Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nobody seems into hip hop here

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭CrankyStudent

disco who is your boyfriend? im one of them too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

disco who is your boyfriend? im one of them too :P

Hey Crank :D, He's rap name is L-Demon ( Well It Is For Now) , He does rap with some of the class A's ( Collie, Redzer, terrowrist) He Currently Workin On A Mix Tape Now.

How Long Have U Been Rappin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

the title says it all :(

very little interest in rap on this board, its heartbreaking

i love hip hop...without hip hop id be very sad:D....what artists are yous all into?i mean like new artists...

Hey Crank :D, He's rap name is L-Demon ( Well It Is For Now) , He does rap with some of the class A's ( Collie, Redzer, terrowrist) He Currently Workin On A Mix Tape Now.

3 or 4 years, i know them lads but never heard of your fella i dont think

any links to his stuff?

marko91 wrote: »
    i love hip hop...without hip hop id be very sad:D....what artists are yous all into?i mean like new artists...

mainly joe budden, i could listen to him only and be happy, i relate so much to his music its insane, thats prolly why i appreciate it so much, id say if i listen to 20 hours a week music his stuff would be 18 hours of it type thing :eek:

others i listen to these days would be

Joell Ortiz
    Crooked I
    Royce
    Saigon
    Ali Vegas
    Atmosphere
    Brother Ali
    Jadakiss
    Jedi mind tricks
    reef the lost cauze

them aswell as all the usuals

then alot of irish and english rap

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

3 or 4 years, i know them lads but never heard of your fella i dont think

any links to his stuff?
    No He Has **** All Up On The Net, Trying To Get Him To Start A Page But E Wont TIll E Has A Few Tracks Up!

Have U Any Links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Im not mad into rap, never was.... used to be sickened by all the eminem wigger crowd from a very young age though. I like mainly instrumental stuff.... Madlibs beat konducta series is good, so is the likes of MF Doom and RJD2 (deadringer)

No He Has **** All Up On The Net, Trying To Get Him To Start A Page But E Wont TIll E Has A Few Tracks Up!

Have U Any Links?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=351851
    or
    http://www.bebo.com/butcherboymusic

i havnt had the chance to record my more recent material due to lack of time/patience/or access to a studio

all them songs are between 1 - 3 years old

so i aint happy with alot of it, but what can ya do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Firstly, I would hardly say that there are no hip-hop fans around. Head to any hip-hop gig in Ireland and its crammed to the rafters, and the atmosphere is usually excellent.

Secondly, I would like to say thank you to the people who post about the underground artists, as without them I would have never picked up albums by the likes of Cunninglynguists or Panacea.

The reality of it is, that the artists who are popular in the charts are more in the public eye so if there are going to be threads started bashing an artist its more likely to be someone like 50 Cent then it is to be Prince Po.

And I don't think forum posting is likely to give an accurate reflection of peoples interest in hip-hop. I don't post here as much as I used to, I mostly come for some tips on artists that might interest me (have to be a bit more selective with my purchases now theres a mortgage to pay :( )

ah im not trying to get any real reflection on anything its just this section is very slow is all, no real daily posters giving news or new music type thing

i suppose if i want that i should go to a rap forum or whatever, but just all other sections seem buzzing and this seems slow is all

ps speaking of cunninlynguists, heres a song i love by them, i could play this on repeat for hours and not wanna change

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I don't really care about most of the music being posted on here. I can appreciate hip hop of all types. But I'd like to hear something new. All this old school fetishising is a bit boring at this stage. If I see another 2Pac or Biggie related topic I'm going to go into a coma.

There's good new music if people would be arsed looking around for it. There are certain commercial rap tunes I quite like. Deeper Than Rap has been getting alot of spins lately thanks to its delicious pop production.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

All this old school fetishising is a bit boring at this stage.

Amen.

wheres the old school fetishing ? i am far from that, i try and spread current artists work around if i feel they are deserving

Makaveli wrote: »
    Amen.

PS: ironic name for someone to say amen to that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

L demon-a chap in my class used to rap under that name,i wonder if its the same bloke?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I agree that at times there is too much old school fetishing and underground name dropping here.

But in fairness, thats only because the only people who actually bother to post up here are those who like the so-called "golden era" or indie acts. For all those people giving out about the content, don't turn away from the forum in protest, contribute to it. Its a discussion board FFS! I'm not a regular here but i post intermittently, and have no hesitation in saying illmatic is not the best album ever, or that the blueprint was better than reasonable doubt, or even that i think get rich or die tryin' was better than atmosphere's last album!

While personally i am not a lil wayne fan (although some of his stuff is actually good - i am actually listening to tie my hands as a type), if you are a fan, why don't you put your views across on him. He's not my cup of time, but i'm not going to deny that he is very creative.

I don't see the point in people who don't post on a forum giving out about the content of those who do. if you disagree, please please join in - this place would be all the better for some more autotune fans!

^^^ what he said

at the end of the day there is no right or wrong, its personal opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

If I was younger today there would be more interesting music around than modern rap. The bands out now are the best in years, that electro-pop stuff is quite good, and the metal scene is more popular than ever. Why would kids listen to watered-down chart rap and Souljah Boy? When I was a kid we had Public Enemy/NWA/Ice T - that stuff really stood out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Also, I've been trying to sell these CDs since February and no-one has contacted me yet so not much demand for rap music here anymore :p:
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=92997&cat=all

if you have spiral in your cd collection you dont deserve to be discussing hip hop :P
    but seriously though, nobodys gonna be buying 2nd hand cd's of alot of the martists, p diddy, snoops, t.i

downloads have fvcked up the sales, never mind the 2nd hand sales

• Advertisement

This is what i hate about non-hip-hop fans discussing hip-hop. Saying soulja boy is representative of modern hip-hop is like saying avril lavigne is representative of modern rock.

Every category of music has a pop sub-genre, be rock, rap, dance, rnb, soul, folk etc etc. That doesn't mean that the represent the best of what that genre has to offer. its usually the worst.

If you want to come on to this forum lamenting how modern hip-hop is ****e and be respected, then tell me that you think slaughterhouse, torae, blu, lupe fiasco, k'naan etc, not to mention the countless older cats still making quality music, are ****e. I won't agree with you, but i will at least respect the fact that you have made an informed decision.

But to disregard a whole and very diverse genre of music based on spin 1038's playlist is just plain ignorant. The only thing it shows up as lacking is your intelligence. There are some many diverse hip-hop groups and styles that it is not possible to make such broadd sweeping statement.

And even all those people saying that they liked hip-hop back in the day, but not now, you do realise that a lot of those artists you liked way back when are still creating quality music - between last autumn and this autumn, we are getting/have gotten new q-tip, mos def, the roots, rakim, krs-one and buckshot, nas (with damian marley), jay-z, reflection eternal, raekwon, ghostface etc.

So next time you want to make an intelligent contribution to a music discussion, please try and listen to something other than top 30 hits beforehand.

if you have spiral in your cd collection you dont deserve to be discussing hip hop :P
    but seriously though, nobodys gonna be buying 2nd hand cd's of alot of the martists, p diddy, snoops, t.i

downloads have fvcked up the sales, never mind the 2nd hand sales

Lol, i'd nearly consider buying the spiral cd just for the laugh factor. I can't believe somebody actually gave him a record deal. I can't believe somebody bought it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 docholiday

i lost interest as soon as kriss kross stopped making records though sometimes i still sit in my room with my clothes back to front as it feels so wiggedy wiggedy wack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

winston82 wrote: »
    NAS was right... Hip-hop is dead (for now)

Hip hop ain't dead, it's just retarded, over saturated with kick-clap-kick-kick-clap rythms and autotuned vocals. The same thing will happen that always, young people coming up will bring odd new musical influences to it and freshen it up.

Advertisement