Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Camera Signs on the M50

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drag0n79

The signs have been since the works started, it's just they have been repositioned in more prominant positions.

No, there are a lot more signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

In the case of last Friday the majority got into the left lane when they saw the queue up ahead and the right hand lane closed signs. Then there were some D regs going up the right hand lane (probably not believing that the lane actually was closed) and nobody wanted to let them back in (they were being viewed as queue skipping bastards by most I think).

Two queues taking it in turns to merge would have been better but when there was clearly only one lane queuing I wouldn't expect to be able to cruise up the empty lane and be let back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

always amazes me how three lanes of traffic on east link toll bridge manage to get into one lane going over bridge heading towards 02 arena.

drag0n79 wrote: »
    No, there are a lot more signs.
    Whe the works started there were a lot of signs (maybe not as many as now, I didn't count them), but when the traffic was switched from the outside lanes to the inside lanes most of the signs disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

I think later on inthe year, speed cameras are going to be put out for private tender. Ie leased to a private company. Cue liveline show!

This has been said for years, still no sign of the cameras. Don't hold your breath!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

This has been said for years, still no sign of the cameras. Don't hold your breath!

I saw these signs the other day too. I reckon they were put up either by or for the construction workers. I saw it being done elsewhere, the roscommon road from Athlone to be precise, when they were resurfacing it. Just a simple sign like the one on the M50, screwed onto an off-cut of plywood with a broken CCTV camera screwed on above it. It was funny the amount of people that believed it was a real speed camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Victor wrote: »
    Um, shouldn't you be in one of the left hand lanes?

what Davy Said.
    The left pair of lanes are for the N3, the right pair carry on the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'd prefer if they put up "keep left unless overtaking" signs. :mad:
    What are you overtaking at 60kph.. A tractor?

Advertisement