Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza '09

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Really enjoyed this, we may have got this the wrong way around but we left the camper at home and brought our daughter. :D

Definitely go again next year, great mini festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 richieeire

Wasnt mad on Le Galaxie... Its all samples and wannabe Daft Punk Esque vibes. Not my cup of Tea.... I thought the Line -up was really really weak this year... All Irish Acts but not the better ones.. Where were Fight Like Apes, Republic of Loose, The Blizzards, Delorentos.. The only artist i enjoyed were Dark Room Notes, The Chapters and Super Extra Bonus Party.. These acts would be on my high profiel Irish list...

David Kitt was boring.. Spikes are brutal... Why were The Chapters not headlining the Sunday night. It baffles me... Do the Organisers of Castlepalooza have a rashers????.... Its meant to be on a Par with Indie-Pendence Festival but by god they didnt have acts like OCS and Super Furry Animals....

The vibe is cool.. Its all about the vibe but the Line- up was crap!

Think I will give Indie-Pendence a go next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Practically all the bands youve mentioned have played it in the past. They appear to be more about the cutting edge of the up and coming. That means you are going to hit a few more bad performances than normal. I will have to say the Indiependence lineup does appear better on paper but with it now converted to a full camping festival and established as such I can see the competition pushing both festivals into getting even better lineups next year... hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What a festival. Brilliant craic. So chilled out. The bus was a mad laugh the first night... It was rocking!
    Some good unheard of bands... Lowly Knights wer great, even if there was almost 30 of them :P

Koparberg Mixed Berry crate for 70 was a little over the odds, but did us well.
    It helped that we snuck a bottle of Jager, Vodka and Jamesons in.

Advertisement