Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tell me about your dreams...

• 09-07-2009 12:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

[/Freud]

Can't think of anything more nocturnal than this. How about telling the forum about any interesting dreams you had?*

Last night I dreamt I discovered an entirely new kind of dinosaur... alive and well in the woods near my house. Cool looking buggers, about 8 feet tall with duck bills and long claws on their arms which they used to dig up tubers.

Then I woke up to boring reality and my dull job which involves no dinosaurs whatsoever.

*sorry if this kind of thread has been done before. I did a search and couldn't find one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I used to have an odd reoccuring dream about a pirate ship that was on the ocean floor. :confused:

Sometimes I remember them but usually when I do, they're ****e. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't really remember my dreams since I was a teenager ...

... and those don't really bear repeating! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

*clears throat*

Em... I once had a dream that me and Orestes were best friends.

Really.

:o

I also had a dream about all the Nocs once... we were under zombie attack (naturally) and had all congregated in a pub to plan our strategy for defeating them. While we were there, we of course decided to have a beers; which got rudely interrrupted by the zombies, who we then had to go and kill. I remember Girl_Friday, Kharn, Doomy, and Squirl being in this one particularly!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Two nights ago I had a dream where this huge, milipedal creature attacked me.

I was desperately struggling against it and it had this lamprey like mouth with which it tried to rend your flesh from you, and it seemed to inject people with some form of anaesthetic so they didn't feel it as it killed them...

Eventually, I managed to fight it off and was able to shatter it's chitinous carapace with an implausably large rock.

Then rather badly injured I limped off like nothing had happened.

My dreams are weird.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

shellyboo wrote: »
    *clears throat*

Em... I once had a dream that me and Orestes were best friends.

Really.

:o

I also had a dream about all the Nocs once... we were under zombie attack (naturally) and had all congregated in a pub to plan our strategy for defeating them. While we were there, we of course decided to have a beers; which got rudely interrrupted by the zombies, who we then had to go and kill. I remember Girl_Friday, Kharn, Doomy, and Squirl being in this one particularly!

How were my zombie killing skillz? Tell me I had mad zombie killing skillz.

Did I have the shotgun?

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    How were my zombie killing skillz? Tell me I had mad zombie killing skillz.

Did I have the shotgun?

You DID have mad zombie killing skillz! There were many shotguns.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I remember you telling me about that actually!! Was I any good at zombie killing?? Knowing me I probably stayed getting drinks for everyone or fell over on first attempt! :(

I remember you telling me about that actually!! Was I any good at zombie killing?? Knowing me I probably stayed getting drinks for everyone or fell over on first attempt! :(

Lol :) We were all excellent zombie killers!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Lol :) We were all excellent zombie killers!

Yay!! \o/

Take *that* dream zombies!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

my dream last night was just strange, i was in my old school which had been taken over by terrorists, for some reason, who kidnapped.....someone. then all of us tried to overpower them, it also involved my dog helping us, and i think i may have been some sort of james bond persona, just without the mad skillz, was fcukin crazy to say the least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

*Searches for reference to me*

:(

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Last one I can remember was that I was a character in a show like the Wire. But it was crazy violent compared to the Wire. Lots of people exploding in a hail of gunfire.:eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

I had one dream where i got up out of bed one morning, i notice a mouse hole in the skirting board on the landing. So i went down stairs and lied on a counter top. A few minutes later, i noticed a furry pair of legs running down the stairs and then it barged into the kitchen and ate me.....i woke up then :-P

Other is i was stuck in tescos in douglas -> cork and it had been taken over by pixies and i had to sneak to the ice cream aisle to get weapons to kill ze pixies!

Nerin wrote: »

Couldn't talk about my Nerin dreams in here, they're too steamy... :pac:

*hides from FC*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I always have the strangest dreams.

In one of my dreams I was married to Kiefer Sutherland. He was kidnapped and I had to try rescue him. Kevin Bacon had to help me. I remember we had to jump from a moving car and then hid behind a bush for a while. We eventually found him tied up in a warehouse. I had watched Flatliners that night.

In another one I was being chased by people in diggers through my estate. Then all of a sudden I ended up in this computer game level. It was like I was on a giant chess board and I hat to eat all the cherries before I could escape the poeple who were after me. Can't quite remember how that one ended.

A recurring dream I have is that of me and my family being chased by dinosaurs. Always at the end a huge ship arrives that we have to jump onto in order to escape the dinosaurs. We come to the edge of a cliff and then the ship appears.

There's lots more...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

SDooM wrote: »
    Two nights ago I had a dream where this huge, milipedal creature attacked me.

arthropleura.jpg
    [Freud]The millipede represents your penis[/Freud]
    trowelled wrote: »
    . I had watched Flatliners that night.

Slightly off topic, but I hear Victor Ward has been cast in Flatliners II.

Galvasean wrote: »

I didn't know they were making a second one.

The most recent dream I had was weird too. It involved a friend and we were in a theme park. All of a sudden he disappeared. I was looking frantically for him. Then I get handed this mobile by some random person and this guy says that my friend is with him but I cannot know where they are. Me and this other girl try to find him and think we spot the "kidnappers" and my friend in a van so we decide to chase after them but we don't have a car so my friend decides to throw this guy out of his to car to rob but then decides against and she just vanishes from the dream. Then a little while later in the dream I get a phonecall from my friend to say that he was taken to be part of some secret mission. He tells me where he is and that I can come over because the main guy is gone away. Then it just went even weirder and I woke up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I like this thread already....

I usually forget my dreams fairly quickly, and just remember fuzzy details later. This morning....I wanted a kitty...and picked one from this shed that had lots of kitties in it. But I kept breaking or losing them so I had to keep going back to the shed to get another one...

And then I had one where I was in a crowd, waiting to cross the street, and there were these two dodgy fellas right beside so I hugged by bag closer to my body. And one of the dodgy fellas gave me the eye and said quietly "It doesn't matter what you do, if I want to steal your stuff I will." And I was like "no way you crazy man" and he said "Just watch me" and then all of a sudden he had my keys and my purse in his hand! :eek:

Maybe I'll have a more interesting one tonight.

hahahhaha brilliant!
    I didn't know they were making a second one.

that was an injoke, victor ward is from the bret easton ellis novel glamorama, and he gets cast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Either I never dream or I never remember them. average of 4-5 hours sleep a night though. Only times I do dream is when I get 10 hours+. Last time that happened I dreamt I went on an adventure with my geography teacher from secondary school.(would of been a good 3 years since I seen him last).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I don't really remember my dreams since I was a teenager ...

... and those don't really bear repeating! :o
    >_>

>_>

Ooooh nightmares...
    *creates parallel thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 biezo57

i dream of people i fancy and other uninteresting stuff

biezo57 wrote: »
    i dream of people i fancy and other uninteresting stuff

*puts on agony aunt hat*

Start fancying interesting people and your dreams will be much better.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 biezo57

i do fancy interesting people but the dreams are pretty rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

Last night I dreamt I was the lead singer of Nightwish! Some dreams are too darn good to come true :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I dreamt my dog and I went for a really long walk. How lame is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

HELL YEA!!! :D all those nights playing computer games training helped!

the last dream i can remember is just sailing around and chillin out havin a good time :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmm......I used to have mad dreams when I was younger. For a long time Gary Oldman's Dracula really freaked me out, and sometimes I would have nightmares about him chasing me around his castle.

Now all I have is **** dreams about my teeth falling out.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

i don't dream very often, but when i do i only have a few dreams over and over this is my favourite of them cause it's kinda wierd

i'm a guy like ... normal and somehow i end up on a spaceship. when i ask what the people on the ship are studying they open a big window and it shows the sun. in front of the window is a full lab with a red phone on the wall. somehow i end up talking to the sun on the phone, as if it were a person.

it then comes to light that the sun is very agitated cause it hasn't slept in years (cause it can't turn out the light's) and that it killed the dinosaurs because they had made contact with it and pissed him off.

*i know this is getting rediculious but it's all true*

so i end up trying to appease the sun and keep it happy even though i don't know what it likes and one small slip up could kill everyone. so i put forward the idea that it should put itself out for an hour so that it gets some sleep. but some scientist tells me not to agree to it because of what it would do to earth, and this is made worse by the sun saying something alng the lines of that if it tries to sleep for an hour it prob wouldn't wake up for a few days........ arguements break out, people start shouting at me for sugjesting it and thats around were i normally wake up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

do ye ever have sort of... not recurring dreams, but recurring settings? like i have a few, the most recent which has come back is this large building i associate with a college. in nights gone past, it has turned into a complete maze, and upon reaching the bottom, hidden layer of this maze, there's been anything from dragons to.... emm... voldemort to defeat there.... (though ive been dreaming of this building since before harry potter...)...

most recent... me and one of my workmates are at work... at this college, and... the head of the college, our teacher/lecturer is the head of the IRA, and we all know this and that's just fact as it is. but the IRA have kidnapped someone, and it manifests that they'll return them under certain conditions, i cant remember waht, but it turns into this really public thing... there's all these seats at the bottom of grafton st (though it's more rounded and spacey than usual) and there's hundreds of people gathered sitting in front of this stage where there's seats up like this judging section or something with important looking people sitting in them... i somehow know that it's some kind of trap and that they're not going to honour their word to release her and i keep trying to tell people but no one will listen... so the crowd silences and the kidnapped woman is brought up and she's all safe and sound and stuff and people are cheering and then a sniper kills her and 3 other people and everyone's running and screaming and me and my workmate are running back to our 'work' (the college building) and in the room next to where our 'lectures' are, there's a room full of people i went to school with and im gobsmacked to see that they're all there next door and then i go into my 'class/work' and the leader of the IRA's there showing us this video of all these shootings and looking smug and no one says and thing. and we're all terrified.

seriously, wtf?

Yesterday, for no apparent reason i had a dream about this:

about 50 seconds in

"Embedding disabled by request.":p

That being said, anything with Shaun Ryder should be best described as a nightmare rather than a dream. Especially if Damon Albarn is also present.:pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    "Embedding disabled by request.":p

Well, the still gives you the jist of it.

• Moderators Posts: 51,860 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

One I had during the week. Can only remember vague points from it.

Was in a foreign country with a group of people. We were visiting a city and it had an inner city. Something along the lines of one of the Italian places I visited. Lots of narrow, high walled streets.

There was a cult sort of group being led by Glenn Close (only finished watching damages boxset recently). All the members were behaving like brainless drones. This was due to robotic insects that would infect people to bring them under the cults control.

Somehow I manage to avoid being infected. Then I join up with a resistance group. I have to swallow a pendant, which offers protection against the insects. Then we start planning on how to break people free of the mind control.

Sadly, I woke up before reaching the end of the dream.:(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

It's good to know I'm not the only one with insane dreams.

I dreamed during the week that I was fighting a town full of vampires, but it wasn't until the end of the dream that I realised they were vampires. Before that I just thought they were regular "bad guys" and they kept popping up whack-a-mole style everywhere I went in my dream. But I wasn't your typical vampire hunter, I was an 8 year old girl who lived at the top of a bell tower that I used to climb a rope to get to so I had to run from the police and social services aswell... It was rather nuts.

Oddly enough, Im pretty sure the town in this dream has featured in other dreams I've had.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had a dream once...

It's good to know I'm not the only one with insane dreams.

I dreamed during the week that I was fighting a town full of vampires, but it wasn't until the end of the dream that I realised they were vampires. Before that I just thought they were regular "bad guys" and they kept popping up whack-a-mole style everywhere I went in my dream. But I wasn't your typical vampire hunter, I was an 8 year old girl who lived at the top of a bell tower that I used to climb a rope to get to so I had to run from the police and social services aswell... It was rather nuts.

I once had a dream that I was part of a team of vampire hunters in this big mansion/castle. Cue some pretty gory action scenes, until we killed every last one.
    Then someone pressed the reset button and it started again. Damn dreams

Kharn wrote: »
    I had a dream once...

that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

my dream last night was a strange one....not strange in the freaky sence but... ah let me explain.....

i was at a comedy club and one of the other comedians was rippin the piss out of me (which does actually happen form time to time) its was all jovial etc until i got fed up by it, i ended up giving this guy a few warnings (saying stfu and drop it there...pretty blatent warnings) until all of a sudden i fcukin snapped, i started batterin this guy until he was just on the ground a mess, then i just remember headin off, not runnin just walking away in to the sunset like the end of some movie: "and then he was justified and satisfied..." etc

i'm an angry young man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I once had a dream that I was part of a team of vampire hunters in this big mansion/castle. Cue some pretty gory action scenes, until we killed every last one.
    Then someone pressed the reset button and it started again. Damn dreams

Oh god that sounds even more irritating than a recurring dream. I have ghosty/horror type dreams that recur so often that I've started to pre-empt peoples actions in them. It's weird. Like never ending dejavu.

Last night I dreamt I was a sea lion. Playing in the ocean. :)

Then killer whales came and ate my babies. :(

Last night I dreamt I was a sea lion. Playing in the ocean. :)

Then killer whales came and ate my babies. :(

Thats weird, i dreamt i was eating babies last night...

Wait...

Wheres my pillow?!?!

Ah,there it is...

Thats weird, i dreamt i was eating babies last night...

Wait...

Wheres my pillow?!?!

Ah,there it is...

Wait...

Where's your baby!?!?! :eek:

Wait...

Where's your baby!?!?! :eek:

Stan smith voice-Taken care of. Dream come through \o/

My ex best friend appeared in my dream again last night. Keeps happening lately. God she makes me angry

I dreamt last night that I was offered the role of Marvin Gaye in his biopic. I know, don't ask. :p :pac:

I dreamt last night that I was offered the role of Marvin Gaye in his biopic. I know, don't ask. :p :pac:

That is classic. What a fantastic dream

That is classic. What a fantastic dream

Ha ha yeah, certainly one of the most off the wall dreams I have ever had. The dream was mostly about someone ringing me up and telling me I got the job as well as people just coming up to me and congratulating me. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

That's got to be the most random dream I've ever heard of.

Kudos to you, sir. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement