Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me about your dreams...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

do ye ever have sort of... not recurring dreams, but recurring settings? like i have a few, the most recent which has come back is this large building i associate with a college. in nights gone past, it has turned into a complete maze, and upon reaching the bottom, hidden layer of this maze, there's been anything from dragons to.... emm... voldemort to defeat there.... (though ive been dreaming of this building since before harry potter...)...

most recent... me and one of my workmates are at work... at this college, and... the head of the college, our teacher/lecturer is the head of the IRA, and we all know this and that's just fact as it is. but the IRA have kidnapped someone, and it manifests that they'll return them under certain conditions, i cant remember waht, but it turns into this really public thing... there's all these seats at the bottom of grafton st (though it's more rounded and spacey than usual) and there's hundreds of people gathered sitting in front of this stage where there's seats up like this judging section or something with important looking people sitting in them... i somehow know that it's some kind of trap and that they're not going to honour their word to release her and i keep trying to tell people but no one will listen... so the crowd silences and the kidnapped woman is brought up and she's all safe and sound and stuff and people are cheering and then a sniper kills her and 3 other people and everyone's running and screaming and me and my workmate are running back to our 'work' (the college building) and in the room next to where our 'lectures' are, there's a room full of people i went to school with and im gobsmacked to see that they're all there next door and then i go into my 'class/work' and the leader of the IRA's there showing us this video of all these shootings and looking smug and no one says and thing. and we're all terrified.

seriously, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Yesterday, for no apparent reason i had a dream about this:

about 50 seconds in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

"Embedding disabled by request.":p

That being said, anything with Shaun Ryder should be best described as a nightmare rather than a dream. Especially if Damon Albarn is also present.:pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    "Embedding disabled by request.":p

Well, the still gives you the jist of it.

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

One I had during the week. Can only remember vague points from it.

Was in a foreign country with a group of people. We were visiting a city and it had an inner city. Something along the lines of one of the Italian places I visited. Lots of narrow, high walled streets.

There was a cult sort of group being led by Glenn Close (only finished watching damages boxset recently). All the members were behaving like brainless drones. This was due to robotic insects that would infect people to bring them under the cults control.

Somehow I manage to avoid being infected. Then I join up with a resistance group. I have to swallow a pendant, which offers protection against the insects. Then we start planning on how to break people free of the mind control.

Sadly, I woke up before reaching the end of the dream.:(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

It's good to know I'm not the only one with insane dreams.

I dreamed during the week that I was fighting a town full of vampires, but it wasn't until the end of the dream that I realised they were vampires. Before that I just thought they were regular "bad guys" and they kept popping up whack-a-mole style everywhere I went in my dream. But I wasn't your typical vampire hunter, I was an 8 year old girl who lived at the top of a bell tower that I used to climb a rope to get to so I had to run from the police and social services aswell... It was rather nuts.

Oddly enough, Im pretty sure the town in this dream has featured in other dreams I've had.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I had a dream once...

It's good to know I'm not the only one with insane dreams.

I dreamed during the week that I was fighting a town full of vampires, but it wasn't until the end of the dream that I realised they were vampires. Before that I just thought they were regular "bad guys" and they kept popping up whack-a-mole style everywhere I went in my dream. But I wasn't your typical vampire hunter, I was an 8 year old girl who lived at the top of a bell tower that I used to climb a rope to get to so I had to run from the police and social services aswell... It was rather nuts.

I once had a dream that I was part of a team of vampire hunters in this big mansion/castle. Cue some pretty gory action scenes, until we killed every last one.
    Then someone pressed the reset button and it started again. Damn dreams

Kharn wrote: »
    I had a dream once...

that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a desert state, sweltering with the heat of injustice and oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the state of Alabama, whose governor's lips are presently dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the South. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

my dream last night was a strange one....not strange in the freaky sence but... ah let me explain.....

i was at a comedy club and one of the other comedians was rippin the piss out of me (which does actually happen form time to time) its was all jovial etc until i got fed up by it, i ended up giving this guy a few warnings (saying stfu and drop it there...pretty blatent warnings) until all of a sudden i fcukin snapped, i started batterin this guy until he was just on the ground a mess, then i just remember headin off, not runnin just walking away in to the sunset like the end of some movie: "and then he was justified and satisfied..." etc

i'm an angry young man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Galvasean wrote: »
    I once had a dream that I was part of a team of vampire hunters in this big mansion/castle. Cue some pretty gory action scenes, until we killed every last one.
    Then someone pressed the reset button and it started again. Damn dreams

Oh god that sounds even more irritating than a recurring dream. I have ghosty/horror type dreams that recur so often that I've started to pre-empt peoples actions in them. It's weird. Like never ending dejavu.

Last night I dreamt I was a sea lion. Playing in the ocean. :)

Then killer whales came and ate my babies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Last night I dreamt I was a sea lion. Playing in the ocean. :)

Then killer whales came and ate my babies. :(

Thats weird, i dreamt i was eating babies last night...

Wait...

Wheres my pillow?!?!

Ah,there it is...

Nerin wrote: »
    Thats weird, i dreamt i was eating babies last night...

Wait...

Wheres my pillow?!?!

Ah,there it is...

Wait...

Where's your baby!?!?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Wait...

Where's your baby!?!?! :eek:

Stan smith voice-Taken care of. Dream come through \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

My ex best friend appeared in my dream again last night. Keeps happening lately. God she makes me angry

I dreamt last night that I was offered the role of Marvin Gaye in his biopic. I know, don't ask. :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

I dreamt last night that I was offered the role of Marvin Gaye in his biopic. I know, don't ask. :p :pac:

That is classic. What a fantastic dream

trowelled wrote: »
    That is classic. What a fantastic dream

Ha ha yeah, certainly one of the most off the wall dreams I have ever had. The dream was mostly about someone ringing me up and telling me I got the job as well as people just coming up to me and congratulating me. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

That's got to be the most random dream I've ever heard of.

Kudos to you, sir. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Does anyone write down their dreams because they know they'll forget them otherwise? .....I woke up last night and scribbled on the top of a newspaper beside the bed.

Woke up this morning to see the following.....

.....In new house
    .....Garden in bits
    .....Gadafi thinks it will be nice when it's finished
    .....Rest of family too afraid to talk to him so I got stuck.
    .....Gave him tea!

I can understand the new house and garden bit as I just bought a house that needs a lot of work. As for Mr. Gadafi, I have no idea...possibly saw him on the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I rarely remember my dreams, though I had two last week that I remember, both Lucid actually, which was weird since they're apparently rare and most people would never have 2 in such a short period even if they tried (which a lot of people do).

First one I was talking to my friends in a place that was like my old schools corridor where we used to hang out and my friends hallway.
    Talking about being ripped off when given change by the guy who runs the local post office (except I think it was in pub), then I was shown a video on a phone or something of a bunch of people lying on a three-tiered bunk bed...
    At that point I was like "WTF, no way is this really happening" and it became lucid, weirdest experience of my life, immediately everything seemed a bit blurry and fading away and I'm pretty sure a door just appeared out of nowhere just because I thought about it.

Then 2 days later I had a dream where I woke up, then a few seconds later realised I was still dreaming, I just dreamt that I woke up, also weird, but after the one a few days before it didn't seem as odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Sarah.Roo

Iv heard this question been asked a few times but never came out with a straight answer!

Can people who have been blind their whole life dream? if theyv never seen anything.. can they imagine what things might look like..? they dont kno colours, shapes etc.. so how can they dream ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sarah.Roo wrote: »
    Iv heard this question been asked a few times but never came out with a straight answer!

Can people who have been blind their whole life dream? if theyv never seen anything.. can they imagine what things might look like..? they dont kno colours, shapes etc.. so how can they dream ?

Hi Sarah,

Name sounds familiar...

Anyways, you'd prob get a good answer here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

sometimes i'm not in my dreams it's sort of like i'm looking through someone else's eyes. does anyone else have dreams like that? Usually these are not pleasant dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

I had a dream a few weeks back when I was visiting my family in Cork. I was a vampire slayer in the dream, a Buffy type. I woke finally when I was about to get bitten on the neck.

The interesting thing is that I had been reading The Historian (a vampire novel) before I went to bed. And when I woke up my mum's cat was trying to sleep on my pillow with its claws touching my neck.

T'was a cool dream though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

It was patchy or else I remember it patchily.

It was the end of the world, the apocalypse if you will. But for some reason there were three safe zones that people could get to (which is always a good thing).

Firstly my friend was helping me through a blizzard sandstorm, avoiding deep cracks appearing on the ground, then pyramids came shooting up from the cracks and started jutting us and throwing us both about. :(

Then it cut to one of the safe zones, I magically ended up there...it was a Greek styled bathhouse that was on a ship. Met a few other friends there, who were hiding from a mad man on the ship :eek: The best hiding place was under an escalator that was positioned in one of the bathing areas that had plenty of mirrors. That meant plenty duplicates of the same person, so the mad man couldn’t find the real person.

Another cut to another safe zone. This time it’s in a huge warehouse, but full of beds and sleeping bags for people. It was real hardcore refugee style place. And it was a trek to the safest safe zone from here. I was with a few close friends and we were all separated into different groups to be taken to the safe zones. It was me and one other friend, who then abandoned me as they were taken away for “training” with a guy in an eye patch....

He had an eye patch, he musta known things!!

Then I woke up, texted my friend saying they couldn’t abandon me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Id a dream a few nights ago that i was in a water park and in one park of the pool there were seals and theres was a really cool slide in that bit but i kept getting nervous about being eaten and then when theyd fecked off to a different part of the pool i went down the slide and they came back over,thats all i can remember from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SmellMyWindow

Place is dead, let me see if I can revive it (won't happen).

I was in a weird glass mall, trying to buy the latest FIFA and there was this black woman at the reception, and she was going to guide me to the right shop. So she took my arm (don't ask), then we walked until we approached about 5 or so stairs, but there was a gap in one of the stairs, so I jumped with her (typical dream trait, the jump was in very low gravity) and we made it, the woman laughed as if to say “that was close haha”. We reached the FIFA area, yeah a whole area. I remember the corridors were all glass with neon signs, and each FIFA version had it’s own seperate shop, dunno why, they were titled by date numbers, so “03, 04, 05” etc, like a cinema. We went into 07 for some reason, and I reached the desk to buy it, there were one set of Chelsea fans and another set of Liverpool fans, all of them were excited about something, presumably the game? Then my friend (who came out of absolutely nowhere) and I approached the pay desk, then they all started laughing at my friend, because he was wearing a Chelsea shirt, not sure why this was funny to the Chelsea fans. Anyway I went up to buy the new FIFA.
    “Hi can I get the ehhh, FIFA 013-13 … the sorry-” I said. The guy was really impatient with me, he appeared drunk and starting pushing me on.
    “Yeah yeah FIFA 14 ...hurry up .. *SIGH*” he said.
    “FI-FIFA 14 yeah”
    I walked away, my friend decided to stop existing again and I woke up.

The end ... dreams aren't movies. Don't know why my dreams seem to feature incredibly banal things but there you go. My friends' dreams seem to be even more banal. In real life, him and I made a stir fry for the first time and it turned out good.

And in his dream, it was similar, same kitchen. Chopped the vegetables, chopped the meat ... but instead of frying, he just put the stuff in the oven. Oh and he also had a dream where he had a coat on and his Dad offered him a different coat. So he put that coat, on top of his current one.

I aspire to have dreams that utterly mundane and useless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement