Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes Charity Leaflets

Options
  • 08-07-2009 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Are people tired of getting these leaflets in the door. At the moment I get at least 2 a week delivered between 05:30 and 06:30. Most of the time I am woken up as they make such a racket at the letter box. Does any one else have the same issue with being woken up. I have tried ringing and email the contacts on the leaflets but there has been no response.

I have no problem receiving the leaflets but why so early in the morning. Is there anything legally that can done besides closing up the letterbox at night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They are all cons. The numbers are false.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

write a strongly worded letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Fill them with rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Complain on the interweb? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

phasers wrote: »
    Fill them with rubbish

Sh1t in the bag then put a funk load of clothes in it. Be sure to put it at someone elses door though. Maybe an annoying neighbour.

That'll learn em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

You know what, I hardly ever received these things when I lived on the Northside. Maybe one a month or two months.But bloody hell, now I'm on the other side of town, I get one (if not two) every week. It is beyond the joke now. Don't they realise that people get these bags every week? We wouldn't have a stitch left to wear at this rate!! :cool:

Seriously - Penneys are practically giving clothes away at their current prices, can they not go and do a charity shopping spree in there from the money left over from chugging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

You know what, I hardly ever received these things when I lived on the Northside.

Well they're hardly going to ask the beneficiaries to contribute as much now are they?
    By the way, hows life now your on the sunny side of the river?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Are people tired of getting these leaflets in the door. At the moment I get at least 2 a week delivered between 05:30 and 06:30. Most of the time I am woken up as they make such a racket at the letter box. Does any one else have the same issue with being woken up. I have tried ringing and email the contacts on the leaflets but there has been no response.

I have no problem receiving the leaflets but why so early in the morning. Is there anything legally that can done besides closing up the letterbox at night?

The obvious answer is to set a trap. Then feed the offender to the pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Abigayle wrote: »
    The obvious answer is to set a trap and feed the offender to the pigs.

But that's entrapment!

But that's entrapment!

Well. Whaddyagoddado. The other idea was to take note of their collection date, then tie a rope around a refuse sack of clothes and leave it just outside the door. When they go to pick up the bag, pull the bastard in the door and give him a hiding.

Nelson laugh optional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

op get your self a nice big dog when they here a dog growling they tend not to put the hand in letter boxs... :D

MoominPapa wrote: »
    Well they're hardly going to ask the beneficiaries to contribute as much now are they?
    By the way, hows life now your on the sunny side of the river?

Loike, oh my gawd roysh, amaaaaazing ! :cool: :cool:

chin_grin wrote: »
    Sh1t in the bag then put a funk load of clothes in it. Be sure to put it at someone elses door though. Maybe an annoying neighbour.

That'll learn em.

And they expect you to wash the clothes as well, ffs! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

have spicy indian every night for a few days then do a duty on top of the crap clothes you put in the bag they leave in the porch, they will get a nice surprise when they open it to look for the 'clothes'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

just put your rubbish in the bag with a few old t shirts on top,lovely way to keoe the cost of your bing tags down:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Who cares if they're cons.

People want to make old clothes disappear and the men in vans make that happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The ones where I used to live were from travellers. Instead of knocking on your door looking for clothes like in the old days, they have this new system.
    So expect anything they don't want to be dumped in the nearest ditch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hoorayforbacon

You know what, I hardly ever received these things when I lived on the Northside.

Is that where the clothes go???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

You could ring up the companies doing it and ask them not to deliver any more leaflets to your address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If you people don't give them your old clothes I go to work naked.

So please, for the sake of everyone else in my work place, PLEASE DONATE CLOTHES.

Thanking you.

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    If you people don't give them your old clothes I go to work naked.

So please, for the sake of everyone else in my work place, PLEASE DONATE CLOTHES.

Thanking you.

So, on a completely unrelated topic .. where do you work?

/takes bag back in

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Abigayle wrote: »
    So, on a completely unrelated topic .. where do you work?

He's a welder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

There was an investigation done (prime time I think). 80% of them (or atleast the vast majority) are hoaxes. And that's fairly true. We don't stop gettin them. Some of them have misspelt words on them.

jumpguy wrote: »
    Some of them have misspelt words on them.

God, just when you think these animals can sink no further... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

God, just when you think these animals can sink no further... :mad:
    Yeah but in fairness you'd think a serious charity appeal would spell critical countries right. I mean, Zimbobwe? Fúck's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

phasers wrote: »
    Fill them with rubbish

Thought that was the idea.

Oh right!

Put 3 blocks in them for no apparent reason whatsoever. For those who have no blocks handy, pick ones at a spot that people will not notice them missing.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

They usually take the clothes to a place in eastern europe and sell them to poor people. Yes you read right they 'SELL' them to people who can't afford clothes. It is a shame as they are not a charity and are making genuine charities work more difficult.

What you can do is put a note behind your hall door window saying 'NO JUNK MAIL' hopefully that may help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Stroll down to your local halting site and ask to speak to their leader/chief/king and outline your concerns to him. Im sure hed be very understanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Stroll down to your local halting site and ask to speak to their leader/chief/king and outline your concerns to him. Im sure hed be very understanding.

Huh?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement