Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Charity Leaflets

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

merlie wrote: »
    They usually take the clothes to a place in eastern europe and sell them to poor people. Yes you read right they 'SELL' them to people who can't afford clothes. It is a shame as they are not a charity and are making genuine charities work more difficult.

What you can do is put a note behind your hall door window saying 'NO JUNK MAIL' hopefully that may help
    Everyone knows idiots dont read...

Plus i heard before that they sell the clothes on to the rag trade for a decent profit each time they offload.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

just give them all the crap u have and bring the dacent stuff to your local charity shop

• Registered Users Posts: 10 niall.boland

Thanks guys for all the humerous suggestions. I just googled letter box locks and you can lock your letter box from the inside. Navan Lock and Key do in Navan. I might give them a ring and see what they say. Will update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

merlie wrote: »
    What you can do is put a note behind your hall door window saying 'NO JUNK MAIL' hopefully that may help

that won't work.

OP you need to record and study the pattern of their visits. When you figure out when they show up, be ready at the letterbox with a crossbow

Advertisement