before they start

some folks need to impose themselves on others, at killiney beach i was puzzled by some east european big lads being very rowdy....coming close to wrestling on top of toddlers...

at a playground one day....despite visible fear by 3 year old it took very clear language to have the lady remove the dog from area.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It would a shame if the national game was taken from the beaches entirely. Fionn and Cuchullain would turn in their dolmens.

What about a temporary ban instead on puckarounds conducted by Junior B players and we'll see how that goes?

(Clearly these bucks were Junior B if the youngster was clattered. All higher grades would sent the sliotar tidily towards the chest of the receiving player. Nice and handy like with a bita shpin.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

But it's time for tae and sangwiches after bailing the hay!

I told a guy one day hitting golfballs on green space at hosing estate, if one of your balls lands near one of these under 6 years olds it is going into the bushes, it helped the situation

Reminds me of that scene from The Van where Bimbo smacks his ball onto another hole.

"Oi, ya fuckin clown, I'm keepin your ball for that!"

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Figerty

How do you know they were 'boggers'? There are hurling players all over the country and in cities and towns. It would be like calling you a scobie just because you are not from the country.

So Scobies, we boggers will continue to 'hurl' on the beaches for as long as its our national game, we will continue to play the game of hurling as we have always done.

Where I am from we train on the beach collectively when the local pitch is unplayable, we train on beach when we need to and we go for a puck around when we want. Off course we should take due care of the people around us.

I am sorry to hear a child got hurt. That was inconsiderate of the lads playing hurling to play in a crowded area and out of order. You could say the same thing about surfers cutting accross swimming areas or worse again Jet skis.

One of the problems we have is the townies who allow thier dogs to S***e all over the place. (see I can make sweeping generalisations as well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Where was this beach?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I'm sick of kids getting in the way of a good puck around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

The people who play it in the middle of the road piss me off. What is this, Angela's Ashes?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't be surprised if the GAA try to claim the beach for themselves. Can't have funny foriegn carryings-on, on Irish beaches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Figerty wrote: »
    How do you know they were 'boggers'? There are hurling players all over the country and in cities and towns. It would be like calling you a scobie just because you are not from the country.

So Scobies, we boggers will continue to 'hurl' on the beaches for as long as its our national game, we will continue to play the game of hurling as we have always done.

Where I am from we train on the beach collectively when the local pitch is unplayable, we train on beach when we need to and we go for a puck around when we want. Off course we should take due care of the people around us.

I am sorry to hear a child got hurt. That was inconsiderate of the lads playing hurling to play in a crowded area and out of order. You could say the same thing about surfers cutting accross swimming areas or worse again Jet skis.

One of the problems we have is the townies who allow thier dogs to S***e all over the place. (see I can make sweeping generalisations as well!)

They were wearing black socks pulled up with flip flops

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't be surprised if the GAA try to claim the beach for themselves. Can't have funny foriegn carryings-on, on Irish beaches.

Like swimming :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

The child was obviously a brit and repressing the poor honest bogshite hurlers.
    He deserved to be hit in the head with a whalloped sliotar in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,895 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

.ASSH&LES!!

Ya should've just Assh and Les to go to a quieter part of the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

I think I have found a compromise be safe and at the beach at the same time....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They were wearing black socks pulled up with flip flops

dont the older carrot crunchers usually wear suits on the beach

mobius42 wrote: »
    The people who play it in the middle of the road piss me off. What is this, Angela's Ashes?

If it's good enough for Wayne and Garth......

"GAME ON!!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭seandugg

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    I think I have found a compromise be safe and at the beach at the same time....

No thats fryup looking for his heroin stash

Advertisement